• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

The more i think about it the more i think we lose Flowers. He took a one year deal to prove himself and played well. He will most likely have intentions of going to the highest bidder and hit free agency. He may think hes worth 7 mil a year. Thing is with cap rollover now teams have more money to spend than ever. Eagles need help bad. Lost of teams need CBs. Hes near the top of the list as far as Free Agent cbs go that play zone.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      The more i think about it the more i think we lose Flowers. He took a one year deal to prove himself and played well. He will most likely have intentions of going to the highest bidder and hit free agency. He may think hes worth 7 mil a year. Thing is with cap rollover now teams have more money to spend than ever. Eagles need help bad. Lost of teams need CBs. Hes near the top of the list as far as Free Agent cbs go that play zone.
      I hate to lose Flowers. He's the #1 guy I want them to sign
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        The combo of Rhinehart and Troutman at LG doesn't have me jumping for joy.
        Chris Watt played LG at Notre Dame, alongside Trevor Robinson at C( at least for 1 year).
        Watt did not look good at either C or RG, so why not let him move back to a position where he's comfortable, playing next to a guy who he has history with in Robinson, who happened to play a very solid C when called upon.

If you resign Dunlap and move Fluker to RG, all you need is to go out and find a RT( Bulaga would be great! And we have the money!)

Bring back Troutman and Rinehart in back up roles, draft an interior lineman in the 2nd to 4th rounds, you'd have a solid line by only going into FA once.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

He may think he's worth that but I wonder what teams are willing to pay. He did miss a couple of games, he's short and he is 28 years old. I really hope we can keep him.
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

That's efficient but is Trevor Robinson the best center we can get? I like Fluker at RG, but him next to Dunlap could be devastating! I guess Fluker next to Beluga is pretty intimatating as well...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Who do you want back from this list?

PLAYER POS STATUS FROM TO AGE EXP 2014 CAP HIT
              Nick Hardwick C UFA SD TBD 33 10 $6,150,000
              Eddie Royal WR UFA SD TBD 28 6 $5,000,000
              Dwight Freeney OLB UFA SD TBD 34 12 $4,007,813
              Ryan Mathews RB UFA SD TBD 27 4 $3,612,000
              Jeromey Clary G UFA SD TBD 31 8 $3,300,000
              Brandon Flowers CB UFA SD TBD 28 6 $3,000,000
              King Dunlap LT UFA SD TBD 29 6 $2,425,000
              Marcus Gilchrist S UFA SD TBD 26 3 $1,258,600
              Shareece Wright CB UFA SD TBD 27 3 $781,035
              Doug Legursky C UFA SD TBD 28 5 $687,059
              Andrew Gachkar ILB UFA SD TBD 26 3 $656,475
              Willie Smith LT UFA SD TBD 28 3 $645,000
              Rich Ohrnberger C UFA SD TBD 28 5 $635,000
              Seji Ajirotutu WR UFA SD TBD 27 4 $635,000
              Ricardo Mathews DE UFA SD TBD 27 4 $570,000
              Ronnie Brown RB UFA SD TBD 33 9 $402,353
              Trevor Robinson C RFA SD TBD 24 2 $402,352
              Mat McBriar P UFA SD TBD 35 9 $100,588
              Kenny Wiggins LT RFA SD TBD 26 2 $33,529

Not many players I want back from that list. Dunlap just due to how bad the rest of our line sucks. Eddie Royal is a solid player. Can we afford to let both Flowers and Wright go?
              That's my group.
              Dunlap and Flowers are a must. Royal has been very productive( Malcolm has not-cut). You need as many decent CB's as you can get, so Wright stays, for the right price. Tutu and Gachkar are good special teamers and solid back ups, as is Mathews. Robinson should be our starting C.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                I hate to lose Flowers. He's the #1 guy I want them to sign
                Clearly. Mine as well. We finally get the CB issue fixed and we break that up? Cant do it.

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                He may think he's worth that but I wonder what teams are willing to pay. He did miss a couple of games, he's short and he is 28 years old. I really hope we can keep him.
                CBs have been the most overpaid position in the last couple of years imo.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Clearly. Mine as well. We finally get the CB issue fixed and we break that up? Cant do it.

CBs have been the most overpaid position in the last couple of years imo.
                  Might not have a choice. Flowers im sure will take the highest bidder and im not sure Telesco will overpay. Dunlap at this point is pretty important as well.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Might not have a choice. Flowers im sure will take the highest bidder and im not sure Telesco will overpay. Dunlap at this point is pretty important as well.
                    You know, at SOME point, this team is going to have to do something definitive in the FA market if they want to be more than a perennial .500 team. It would pretty much send a very bad message, to this fan at least, if they were to let Flowers go. Which does NOT mean that you sign Flowers and let everyone else go, either.

They have money. There isn't a Gaither, Cox, or Meachump in sight (OK, I'm looking past Brown and Butler for a minute). They may have an opportunity to restructure 3-4 vets to release even more funds. The list of bolded players in WindsorUK's list, above, is reasonable, do-able, and within reach.

Get it done...or do us all a favor and get the hell out of town.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think we see some moves this year. Head scratching, head shaking, aquavelva slapping moves...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        You know, at SOME point, this team is going to have to do something definitive in the FA market if they want to be more than a perennial .500 team. It would pretty much send a very bad message, to this fan at least, if they were to let Flowers go. Which does NOT mean that you sign Flowers and let everyone else go, either.

They have money. There isn't a Gaither, Cox, or Meachump in sight (OK, I'm looking past Brown and Butler for a minute). They may have an opportunity to restructure 3-4 vets to release even more funds. The list of bolded players in WindsorUK's list, above, is reasonable, do-able, and within reach.

Get it done...or do us all a favor and get the hell out of town.
                        Not to mention there is big cap space in 2016 where they might be able to structure contracts to push cap money to the second year
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

They will have the money to pay Flowers and Dunlap. Will they?
                          I have no problem with them giving Flowers top tier money.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X