• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

I read his Raiders salary was $8mil, but if he clears waivers and signed he gets $3.8mil. Didn't say who actually pays the $3.8Mil. Could he help for a couple years like Freeney did?
    If he clears waivers, the Raiders owe him the $3.8 million and he gets whatever he can negotiate with his new team. I don't believe we have $3.8 in cap space left to claim him on waivers.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

I read his Raiders salary was $8mil, but if he clears waivers and signed he gets $3.8mil. Didn't say who actually pays the $3.8Mil. Could he help for a couple years like Freeney did?
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Chargers TE Hunter Henry has outside chance to return next month

5:28 AM PT

As the Los Angeles Chargers get ready to make a second-half postseason push, they could get an unexpected boost from a player they were not counting on.
        Chargers tight end Hunter Henry, who tore his ACL during OTAs this past May, has a chance to return to action next month, league sources tell ESPN.
        Henry's return still would be a longshot, according to sources, but it is a shot -- and it is more than most were expecting when he initially suffered the knee injury it in a non-contact drill last spring.

Henry is running and squatting, his strength is returning, he has not suffered any setbacks and his attitude is good because he feels so good, according to sources.
        Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn would only say recently that "anything's possible -- he's looked a lot better than I thought he would," when asked about Henry.
        But sources say that if the Chargers (5-2) can make a postseason push that the organization is counting on, the chances of Henry returning at the end of the regular season should not be dismissed.
        Henry, who currently is on the Chargers' reserve-physically unable to perform list, had 81 receptions for 1,057 yards and 12 touchdowns in his first two seasons with the Chargers.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• charger1993
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Chargers TE Hunter Henry has outside chance to return next month

5:28 AM PT

As the Los Angeles Chargers get ready to make a second-half postseason push, they could get an unexpected boost from a player they were not counting on.
          Chargers tight end Hunter Henry, who tore his ACL during OTAs this past May, has a chance to return to action next month, league sources tell ESPN.
          Henry's return still would be a longshot, according to sources, but it is a shot -- and it is more than most were expecting when he initially suffered the knee injury it in a non-contact drill last spring.

Henry is running and squatting, his strength is returning, he has not suffered any setbacks and his attitude is good because he feels so good, according to sources.
          Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn would only say recently that "anything's possible -- he's looked a lot better than I thought he would," when asked about Henry.
          But sources say that if the Chargers (5-2) can make a postseason push that the organization is counting on, the chances of Henry returning at the end of the regular season should not be dismissed.
          Henry, who currently is on the Chargers' reserve-physically unable to perform list, had 81 receptions for 1,057 yards and 12 touchdowns in his first two seasons with the Chargers.
          I dont get how he tore his acl and skme how can be back next month. Thats crazy

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I dont get how he tore his acl and skme how can be back next month. Thats crazy

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Lamp should have used his doctor.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Yeah but weve seen lesser injuries take longer. Normally an acl is season ending.

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Lamp should have used his doctor.
                  Lamp is a bust in progress. How he keeps getting breaks from fans is beyond me. The team says his healthy but suffers 'confidence' issues and isn't ready to step on the field.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Lamp is a bust in progress. How he keeps getting breaks from fans is beyond me. The team says his healthy but suffers 'confidence' issues and isn't ready to step on the field.
                    Schofield has been playing very well. No need to hurry Lamp back. Really dumb to bury him before we see him play.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Schofield has been playing very well. No need to hurry Lamp back. Really dumb to bury him before we see him play.
                      That's the same thing we said about Watt and then Tuerk. I'm not going out on a limb, Telesco has a history of failed OL players.

Comment

• 99PROBLEMS
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Chula Vista
                        • OG Raider Hater
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

That's the same thing we said about Watt and then Tuerk. I'm not going out on a limb, Telesco has a history of failed OL players.
                        Last edited by 99PROBLEMS; 11-04-2018, 09:04 PM.
                        Stay Salty.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Lynn made that comment about him lacking confidence in his knee about a month ago. Again, Schofield is playing very well so I see need to rush him back. He clearly is taking a long time to heal, but so what. It was reported that in mini-camp before he hurt his knee last year that he was already our best offensive linemen so we have the luxury of letting him heal.

Comment

Working...
                          X