Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
    You keep using that word "mulligan." I'm not sure you know what it means. At any rate, AZ is/was far from a gimmee, no matter what OIP says.
    Mulligan: an extra stroke allowed after a poor shot, not counted on the scorecard.

I thought I was using it at least in some context. Meaning, we had 2-3 games this year that we could have afforded to lose (the analogy of a bad shot in golf that you are allowed to 'do over'), and we squandered all of those early.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I can only speak for myself, but I thought we'd be 7-3 at this point instead of 6-4, so it's not like the season has been vastly different than I expected.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Arizona we can afford to not have one. If we beat KC and Denver in round two plus wins vs NE and Baltimore we can afford to lose to the Rams... So far no mulligans necessary.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• SFW
          PB Official Game Thread Starter
          • Jul 2013
          • NY
          • USMC
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
          maybe 'muligan' is a bad choice of words. But before the season started how many of those games did you have circled as wins when you predicting the Chargers overall record? The KC loss at home really hurt.
          So we should judge teams by what we thought they would be and not by what they are?
          1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
          2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
          3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
          4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
          5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
          6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
          7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Okay, I get that we did not light up the scoreboard yesterday, but we are at home against the 4-6 Rams who have yielded more than 30 points on 6 different occasions, losing all 6. They gave up more points in those 6 games than we have all year long in 10 games. They yield the highest completion percentage against them of any team in the league at 68.6% despite playing a bunch of games against teams with QBs that do not complete a high percentage of their passes. Their run defense is statistically similar to ours.

They do not run or pass the ball particularly well.

IMO, we need to short pass and run these guys into the ground and get off the field on what should be the numerous third downs with which they will be faced. We might just score 30+ points before it is all said and done.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              Is this the game Rivers is carted off?
              YES.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                Okay, I get that we did not light up the scoreboard yesterday, but we are at home against the 4-6 Rams who have yielded more than 30 points on 6 different occasions, losing all 6. They gave up more points in those 6 games than we have all year long in 10 games. They yield the highest completion percentage against them of any team in the league at 68.6% despite playing a bunch of games against teams with QBs that do not complete a high percentage of their passes. Their run defense is statistically similar to ours.

They do not run or pass the ball particularly well.

IMO, we need to short pass and run these guys into the ground and get off the field on what should be the numerous third downs with which they will be faced. We might just score 30+ points before it is all said and done.
                So we get Whisenhunt back for this game, yeah?
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  So we get Whisenhunt back for this game, yeah?
                  Only if he comes with CBJ. Clemens isn't as good at growing beards.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    Another must-win game. And what looked like a semi-gimme game 3 weeks ago is now looking like anything but. The message is really the same: No room for error. We exhausted our 2 (possibly) 3 mulligans already (AZ, KC, MI). Finding 4 wins out of our next 6 is going to take something akin to Divine Intervention, it would appear.
                    I can't help but picture you wearing a sorcerer's hat when you post that, lol.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I can only speak for myself, but I thought we'd be 7-3 at this point instead of 6-4, so it's not like the season has been vastly different than I expected.
                      Was thinking 8-2, but also helps both Denver and KC are only a game ahead. Lots of football left.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Was thinking 8-2, but also helps both Denver and KC are only a game ahead. Lots of football left.
                        Yes, and all 3 of us some difficult games left

KC plays @Oakland, Denver, @Arizona, Oakland, @Pittsburgh, San Diego
                        Denver plays Miami, @KC, Buffalo, @SD, @Cincinnati, Oakland
                        SD plays St Louis, @Baltimore, New England, Denver, @SF, @KC

While our schedule is harder, there are definitely some games that both KC and the Broncos can lose and we all play each other still.

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

I think people are making more out of the schedule than it really is. New England is on fire right now and that seems like the most difficult one there but the rest of the games are all winnable IMO. The Ravens, 49ers and Broncos all don't look sharp right now. @KC will be super tough but it's a division game and anything can happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X