• Show
Clear All
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Ok I'll ask the question (Patriots)

Do you think we can beat this team?

Forget the old cliche "on any given sunday".

I don't see this game as very winnable. We would have to play a perfect game on sunday night.

Here's the problems that I see.

1. Defense. Offenses have been able to gash us at times this year. The Patriots have been putting up 40+ points a lot. I do not like this matchup at all. IMO We will have to see more Attaochu than Johnson or Freeney. If Brady has the time Flacco had we're dead... It's time for Ingram and Chew to come to the party.

2. Patriots have arguably the best CB tandem in the league. They very well may be able to take our strength away from us.

3. I think this game is VERY winnable... On the ground. Is our offense ready or able to win a game on the ground? Could the ground game actually carry the load for us one time? This is our best option IMO.

4. Who will Revis be locked up on? MF or KA? Just like with Flowers they are going to have the luxury of taking a weapon away for most of the game.

Thoughts?
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged up View Post
    Do you think we can beat this team?

Forget the old cliche "on any given sunday".

I don't see this game as very winnable. We would have to play a perfect game on sunday night.

Here's the problems that I see.

1. Defense. Offenses have been able to gash us at times this year. The Patriots have been putting up 40+ points a lot. I do not like this matchup at all. IMO We will have to see more Attaochu than Johnson or Freeney. If Brady has the time Flacco had we're dead... It's time for Ingram and Chew to come to the party.

2. Patriots have arguably the best CB tandem in the league. They very well may be able to take our strength away from us.

3. I think this game is VERY winnable... On the ground. Is our offense ready or able to win a game on the ground? Could the ground game actually carry the load for us one time? This is our best option IMO.

4. Who will Revis be locked up on? MF or KA? Just like with Flowers they are going to have the luxury of taking a weapon away for most of the game.

Thoughts?
    Who went and annointed the Patriots champs? Remember earlier in the season everyone was saying they're done, the dynasty is over? And they didn't look so good this past weekend! We've got them in our house, and they're due a little payback. And after the next two wins, we'll have the inside track on the top seed.
    Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Patriots are beatable.

Comment

• Boltergeist
        Pesky apparition
        • Jun 2013
        • Baja Oklahoma
        • Send PM

I don't think they are anywhere near invincible. I've watched the Packers a lot this year. They do not have a great defense and they held Tom Terrific and company to 21 points. We are ahead of the Packers in scoring defense, pass defense, and total defense. I'm not saying we will do the same thing the Pack did, but it is not out of the question.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I think this is the toughest game on our schedule. I think we can win. But if we do my mind will be truly blown.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            I think this is the toughest game on our schedule. I think we can win. But if we do my
            mind will be truly blown.
            Toughest team on our schedule was the Seahawks.

Comment

• Boltimore
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Naples, FL
              • Retired
              • Send PM

I think we have at least a 40% chance. Throwing away all of the matchup analysis, we're an 8-4 team playing at home against a 9-3 team.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Is this the first time McCoy has matched up vs Belicheat as a HC? That could be to McCoy's advantage. We need to get out in front early of stay within 7 points to have a chance at the end. Last guy with the ball ect. How's the Pats run defense cause Matthews could be key to keeping Brady's but planted on the bench!
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

8-4 team, home underdog. Hell ya, there is a chance. At least as good a chance as beating the last road favorite to visit. And the Seahawks were coming off a 10-day rest and beatdown of the Packers. Why not?

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Patriots are 3-3 on the road. Hell yes we have a chance. They are not the same team on the road.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                      Toughest team on our schedule was the Seahawks.
                      I think the Pats would beat the Seahawks. So i disagree.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Both teams see themselves as 0/0.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X