X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    If the game is anything like this thread, it will be a long close low scoring game with a ton of penalties...
    My head hurts.

Comment

• I tried to trade for Rivers in FF but it fell through. Turns out that was a good thing in the short term but I fully recall what he's capable of doing.

Comment

• ADVICE:

Off subject here but I can't decide on who to start in FF this week:

Orton - Bills vs Jets - in Detroit after snowpocalypse. I'm worried that they didn't practice and may be emotionally worn out. He destroyed the Jets last they met though (4TDs 400 yards I think) and it's in a dome. Orton is also nursing a hurt toe.

Wilson - Hawks vs Cards - Cards have been on fire but everytime I bench Wilson he goes off especially with the run yards. This is just about a must win for the Hawks.

McCown - Bucs vs Bears - He was my 1st pick because they are really building a nice passing game and Bears suck BUT it's supposed to be wet and 20 MPH winds.

Who would you go with?

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Thats a tough call. I think Wilson has a great game in him this week. But i get this feeling that McCown is going to go off against the Bears. The game is in Chicago with a 50% chance of rain so keep an eye on the elements. I like what Wilson does with his legs to compensate for lack of a pass game. But the thought of both Evans and VJax makes McCown a potential really good start.

Really tough call. Wilson needs to make a lot of things happen for his team as they are desperate. But McCown against the worst d in the league? Could be a big day for him. They have no running game. So he has to throw the ball.

Seattle/Zona dosnt feel like a high scoring game. TB/Chi feels like a shootout if the weather is good. The McCown we are seeing with Evans and VJ looks like the same McCown we saw with Marshall and Jeffrey last year.

Comment

• Yeah, we are of the same opinion. McCown was my for sure start but they are saying heavy rain, up to an inch, and 10-20 MPH winds. That's got me worried. I'm leaning Orton because of Watkins and it's a dome game and he destroyed the Jets just a few weeks ago but that toe has me worried there.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RamzFanz View Post
              Yeah, we are of the same opinion. McCown was my for sure start but they are saying heavy rain, up to an inch, and 10-20 MPH winds. That's got me worried. I'm leaning Orton because of Watkins and it's a dome game and he destroyed the Jets just a few weeks ago but that toe has me worried there.
              He looks like hes coming back down to earth. And its hard to dominate an NFL team in a 2nd game against them. Having Fred Jackson back in the passing game is huge. Im probably rolling with Wilson if the weather in Chicago is brutal.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                Hilarious! It's obvious that you didn't read my posts--exactly as you said. I made several of the same points that you made.

One thing I disagree with is your analysis of our running game and how getting to 3rd and 5 is somehow different than 3rd and longer (say 8 or 9). I think 3rd and 2 or more is a passing situation for us, but that we will be able to move the ball anyway.
                Of course I didn't read your posts. They're too fucking long and tedious. I didn't read the Rams fan's responses either, for the same reason.

3rd-and-5 absolutely is different than 3rd-and-8/9. Has nothing to do with whether it's a passing or running down. It's about the playcalling options available. The Chargers are all about getting into manageable down and distance, and 3rd-and-5 or shorter is manageable. There are a lot more options at that down and distance, meaning there is a lot more the defense has to take into account. At 3rd-and-long, the options are reduced, and the defense knows this and can safely ignore possibilities that they would have to account for on 3rd-and-manageable. And when the defense has to try to defend more things, there's no one better in the league than Rivers at finding where the defense's weak point is and exploiting it.
                Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                  If that is what you have understood me to be saying in my posts, then you have misunderstood a great deal.
                  I haven't misunderstood a thing, simply because I haven't bothered reading the really long posts. Fwiw, in the past few weeks I have found myself agreeing with you more and more, including in some of your shorter responses to the Rams fan. (It's a really weird sensation.) And yes, I have employed a bit of hyperbole in representing your positions, but it's not so far off the mark that it doesn't convey the gist. Anyway, don't be so sensitive about it. You shouldn't be posting to gain my approval or anyone else's.
                  Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                    I haven't misunderstood a thing, simply because I haven't bothered reading the really long posts. Fwiw, in the past few weeks I have found myself agreeing with you more and more, including in some of your shorter responses to the Rams fan. (It's a really weird sensation.) And yes, I have employed a bit of hyperbole in representing your positions, but it's not so far off the mark that it doesn't convey the gist. Anyway, don't be so sensitive about it. You shouldn't be posting to gain my approval or anyone else's.
                    The only reason I post is to gain Panama's approval.

Rams down. Chargers up.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      I think Yuba has found his Soul Mate.
                      or foil...
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        The only reason I post is to gain Panama's approval.

Rams down. Chargers up.
                        time to go RAMBO on this Lambos!

:salma:
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                          This is true. The small difference - and I mean no disrespect to Yuba who, by all accounts, is a decent fellow - is that I REALLY don't know shit about football, and just love to come in here and mix things up with my fellow Bolt fans (most of whom are tired of my schtick and want to see me die).
                          Nobody wants to see you die. We want you to turn to the Chargers side. Let the Raider hate flow through you. It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X