X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
    Anyone revising their expectations this year for the worse? Maybe 6-10? I don't see how it won't happen. Even before the season started and Ekeler was paid for and expected to be an effective #e1 RB, did anyone buy that? No. Kelly was taken late in the draft. Let's see in the Chargers next season suddenly decide Ekeler was never meant to be a cowbell starting RB, but signed him to be so anyways. Brilliant! Business as usual. What a freakng stupid waste of talent due to salary.

Ekeler, you gotten paid good, now you the man. You will produce.
    No, I originally had the team as worse than 6-10 on paper, but I bumped us up to 6-10 because there were more opportunities for unexpected wins than an unexpected losses.

With Herbert at QB and a healthy team, I think there is a chance that we could be a playoff contender this season.

If we lose this week and Taylor is reinstalled as the starting QB after this week's game, the game against the Jets (week 6) could well decide who gets the #1 overall pick in the 2021. With Taylor at QB, I would have us as an underdog against every remaining opponent on our schedule except the Jets. Against the winless Jets at home, I would make us a very small favorite.

With Herbert at QB, I think we would be likely to finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Tevi is playing solid?
      Indeed he is. Have you watched? Sam has done a solid job so far @ OLT.
      0 sacks allowed and 1 holding penalty.
      Sam has been a roadgrader in the run game.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

4-2. Sweep the Broncos. Beat the Raiders at Sofi. Win one of the road games v the Raiders and Chiefs.
        If we beat the Broncos that would be an improvement from last year getting swept by the whole AFC west.
        If we can beat the Raider we're legit.
        If we can beat KC and not make the playoffs then somethings really wrong with coaching.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

6-10 or worse is in play if we go back to Tyrod as the starter and we don't get healthy on the O-line, and we get Ingram, Harris and Jones back on Defense
          8-8 if we stay with Herbert as the starter and we don't get healthy on the O-line, and we get Ingram, Harris and Jones back on Defense
          10-6 if we stay with Herbert as the starter and we get healthy on the O-line, and we get Ingram, Harris and Jones back on Defense

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

No, I originally had the team as worse than 6-10 on paper, but I bumped us up to 6-10 because there were more opportunities for unexpected wins than an unexpected losses.

With Herbert at QB and a healthy team, I think there is a chance that we could be a playoff contender this season.

If we lose this week and Taylor is reinstalled as the starting QB after this week's game, the game against the Jets (week 6) could well decide who gets the #1 overall pick in the 2021. With Taylor at QB, I would have us as an underdog against every remaining opponent on our schedule except the Jets. Against the winless Jets at home, I would make us a very small favorite.

With Herbert at QB, I think we would be likely to finish anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.
            Tyrod only works with a top 10 defense. If other teams take advantage of our weakened defense Tyrod's deficiencies will be become readily apparent.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

6-10 lol! We only won one game. Hopefully we can get to 6 wins.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Suck for Sewell.
                I doubt we need to try

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Tyrod only works with a top 10 defense. If other teams take advantage of our weakened defense Tyrod's deficiencies will be become readily apparent.
                  Taylor's deficiencies were apparent to anyone who has ever watched him play one game in his career.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Ravens type take right? Jackson not built to play from behind was the same argument Steve Young made.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

6 wins exceeds my preseason expectations. I think too many fans around here have been drinking the coolaid.

I will say the scoring defense has exceeded my expectations although I still think they have to much talent on D to play that soft.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I doubt we need to try
                        https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2021/consensus-mock-draft-2021

in the top five eye like Trey Lance as well as Sewell.... if we miss on the both of 'em, would consider trading down w/someone like Jax for the likes of a Trey Smith and/or Tyler Shelvin.

like Dylan Moses but would knock him down @least a round as an injury concern, and not sure that LaBryan Ray is a round one value/talent ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Just another thought on the D. If you never play to force the 3 and out, you're never practiced enough to get one when you really need one.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X