• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Who the hell is that guy who wrote that piece? He can't be in the San Diego area. He has no clue what he is talking about.
    EDIT... Oh, found him. Some kid from San Diego who is a baseball player. Horrible article.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-01-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      San Diego Chargers: Philip Rivers’ time has run its course

January 1, 2015 by Paul Ounjian

TwitterFacebook1GoogleRedditEmailPrint
      Enough is enough! The city of San Diego needs someone that isn’t afraid to take responsibility for a loss, and is ready to lead this team so desperate for a Super Bowl appearance.

After a long and grueling season, the San Diego Chargers were unable to do whatever it took to make the final push into the postseason. A disappointing 19-7 loss left Charger fans in utter disbelief as they watched their favorite team walk off the field ending the 2014 season.

Just like any other team, the Chargers have plenty of holes to fix and areas to improve on both sides of the ball. I’m not even going to address those problems yet. Before anything is done, the right mindset has to be attained and implemented for a team to succeed. The major problem this team faces isn’t necessarily talent, it’s mental toughness.

Let me explain.

Philip Rivers
      As Philip Rivers does whenever his team doesn’t win, he whines, he cries, and he throws a temper tantrum. The leadership of any football team starts with the quarterback, and that is exactly where the Chargers are weak. It wasn’t necessarily his level of play that cost the Chargers this crucial win, it’s that Rivers is very weak minded. When the going gets tough, he handles it by yelling at his teammates and throwing his helmet: a recipe for disaster. When his back is against the wall, number seventeen likes to point fingers and cause a scene which is exactly what he did when Nick Novak missed a fifty-two yard field goal in the remaining seconds of the third quarter.

However, this isn’t the only time in the game that Rivers embarrasses his team and his city. With 3:40 left on the clock in the fourth quarter, the Chargers decide to run the ball on fourth and one, leading to a tackle and a loss of yards. With the play STILL GOING ON, Rivers starts walking right off the field. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Kansas City’s defensive back Jamell Fleming bumps into Rivers during the play and Rivers is pushed like a lifeless rag doll with no fight or energy left in him.

Philip Rivers’ reign of terror in San Diego needs to end. The constant negative energy he brings drags the Chargers down year after year. Some players have that “it” factor to lead a team. Simply put, Rivers does not.

In recent years, the Chargers have gone through enough personnel changes to accommodate Rivers. I would like to see some changes that result with a new quarterback. San Diego is tired of disappointing seasons when the talent is clearly there.

Sometimes the best course of action for a team that doesn’t win is to break the roster down and rebuild in another direction. San Diego should do this by acquiring another quarterback. You can win with a less talented team, but you will never win with a weak minded quarterback; football is too tough of a game.

The good news for the Chargers is that Rivers’ contract ends after the 2015 season. San Diego should start scouting now for replacements either from the NFL draft or from free agency. The Chargers have a full year to sit down and make the right decision for the franchise. Now is the time.

Contact info is on the page. I encourage everyone to communicate how much you appreciate his professionalism.
      I myself believe he could have a golden future at the Denver Post some day.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This repost, of some idiots musings, takes away from what Rivers did say about his future.

I'd hate to see him with another team
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          This repost, of some idiots musings, takes away from what Rivers did say about his future.

I'd hate to see him with another team
          Rivers comments are interesting and I wonder what is the real reason behind it. Is it just posturing for his new contract, which doesn't seem like something he would do but who knows. Is he legitimately concerned about his health after football, which I can see (i'm sure he doesn't need more money). Is there something deeper that he doesn't like about the regime and he wants out?

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Sounded to me health might be a big concern. He has a bazillion kids, he probably would like to be able to play with them, pick them up, etc., without being in massive pain (or worse).

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Do teams have to wait until the designated Free Agency period, to negotiate and sign their own Free Agents??
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

No

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I suspect that you have to rethink things after every long grueling season.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yeah....I am sure his back situation is weighing on his mind.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

There is also a possibility that he doubts he could get a ring here. Not saying thats the case, but it is another thing for him to consider.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                        Yeah....I am sure his back situation is weighing on his mind.
                        If you had a dick in your back you would have second thoughts too!
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Jules
                          BMF
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Bulging dick even
                          Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

Comment

Working...
                          X