Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    I never said he did (suffer more injury). I said - 50000 times - that I didn't think it was a good idea to risk further injury to the area. Simple concept upon which tons of bandwidth has been wasted.

Does a person have to have personal history with an injury to earn the right to cast an opinion about it around here? I'm a broken record because posts like yours - and dozens like it - are clueless to what IMFO (in my fucking opinion) I felt was the right thing to do.
    to make an INFORMED opinion- yes it helps greatly. You read a few snippets and convinced yourself it was just "common sense" that everyone should see the same as you that since he needed surgery at some point that automatically meant he was risking further injury by playing again this year. Then you'd just double down when others with actual experience would counter with examples of NOT incurring further damage without shutting everything down and having surgery right away. Its the condescending tone of knowing better, when clearly you don't, that aggravates.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      to make an INFORMED opinion- yes it helps greatly. You read a few snippets and convinced yourself it was just "common sense" that everyone should see the same as you that since he needed surgery at some point that automatically meant he was risking further injury by playing again this year. Then you'd just double down when others with actual experience would counter with examples of NOT incurring further damage without shutting everything down and having surgery right away. Its the condescending tone of knowing better, when clearly you don't, that aggravates.
      Not trying to be condescending, just careful with a young kid who I really like as a player and, to be fair, in a season when I don't think we have a chance of making much noise.

But do I really have to have torn up my shoulder just so I can formulate "an INFORMED opinion". Since when are "informed opinions" the norm around here? . That's almost an oxymoron on this board.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

He's on IR. Just drop it.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Not trying to be condescending, just careful with a young kid who I really like as a player and, to be fair, in a season when I don't think we have a chance of making much noise.

But do I really have to have torn up my shoulder just so I can formulate "an INFORMED opinion". Since when are "informed opinions" the norm around here? . That's almost an OXYMORON on this board.
          Hey watch the namecalling!
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

But do I really have to have torn up my shoulder just so I can formulate "an INFORMED opinion". Since when are "informed opinions" the norm around here? . That's almost an oxymoron on this board.
            What? This isn't all factual?
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              This unrelated injury to the left shoulder was more significant, involving a tear to the posterior, anterior and inferior labrum.
              I'm glad we finally got some clarification about the extent of the injury.
              Adipose

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

it would be nice if they actually told us something about Ingram's hip injury too.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  it would be nice if they actually told us something about Ingram's hip injury too.
                  HIPAA is one of the reasons why the team doesn't go into detail about injuries, other than than for competitive reasons. If Ingram wants to tell us about his injuries, that's his call, but the doctors and team can get sued for privacy reasons. Me personally, I only care if the player can perform where he can be useful, and if he isn't there, then he shouldn't play...the severity only means something for a projected return, and from this team, they have been overly optimistic on return times.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    HIPAA is one of the reasons why the team doesn't go into detail about injuries, other than than for competitive reasons. If Ingram wants to tell us about his injuries, that's his call, but the doctors and team can get sued for privacy reasons. Me personally, I only care if the player can perform where he can be useful, and if he isn't there, then he shouldn't play...the severity only means something for a projected return, and from this team, they have been overly optimistic on return times.
                    As someone who has had to do a lot of work with HIPPA compliance in software, I don't see how teams detailing injuries falls under it at all.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      As someone who has had to do a lot of work with HIPPA compliance in software, I don't see how teams detailing injuries falls under it at all.
                      Please explain. I thought HIPAA involved laws surrounding patient privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        Please explain. I thought HIPAA involved laws surrounding patient privacy.
                        It does, but it's solely tied to the relationship between the patient and the healthcare provider. I can go around all day long and tell people about my mom's medical issues without getting in trouble with HIPAA.
                        Her doctor can't.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                          It does, but it's solely tied to the relationship between the patient and the healthcare provider. I can go around all day long and tell people about my mom's medical issues without getting in trouble with HIPAA.
                          Her doctor can't.
                          Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X