• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    where is this idea coming from Mathews will be cheap? Players ALWAYS look to get rich on their 2nd contract. It won't matter how many games he's missed injured with us- his agent will be pitching his talent and production when he DOES play and commit him to a new offseason workout program with a top trainer to instill confidence he'll be healthier in the future. Dude won't be giving any San Diego discounts and will go for way more than he is worth to us. They'll be going into off season with Brown and Oliver and Woodhead on the roster and IF they finally fix the OL those guys will be a good core to build on. I would expect a draft pick and signing a 2nd tier FA or trading for 1 and adding a bunch of UDFAs and the Shane Droughns of the NFL going into TC.
    We could signs the guy drafted before him...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I thought he would get a chance to show he can play RT but eventually be moved to OG. Id like to see him in less space and moving forward.
      I'd like to see him drop 20 pounds and be quick enough to stay at RT.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

TT should hire Fleet as a consultant.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          Id love to see him succeed there but its obvious to me hes really trying to accommodate for his lack of quickness. He does a better job when he gets away with false starts. lol. Because hes a already backing up before the ball is snapped. He was lucky in that niner game he didnt have 6 false starts. My point is that he will develop some bad habits trying to jump the gun early like that in order to prevent getting beat. It hurts me to see him struggle with it. Because i know how hard he works hes just limited by his own physical traits. Not sure losing weight will quicken his feet. Id rather he keep the weight and just blow guys off the line like donkey king. Simplify the game for him. If thats even possible in a technical zone scheme like we have.

I agree on fitness though. Im of the Jimmy Johnson school of thought. Survival of the fittest. Fatigue makes cowards of us all.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            It's not his weight. It's his snowshoe sized feet
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Hey, Mike Wallace could be a free agent soon!

Report: Mike Wallace quit on Dolphins teammates

The Miami Dolphins are headed toward their offseason golf dates carrying more baggage than just their clubs.

After finishing another playoff-free year with a loss to the lowly New York Jets, the Dolphins now have to deal with another issue from oft-upset Mike Wallace. The big-money wide receiver did not catch a pass in Sunday's 37-24 home loss and did not play in the second half. Wallace's absence was initially explained by coach Joe Philbin as a "coaching decision" but Jeff Darlington of the NFL Network later reported that Wallace committed arguably the worst sin in professional sports.

He quit on his own team after seeing another teammate score a touchdown:

Wallace was part of a bizarre scene in the locker room on Sunday where teammate Brandon Gibson stood in front of him and answered questions in his stead. Wallace has been no stranger to being outspoken since joining the Dolphins on a $60 million deal before the 2013 season, often questioning the team's game plan and expressing his desire to have more footballs thrown his way.

Wallace, 28 is signed through the 2017 season and is coming off a good year in which he caught 67 passes for 862 yards and 10 touchdowns through the team's first 16 games. With quarterback Ryan Tannehill developing into a good quarterback, it would have seemed that the Dolphins would head into the offseason feeling some positive vibes, even after an 8-8 season.

Wallace's actions on Sunday, however, cast a much darker cloud on the future than his teammates deserve.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Trade Butler for Wallace. JK

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  I don't disagree with you. I never saw Fluker as a RT. The only problem I ever saw with him is the coaches and GM drafting and playing him at RT.

I just don't think they make the move. Which is unfortunate
                  They won't make the move because that would be admitting they erred in the first place by proclaiming him a RT.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    where is this idea coming from Mathews will be cheap? Players ALWAYS look to get rich on their 2nd contract. It won't matter how many games he's missed injured with us- his agent will be pitching his talent and production when he DOES play and commit him to a new offseason workout program with a top trainer to instill confidence he'll be healthier in the future. Dude won't be giving any San Diego discounts and will go for way more than he is worth to us. They'll be going into off season with Brown and Oliver and Woodhead on the roster and IF they finally fix the OL those guys will be a good core to build on. I would expect a draft pick and signing a 2nd tier FA or trading for 1 and adding a bunch of UDFAs and the Shane Droughns of the NFL going into TC.
                    RBs are already devalued and it won't help that he had been injured often with us. Teams will see that so I doubt he gets a rich contract. Maybe more than we are willing to pay but I don't expect him to cash in line you think he will.

Also about our three RBs you said was a good core for next year,...... your kidding right? Donald Brown sucks and wasn't a starter in Indy. I'd be disappointed is that is the core group. We need another RB.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-28-2014, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      RBs are already devalued and it won't help that he had been injured often with us. Teams will see that so I doubt he gets a rich contract. Maybe more than we are willing to pay but I don't expect him to cash in line you think he will.

Also about our three RBs you said was a could core for next year,...... your kidding right? Donald Brown sucks and wasn't a starter in Indy. I'd be disappointed is that is the core group. We need another RB.
                      I disagree Brown sucks. He ran hard and had a bunch of positive yardage plays today. I'm sure he didn't call that run up the gut on 4th and 1 at the end either. Look, the guy got a concussion and missed 3 games and was forced to try to do a lot more than they envisioned when they signed him. We were coming off a year with a really good OL, Woodhead as a superior 3rd down back and 2nd on the team in receptions and Mathews playing in all 16 games the 1st time in his career IIRC. Brown was only supposed to give RM a breather for a series here and there and be a younger, faster upgrade over Ronnie Brown. he was also insurance if Mathews went down during a game like the playoffs last year so they could still execute the game plan. I bet you won't find anybody in the front office that expected him to be the next LT and carry the offense after Woody was lost early and Mathews missed so many games and the OL sucked all year. Brown is not cut out to be THE GUY and lead your offense- just be a part of the RB by Committee.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Brown sucks
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Behind this crap oline a lot of RBs would suck.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X