Chargers 7 Point Underdog to Bucs (Wk 4 Pre-Game Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biggestfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I feel we will win each game then comes Sunday and we actually play.

We do match up well against Arians vertical scheme offensive.
    Historically Arians teams almost always outplay the Chargers. See Arians as coordinator in Pittsburgh and as head coach in Arizona

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

have been on the David Shaw bandwagon for awhile now, albeit post KC was along for the ride w/AL as our Belichick (in Cleveland), and that JH10 may have the makings of AR meets Tom Brady.

post Panthers, am back to my David Shaw leanings, and also still think that the game has changed and that drafting Trey Lance would not be all bad, and despite how good Herbert might portend ??

my suspicion is that our DFO brought in Lynn, and that Herbert is primarily a Telesco guy, and wondering where truth and consequence might collide there, and for if and when it may come time ??

Lynn strikes me as a solid, but truth be told, eye just like Shaw better, and for if and when his contract w/Stanford expires, I would be first in line if I was team Tommy John.

don't like Lynn's personnel leanings, and not sure his penchant for the run/safety first passing, is a pennant winning formula.

am also quite wary of his selection of Stewart, Stich and maybe even Pep ??

he let go of the Whiz, he ran Philip outta town, and he has gotten a pass from team Tommy John going into season four.... is there another fall guy in the fold for him come year 5 and thereafter ??

there is also a bigger pic, and respect the man for holding his ground/making his peace, and.... the river keeps running thru it, and in this case that meant losing Tyrod and having to start your rookie hoped for phenom @the eleventh hour.

so far so good, save for the win column.... does Lynn survive the wreckage, or is time to start over w/our new franchise QB ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Biggestfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        have been on the David Shaw bandwagon for awhile now, albeit post KC was along for the ride w/AL as our Belichick (in Cleveland), and that JH10 may have the makings of AR meets Tom Brady.

post Panthers, am back to my David Shaw leanings, and also still think that the game has changed and that drafting Trey Lance would not be all bad, and despite how good Herbert might portend ??

my suspicion is that our DFO brought in Lynn, and that Herbert is primarily a Telesco guy, and wondering where truth and consequence might collide there, and for if and when it may come time ??

Lynn strikes me as a solid, but truth be told, eye just like Shaw better, and for if and when his contract w/Stanford expires, I would be first in line if I was team Tommy John.

don't like Lynn's personnel leanings, and not sure his penchant for the run/safety first passing, is a pennant winning formula.

am also quite wary of his selection of Stewart, Stich and maybe even Pep ??

he let go of the Whiz, he ran Philip outta town, and he has gotten a pass from team Tommy John going into season four.... is there another fall guy in the fold for him come year 5 and thereafter ??

there is also a bigger pic, and respect the man for holding his ground/making his peace, and.... the river keeps running thru it, and in this case that meant losing Tyrod and having to start your rookie hoped for phenom @the eleventh hour.

so far so good, save for the win column.... does Lynn survive the wreckage, or is time to start over w/our new franchise QB ??
        Lynn is just another position coach who's in over his head.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

Lynn is just another position coach who's in over his head.
          not sure that's the case, and not sure he wouldn't be a relatively hot commodity on the market, and wouldn't flourish in Jax ??

and do think the Chargers' mantra is to do the right thing by their HC, and they will give him every opportunity to right the ship, and perhaps given that we aren't really even off course ??

that said, have stated my preference for Shaw, and despite the level of competency exhibited by our HC.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

not sure that's the case, and not sure he wouldn't be a relatively hot commodity on the market, and wouldn't flourish in Jax ??

and do think the Chargers' mantra is to do the right thing by their HC, and they will give him every opportunity to right the ship, and perhaps given that we aren't really even off course ??

that said, have stated my preference for Shaw, and despite the level of competency exhibited by our HC.
            We are 6-12 in Lynn's last 18 games as our HC. I'm not sure any front office could look at that and not question if we are on course or not.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              We win if we win the turnover battle. And if Arians is determined to be aggressive and go as vertical as possible.
              The only problem is to win the turn over battle the D needs to take the ball away. Cant win it without it. This D does not like to create turn overs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

I'd be fine with Shaw. Lynn has to win or go.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We are 6-12 in Lynn's last 18 games as our HC. I'm not sure any front office could look at that and not question if we are on course or not.
                  being the HC is like being the QB.... fair or not they laud you or boo you.

there is no doubt in my mind that "his" slide was started by the absence of Okung and Pouncey and has been further exacerbated by the Bulaga and Turner no shows of late.

our woes start and end on the Oline, and that's on team Tommy John, not our HC (unless that's him pounding the table for Murray and Williams in the stead of Olinemen ?)

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The only problem is to win the turn over battle the D needs to take the ball away. Cant win it without it. This D does not like to create turn overs.
                    This D needs to capitalize on the opportunities that are given to it even if it doesn’t have as many. Likewise the O needs to stop giving it up to the opposing defense.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

We have to play a perfect game to have any chance of winning, the O-line is a mess with all the injuries, Bosa no partner in crime with Ingram out so he gets doubled more frequently, Mike Williams is MIA and goes through his normal injuries early in the season. Coaching keeps the other teams in the games even if we have things going good, they have away of getting ultra conservative or extra dumb.

To win we need to be running the ball, and that isn't a knock against Herbert it is the oline, and the OC play calling and basically only having three throwing options Allen, Hunter, Eckler, Mike Williams is on a milk cartoon some where. Defense can keep us in the game which is the problem because if it comes down to a Tom Brady last minute drive and our shrinking bend but don't bend DC Bradley you may else will just assume Brady gets the winning score, trust Bradley to do what he always do. We have to be perfect ZERO Turnovers, less than 5 penalties, and get at least 2 turnovers from the Bucs Sunday to win or else we are looking at 1-3 and Coach Lynn and his bullshit " Tyrod is healthy now and he is our guy and he will be starting"

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I agree that our D is not holding up their end in producing turnovers.
                        The other part of the equation is that our offense must stop turning it over.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I agree that our D is not holding up their end in producing turnovers.
                          The other part of the equation is that our offense must stop turning it over.
                          True however the defense getting zero turnovers sure does magnify things when the offense turns it over. Can’t expect them to be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                          X