• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

L.A. talk should be concern for Bolts fans

Hashtag thepowderblues
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

"Economically Devastating" - Yeah, sure...

Rams owner Stan Kroenke has purchased 60 acres in Inglewood, near defunct Hollywood Park, and now is said to be negotiating to purchase the racetrack’s 300 acres. They’re the prime candidates to move. Raiders boss Mark Davis, son of Al, has talked with L.A. people, but also recently played host to a San Antonio contingent for some reason interested in the woebegone franchise’s move to Texas.
    I think the Rams should build a stadium in LA and then have another team play there instead of them. ??
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

*yawn*

Comment

• Faded blues
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

Chargers are not going anywhere

A stadium is going to get built downtown

Comment

• Maverick
          (Coryellian)
          • Jun 2013
          • Point Loma
          • Send PM

I'd love to see the Rams back in LA. The Rams were always my "NFC" team BEFORE they moved to St. Louis. Never could get behind them after that. Loved the days of Haden/Ferragamo/McCutcheon/Waddy/Youngblood/etc. That 1979 season was pretty fun to watch, & despite being major underdogs, they really gave the Steelers a game in the Super Bowl that year. Would have been cool had the Bolts been in that Super Bowl too (if not for the stupid Oilers).

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
            I'd love to see the Rams back in LA. The Rams were always my "NFC" team BEFORE they moved to St. Louis. Never could get behind them after that. Loved the days of Haden/Ferragamo/McCutcheon/Waddy/Youngblood/etc. That 1979 season was pretty fun to watch, & despite being major underdogs, they really gave the Steelers a game in the Super Bowl that year. Would have been cool had the Bolts been in that Super Bowl too (if not for the stupid Oilers).
            Stupid Oilers. Don't cheer for the stupid Oilers.
            And fuck the Rams - L.A., Orange County, and St. Louis.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Move the 'duhs to San Antonio and call them the Alamorons

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Every 6 months, an article like this appears. You almost set Daylight Savings Time on it.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I grew up a huge Ram fan (I did not take to the Chargers until I moved to SD in '88) and I remember that Super Bowl well. My first NFL game was that '79 season against Fran and the Vikings. The Rams faked a FG in OT and Nolan Cromwell ran it in for the win. That win put them in the driver's seat for the playoffs. What a lot of people don't remember about that Super Bowl is that not only did the Rams hang in there (Wendell Tyler had a huge first half), they had a chance to actually win it. Down 24-19, Ferragamo threw a pick late in the game that Pittsburgh turned into a TD to ice it. However, on that play he had Billy Waddy wide open down the sideline for an easy TD and Vince did not see him. They were within one more check down from perhaps winning that Super Bowl. I believe the NFL Films doc. on that Super Bowl shows the coaches in the press box yelling that "Billy" was wide open! Still remember it to this day...I was nine years old and it might be the closest I will ever be to my team winning the Super Bowl!!
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Maverick
                    (Coryellian)
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Point Loma
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                    Stupid Oilers. Don't cheer for the stupid Oilers.
                    I wasn't saying I was an Oilers fan....just the opposite, actually. I was trying to say it would have been cool if the Chargers & Rams both had been in that '79 season Super Bowl, but the Oilers unfortunately ruined it for us.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I wasn't saying I was an Oilers fan....just the opposite, actually. I was trying to say it would have been cool if the Chargers & Rams both had been in that '79 season Super Bowl, but the Oilers unfortunately ruined it for us.
                      Spoof on the theme song.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Rather have the Rams in LA than St. Louis. Raiders, meh, who cares?

Comment

Working...
                        X