Clear All
  • Savage Lizard
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Big Bear
    • Self-employed property manager.
    • Send PM

Well that sucked!

Flew across country for my away game this year. Had only been to Miami to board a cruise ship, so I was looking forward to seeing the Chargers, then a trip down to Key West for a couple days afterward. As a bonus, a high school friend I hadn't seen in 25 years saw my post about the game on Facebook and told me he was going to be there too, so we got to hook up and shoot the shit before the game.

Here I am all excited for the game, oblivious to the shitfest that was in my future:

DSC00029_zpsbcf5bde9.jpg

I got seats on Stub Hub that are the same as my seats at Qualcomm:

DSC00047_zps0c31422a.jpg

I was in the front row, but there is very little legroom in front of that seat, unlike my stretch out legroom at the Q. Being tall with shitty knees, it sucked.

A couple shots of the stadium decor:

DSC00041_zpsa89530a1.jpg DSC00037_zps6456d60a.jpg

Anyway, the stadium was nice, the people sitting near me were cool, and I didn't have any issues with opposing fans.

Then the game started.

We moved the ball on the first drive, and I figure we're going to put up three. Inexplicably, we go for it and get stuffed. I am a big fan of the aggressive, step on their throat attitude, but what the fuck? And then it was just snowballed from there. As ugly as it had to be on TV, it was 1000 times worse in person, knowing I spent good money and planned a trip around this complete turd of a game. I have been to a lot of sporting events in my life, and I can count the number of times I have left early in my life on one hand. This was one of those times. Just before the end of the 3rd quarter, after the latest turnover, I just decided that I was not having any fun, getting no enjoyment at all out of being there. So we packed it in early, beat the crowd, and went to find some dinner.

Luckily the rest of the trip was fun, had a great time overall. And, yeah he's little, but I'm holding a fucking alligator!

DSC00392_zps7a8824d4.jpg
  • Viejo Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Nice photos. Should have asked me first. I have the 1992 playoff and Super Bowl beatdowns on my resume from that stadium. I won't be back.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
      Nice photos. Should have asked me first. I have the 1992 playoff and Super Bowl beatdowns on my resume from that stadium. I won't be back.
      Ever since the '82 playoff game, the football gods have declared that the Chargers will not win in Miami. Maybe the human sacrifice that was offered last Sunday may break that.

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

Hey S.Lizard, look at it this way----Even though dolphin fans had the last laugh, at least you got one shot in on them early with the sweet M&N Winslow jersey!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

We can't control whether our team wins or loses. At least you played with an alligator. You find any boa constrictors?
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I like the Winslow jersey.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
            X