POLL: What Is The Bolts' Main Problem? (+ Post - Week 3 Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    vote turnovers and play calling

Still cant get my head around that double reverse with both Allen and MWill in the backfield.
    Yep...calling a gadget play not a good idea, especially with Panther pursuit being effective most of the game...I called for simplifying the plays with the rook in there...less is more...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Didn't select any one answer...take away the multitiude of injuries, we probably win easily. Take away the sloppy play, we win easily. Take away the turnovers, most of which were attributed to the previous 2 reasons, we win.

I do think Lynn is not a great situational football coach yet...clock management at the end may also have cost us the game.

Watching redzone yesterday, but what snippets I did see...uncharacteristic drops from Henry and KA...

Perfect storm of shit...typical Charger loss.

All I know is Herbert still seems to be the real deal...making fewer mistakes, and more great plays, than I would have hoped for.

Still sucks hard to lose like that...to a team like that...but let's see if we can't eke out a win we didn't think we would get this early, against the Saints or Bucs...season ain't over yet.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The only pass rushers we have are Bosa, Tillery, and Ingram. Nwosu is a capable pass rusher, but I'm afraid he's regressed from his rookie season. After these, you got nothing. This team was 28th in the league in sacks last year for a reason. Most of the sacks came from the big two. You need depth, and the saying that you cannot have enough pass rushers is not a myth. When it comes to D-line, you need depth. Because the players at the positions on D-line tire out the most, and the players sub in and out the most on defense. They sub in between just like with running backs.

This is a defense that Gus has constructed. He is to blame for the defense. He has a say in the talent that is fielded, whether from the draft or free agency. The team needs a corner who can do the job on the other team's best receivers. They could also use good cover linebackers. Bradley's input in talent is just as much to blame as his gameplans or strategies. His problem is the overall talent that he brings in and builds. He doesn't have the right players to work certain spots for the defense he is running. He's been bad when it comes to depth. Gus' problem is that he is complacent. He and Lynn. Another thing, in his time with the team, Bradley's teams have always been sloppy at tackling. One factor to consider letting him go.

Did Rivers throw an INT in that game? He got them points when needed.

This team is still making the same mistakes that people have said about Rivers when he was with the Chargers.

Speaking of defense, our defense was supposed to be top 5 according to some people. They're nowhere near being a top 5 defense. People still think that even with DJ out for the season, that this team would have a top notch defense. That's proving to be wrong. I still see a defense that relies too much on the big names. I still see a defense that has troubles in many areas.

I hope you're kidding.

We barely put up a fight against a Panthers team that was missing their better players and with a QB who has bounced around. We're going to play two teams with HOF QBs these next two games. We lose these next two games, this team is done. They aren't coming back from that mess, especially considering how the coaching staff is. Lynn continuing the losing, he's gone.

I wouldn't say we barely put up a fight....we put up a pretty good fight, considering the injuries...we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers.

Get healthy, clean up the play, we are a competitive football team. We showed that last week.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Total Bullshit! We have no idea how bad or good Tyrod would have played today. Given how bad the defense played most of the day this is not correct. Plus add in absolutely abysmal offensive protection and Tyrod would have been knocked out for the season. The rest of the team needs to show up...
          Clearly you watch a different game than I did.

4 turnovers to zero. And a tickytack penalty that turned a fg into a TD. And the total given up by D was 21pts.

There protection was not awful, as in giving the QB no time every drop back. They were good enough.

Tyrod is very consistent game manager. He understands the playbook and protection and audibles better than the rookie does. So in my opinion he would have directed the team better than the rookie did. But can't play him until he is 100%

We all have opinions.
          It is okay if you disagree with my pinched off loaf of gold! I disagree with your giant load of...
          :stirringshit:

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• AFboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2018
            • Balboa Park bench
            • Medical Simulation
            • Send PM

I think Lynn is a good coach, he's just not a good "gameday" coach.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So is the rest of the league. Niners? Ravished by injuries. They won yesterday. Can't use that as an excuse every season, we aren't hit the worst with injuries.
              True. No excuses. Other games are high scoring, close and feature young veteran QBs. That's not us at this moment. They also come down to the wire. Herbert is getting us close and having a shot at the end.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

The head coach. As said above - he is a good coach but not a good game day coach

I go back to last week against KC - they were leader 17-9 - and about 1:15 on the clock... they were running plays with a lot of time on the clock. easily could have used more clock, run it and let the clock expire. instead they run a player faster they should which mean they needed to run another player before the clock ran out and that was the play Herbert had the brain fart on

yesterday, Lynn - terrible challenge

How does George Stewart still have a job - on that FG - tell your guys - let them kick the damn FG - - don't do anything stupid. how about having a guy line people up so there are no penalties

the hurry up offense down 11 - that wasn't hurry up. i get the need is to score but how about some urgency

I have seen enough of Anthony Lynn to know he is a good man, good leader but on game days - he sucks

Why is Joey Bosa still jumping offsides? Come on - coach his a** to not do that

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Clearly you watch a different game than I did.

4 turnovers to zero. And a tickytack penalty that turned a fg into a TD. And the total given up by D was 21pts.

There protection was not awful, as in giving the QB no time every drop back. They were good enough.

Tyrod is very consistent game manager. He understands the playbook and protection and audibles better than the rookie does. So in my opinion he would have directed the team better than the rookie did. But can't play him until he is 100%

We all have opinions.
                  It is okay if you disagree with my pinched off loaf of gold! I disagree with your giant load of...
                  :stirringshit:
                  I agree about the turnovers. But that is why Tyrod would be starting. He might have better pocket awareness on the one turnover and he might not have forced the second

I get the penalty on the FG - terrible
                  the Kelly fumble, terrible
                  I still am not sure why they overturned the punt

But there is a reason I wanted Taylor starting yesterday

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                    I think Lynn is a good coach, he's just not a good "gameday" coach.
                    That's like saying "the Titanic is a good ship...as long as it doesn't hit an iceberg..."

Comment

• Biggestfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      [/B][/I][/U]

I wouldn't say we barely put up a fight....we put up a pretty good fight, considering the injuries...we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers.

Get healthy, clean up the play, we are a competitive football team. We showed that last week.
                      When a team continues to make the same mistakes that's on coaching

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That's like saying "the Titanic is a good ship...as long as it doesn't hit an iceberg..."
                        I advocated of the hiring of Jim Caldwell as Asst HC and QB Coach to help Steichen. Not sure if Pep H is doing his job

I mean, that end around at that time of the guy was pure panic. The team had really not developed an offensive rhythm - had just just cross midfield and they pull that stunt play. A loss of 18 yards. Norv, McCoy, Lynn -- how many years have we seen a struggling offense moving the ball a bit and they call something like that and lose yards. Too damn many

You can take the Spanii out of San Diego but you cannot take the Spanii out of the Chargers.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Los Angeles
                          • Send PM

At what point to we invest in Offensive Line? Lynn is a stern coach to players but just doesnt have enough football IQ. Would like to see David Shaw as our coach if were going to get a new one.

Comment

Working...
                          X