• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Just so many things that can be said about this team right now

You know we can all sit here and blame certain players for not doing there job but lets be honest the whole team is playing like crap right now. Like I said before you cannot win a game unless you win the battle in the trenches and just like the past 4 games including this one the chargers are losing the battle on both sides of the trenches. Maybe it's just me but you notice how the chargers always line up in shot gun formation when they pass but when its a run they always line up under center so as a defense you know whats coming. So maybe start lining up more under center on passing plays to keep the defense off guard and maybe start running a few more running plays from the shot gun formation. Lastly there are certain players on this team that just either need to be traded or plain and simple released because they're not doing shit for the team.
  • longhorn
    SD NOT LA Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
    You know we can all sit here and blame certain players for not doing there job but lets be honest the whole team is playing like crap right now. Like I said before you cannot win a game unless you win the battle in the trenches and just like the past 4 games including this one the chargers are losing the battle on both sides of the trenches. Maybe it's just me but you notice how the chargers always line up in shot gun formation when they pass but when its a run they always line up under center so as a defense you know whats coming. So maybe start lining up more under center on passing plays to keep the defense off guard and maybe start running a few more running plays from the shot gun formation. Lastly there are certain players on this team that just either need to be traded or plain and simple released because they're not doing shit for the team.
    They are in shotgun on throwing plays because there is no pass blocking...guards and center are on casters and barely in the way...the A and B gaps are open doorways to the defense....

The defense's deficiencies were masked early on by the offense's ability to win time of possession and keep their minutes down...There is no "heart" in the players on the interior of the line...The tackles are not playing great, but they would not be so exposed if the interior linemen created any kind of pocket for Rivers to have confidence in. We can not run because of the interior Oline play and the only back on the roster with speed to get not the edge is Mathews and he hasn't played for 7 weeks...The B gap runs will not be there until we can spread the defense out with some edge plays/chip on their shoulder.

Again, it's all about the interior Oline play...McCoy needs to send a message - play some linemen that are "hungry" and at least play with energy - the current line doesn't ever play with any kind of edge...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Thats not true, we run the ball from the shotgun. Had a nice run today from it only to be called back by a hold on Ornberger which imo was a bad call.

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Thats not true, we run the ball from the shotgun. Had a nice run today from it only to be called back by a hold on Ornberger which imo was a bad call.
        I realize they run from the shotgun formation from time to time my point is they need to do it more.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

I realize they run from the shotgun formation from time to time my point is they need to do it more.
          Almost all our runs are from shotgun. Rivers rarely lines up in anything other than shotgun.
          Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            Almost all our runs are from shotgun. Rivers rarely lines up in anything other than shotgun.
            I feel a drinking game coming on...
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

They do it on purpose because it gives Rivers time to see the field and a bit more time to compensate for a weak line. I believe there was an article with that sentiment in it on the UT not too long ago.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I would have to disagree with you because all the games I have seen this year all the runs with the exception for a few runs here and there have come from under center. You must be watching a different team then I am right now.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I couldn't disagree more. I could agree that they should do more from under center. From that and shotgun they should be doing more sprint outs. Rivers looks a little more mobile this year, so take advantage of it and buy yourself some time.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I would have to disagree with you because all the games I have seen this year all the runs with the exception for a few runs here and there have come from under center. You must be watching a different team then I am right now.
                    You didn't watch the Denver game. I would submit that every run came from shotgun.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

"Just so many things that can be said about this team right now ..."

I think the best thing to do right now is simply be mature and accept the current reality, support this team, that's what it needs, just support. They'll rebound, we just need to be behind them. Not a hard thing to do. Enjoy the bye week, watch some football without the stress of hoping for a Chargers Win. Let them regroup and they'll come back with some wins and a playoff berth.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2014
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

^^^^^^
                        What games have you been watching??????
                        Take the Jets game for instance, For all his successful runs, Oliver was lined up to the right of Rivers, In the shotgun formation

Comment

Working...
                        X