• Show
Clear All
  • Sec-E4
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2014
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

I freggin Love it !!!!!

I checked out the Rams forum (ramsondemand) and theyre all blaming the Refs for their Loss !!!! LoLoLoLoLoLoL
    Get real Rams fans....Hahahaahaha

Chargers24/7 Baby

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
      I freggin Love it !!!!!

I checked out the Rams forum (ramsondemand) and theyre all blaming the Refs for their Loss !!!! LoLoLoLoLoLoL
      Get real Rams fans....Hahahaahaha

Chargers24/7 Baby

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Okay, I can't believe that Rams fans are bitching about the refs. First, we should have won that game by more than 20. We gave up a 30 yard PI play; a fake punt in an obvious fake punt situation against a team notorious for running fake punts when a punt return didn't matter at all; our only pick 6 of the year when we were getting ready to go in for a TD; a fumble when we were going in to score again; and a muffed punt just to name a few things. I did not think it was possible for us to make so many idiotic blunders against a team with such an average defense and bad offense. It was a pathetic effort by us against a team that I thought only was only better than NYJ and JAC among the teams played by us this year. I definitely think Oakland is more talented than the Rams are.

I think we had a worse result against Miami, but Miami played well also, so they deserve some credit. But we did absolutely everything in our power to give the game away and the Rams refused to take it.

If I never see Keenan Allen back on a punt return again for us, it will be too soon. I have never seen such consistently poor decision making on the part of a punt returner. He runs away from balls he should field and he runs toward balls he should be nowhere near and repeatedly gets himself into dicey situations that are an eyelash away from turning into a disaster for us among those that he actually has turned into a disaster for us. And he does not have a great relationship with the words "ball security".

And I love how Rams fans think they got screwed on the final possession when they missed the spot on the penalty they called against the Rams on the punt by more than 30 yards if they were attempting to play the ball where the alleged penalty occurred. And I guess it was the refs that caused the INT by Gilchrist against Hill.

Rams fans should be thanking their lucky stars that they got a "cosmetically acceptable loss". This one should have been a blowout for us. To say the least, struggling against such a lesser opponent is no way to play going into our final 5 games, all of which are against teams that are legitimate playoff contenders unlike the Rams.
        Last edited by Yubaking; 11-24-2014, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
          I did not think it was possible for us to make so many idiotic blunders against a team with such an average defense and bad offense.
          How long have you been a fan?
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
            I did not think it was possible for us to make so many idiotic blunders against a team with such an average defense and bad offense.
            Originally posted by Panama View Post
            How long have you been a fan?
            I mean, not only is it possible, during my lifetime the Chargers have made an art form out of this.
            Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              If the game is anything like this thread, it will be a long close low scoring game with a ton of penalties...
              Damn! You nailed that one Stinky! Shoud've posted this in the FPT!
              sigpic

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                I mean, not only is it possible, during my lifetime the Chargers have made an art form out of this.
                Historically speaking, of course I understand and agree that we have made finding ways to lose games an art form over the years, but one of the positive things about our team under McCoy is that the offense and special teams have not made a huge number mistakes most of the time, especially against such vanilla opposition. Under the new system, we do limit some of our potential explosiveness, but the reward is supposed to be that we usually avoid giving up potentially game changing big mistakes like the ones we made yesterday.

If anything, when I predicted a two TD margin for us, I thought the Rams were actually better than they showed in the game against us. For most of the game, their supposedly great pass rush was a total non-factor. For all the crowing Rams fans did over here, their pass rush was very average. It certainly was not as good as some of the other pass rushes we have seen this year (BUF, DEN, MIA and KC come to mind right away), not even close in fact. And their offense was actually more anemic and more mistake prone than I thought it was.

But even after the lame 99 yard pick 6 we absolutely gave the Rams, we still had the game in line to be a blowout until the Keenan Allen show, I mean Keenan Allen blow, came to town. The dude was pretty much the MVP for the Rams yesterday, turning a win going away into a near loss.

And how do we not have the fake punt covered against a team that has tried multiple fake punts this year that was in a fake punt situation in a game situation in which we did not need to have a punt return at all? We just needed to get possession after we had won on defense. I would not have cared if we had no return man back on that play. In fact, the way Allen played, it might have been better for us in general to have played the whole game with no return man.

We can't have so many stupid and unforced mistakes. With that many big, big mistakes, we would have lost to any good or even average team yesterday. We won't survive that number of mind numbingly stupid/bad mistakes against any of our remaining opponents, who are all way better than the Rams. We need to tighten things up all around.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Allen's muffed return was absolutely 100% Davis fault. There is no other way to spin that.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                    Allen's muffed return was absolutely 100% Davis fault. There is no other way to spin that.
                    Amen.

I was pleasantly surprised the Chargers won yesterday.

They shot themselves in the foot enough times to lose, but they kept making plays.

They could do some things. Especially if Mathews is back. Any word on his Shoulder today?
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Wheels
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • San Diego
                      • Send PM

Agreed coach. But it also felt like this game wouldn't have even been close without a few of those mistakes. That 99 yard int TD was pretty much the only thing that kept the Rams in it.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

our coverage teams had some problems yesterday too with allowing big returns.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                          Agreed coach. But it also felt like this game wouldn't have even been close without a few of those mistakes. That 99 yard int TD was pretty much the only thing that kept the Rams in it.
                          We were on the verge of turning it into a blowout a couple of times. The pick 6, the fumbled punt after we went up by 10 and held them to a 3 and out, the fake punt. All huge swings, but we weathered the storm - barely. But good teams seem to find ways to win games like this, so let's see how it unfolds.

Comment

Working...
                          X