Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    You could argue the opposite, that actually all the pressure is on the Chargers. There's no pressure on the Raiders because their season is done. But the Chargers were a shoe-in for the playoffs at 5-1 and now their season is on the brink. Another loss to a division opponent to prolong a losing streak could send things snowballing out of control. The pressure is all on them to avoid this scenario and stay relevant in the playoff hunt.

Both takes are equally valid and equally worthless. If the Chargers are healthy and execute, the Raiders can do nothing to avoid another loss. If the Chargers continue to make the same mistakes they have during the 3-game slide (penalties, missed blocks/tackles, not being Manning ball lickers, etc.) they could lose, pressure or no pressure.
    "Equally worthless". Now THAT'S something I can relate to.

And yeah, as far as I'm concerned, the Chargers had BETTER be feeling the heat. If not, then they don't deserve to go to the post-season.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

You could argue the opposite, that actually all the pressure is on the Chargers. There's no pressure on the Raiders because their season is done. But the Chargers were a shoe-in for the playoffs at 5-1 and now their season is on the brink. Another loss to a division opponent to prolong a losing streak could send things snowballing out of control. The pressure is all on them to avoid this scenario and stay relevant in the playoff hunt.

Both takes are equally valid and equally worthless. If the Chargers are healthy and execute, the Raiders can do nothing to avoid another loss. If the Chargers continue to make the same mistakes they have during the 3-game slide (penalties, missed blocks/tackles, not being Manning ball lickers, etc.) they could lose, pressure or no pressure.
      A loss to this Raider team at home with 2 weeks to prepare should trigger another Coaching search.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

With a loss to Sunday to the Chargers, the Raiders would become the first team mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          With a loss to Sunday to the Chargers, the Raiders would become the first team mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.
          Let's make it happen.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Mercy killing ™
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• SteveInCbad
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Chargers should win but the spread seems high to me. The Chargers were lucky to beat them up in Oakland and they're favored by 9.5? Hope they blow them out but our defense hasn't looked good for over a month.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

How else can the books lure bets for the Raiders otherwise. Never mind the last game we played vs them. How does a gambler decide his money should go on the 0-9 Raiders...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think you know the answer to that.
                  But seriously...think about it. I don't think the answer is as clear cut as you think LOL. I honestly couldn't decide.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SteveInCbad View Post
                    Chargers should win but the spread seems high to me. The Chargers were lucky to beat them up in Oakland and they're favored by 9.5? Hope they blow them out but our defense hasn't looked good for over a month.
                    There was no luck involved in that win. They had us at home, coming off a bye and got a spark from the coaching change. And lost. Now their spark is gone, they are playing on the road where they have been horrible, they have lost a few players, we have some players back and are coming off our own bye with something to prove. It's football and anything can happen but the line seems about right to me.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Raiders closing in on 16th straight loss

Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2014, 11:13 PM EST
                      Raiders
                      AP
                      Only seven games separate the Raiders from the second ever 0-16 season in NFL history. Only one game separates them from zero wins in 16 straight games.

With nine losses to start 2014 and six to end 2013, a defeat at San Diego on Sunday will push the Oakland losing streak to 16 in a row. The team’s last win came on November 17, 2013 against the Texans.

The 2008 Lions ultimately lost 19 straight, and the Raiders of 1961-62 lost 19 in a row as well. The Buccaneers hold the longest losing steak in league history at 26 games.

If the Raiders finish the season 0-16, they’ll be only four games away from tying the record. Hooray?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Perfect season in reverse!
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          But seriously...think about it. I don't think the answer is as clear cut as you think LOL. I honestly couldn't decide.
                          People would be frustrated with a 1-point win, but it would be mayhem if we lost, with Mister Hoarse leading the McCoy lynch party.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X