• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

I voted Colts. Rivers produces but makes inexplicable decisions at times. Any team he's on has to get acquainted with that. Not dissing Rivers, but anyone remember hot headed Rivers disputing a decision with the refs while precious seconds ran off the clock? Rivers practically lost that game single handedly disputing the refs call. Any team with Rivers gets two Rivers. The one that produces and the one that perplexes.
    Last edited by Caslon; 10-14-2020, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
      First, I have very little faith in our defense and Gus Bradley.

Second, Justin Herbert is a rookie and this entire season should be all about building him up and making him even better than what he has already shown(which is already as promising as can be).

I could care less about wins and losses at the moment, it's all about seeing the progress and growth of JH and building up the tools around him.

Let the colts have a mediocre season and even make the playoffs because we know once they are there, they aren't going anywhere with PR at the helm. Been there, done that.

Lastly, patience is a virtue. Let's not forget that many Hall of Fame QB's started out their rookie seasons with terrible records. I believe Troy Aikman went 0-11 as a starter his rookie campaign.

All the above being said, if JH and the team somehow do pull off a winning record or make the playoffs, that will simply be icing on the cake.
      if you’re interested in JHs progress and growth
      imagine getting him some playoff experience this year
      and a wild card exit would help him get a feel for playoff speed
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• bartman83642
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

What if they end up with the same record? Would there still be crow?

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

My heart says Chargers but logic says Indy but this could be close.

Indy is already 2 games up but Indy looks to have the tougher schedule with Titans (2), Ravens, Green Bay, @Raiders, and @Steeler
          Chargers tough games Raiders(2), Patriot (?) @ Bills and KC - should be able to split with Raiders, and the Patriots don't look imposing but Belichek>Lynn

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
            What if they end up with the same record? Would there still be crow?
            Yes.
            Colts have a 2 game lead with 11 game to go.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, I was thinking about the possibility too. It would be interesting. It would give our secondary a golden opportunity for some INTs.
              Please refer to post #7 in this thread.

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                Rivers team will have more wins, but still be held back by Rivers and his seemingly lapse of judgement during games. He tossed that intentional grounding pass while in the endzone without giving it a second thought. I mean, watch the replay. Rivers is in his own little world at times during games. He ditched that pass baaaad with seemingly no awareness. He'll take the penalty yardage. Not in the end zone Philip, my man. I predict the Colts do better tho, Rivers or not.
                That is an example of quarterbacks getting far too much blame for failures.

There was a sequence of events that led to the safety.
                1. Nyheim Hines fair caught the ball at the Colts 4 yard line. As bad as things went in the game, Colts only down by 7 at that point. Maybe should have let the ball bounce into the endzone ?
                2. Miles Garrett was a one man wrecking crew that was singlehandedly destroying the Colts Oline all game long. Colts had a backup playing LT. Rivers was being pressured unmercifully all game long.
                3. Coach Reich calls a pass play out of the endzone or on the 4 yard line.
                4. As soon as the ball was snapped, Garrett was on top of Rivers. He did not have time to even think. He flung the ball out of bounds trying to get rid of it. Jack Doyle ran the wrong route and intentional grounding was called.
                Had Rivers held onto the ball, he would have been sacked for the safety anyways. He just didn't have any time.

The right call would have been to run the ball and try to get some yards for an easier punt.

But hey, its great that Charger fans are watching Colts games rooting for Rivers. :salute:

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

I think Phil has one more run in him and I don’t even bother comparing Rivers and Herbert. I love what the rookie is doing but talk to me when he’s played every game for 10-15 years with this organization and Rivers gave the Chargers everything he had for a long time.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    Colts could well have twice as many wins as Bolts.... ceiling could be as low as five wins,
                    I see 3 automatic losses: Bills/Chiefs on the road & the Pats at home (can't get myself to not think Belichick badly out schemes Lynn & staff)

9 - 7 is there ceiling, but it won't happen: most of the rest are toss ups... i'll give them 5 - 4 because i'm nice.

Chargers will go 6 - 10: give or take a game

Colts need 4 wins to seal it: Bengals, lions, texans (2), jaguars....which makes 8 their floor.

Comment

• marionbutts
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Former Football Player
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

That is an example of quarterbacks getting far too much blame for failures.

There was a sequence of events that led to the safety.
                      1. Nyheim Hines fair caught the ball at the Colts 4 yard line. As bad as things went in the game, Colts only down by 7 at that point. Maybe should have let the ball bounce into the endzone ?
                      2. Miles Garrett was a one man wrecking crew that was singlehandedly destroying the Colts Oline all game long. Colts had a backup playing LT. Rivers was being pressured unmercifully all game long.
                      3. Coach Reich calls a pass play out of the endzone or on the 4 yard line.
                      4. As soon as the ball was snapped, Garrett was on top of Rivers. He did not have time to even think. He flung the ball out of bounds trying to get rid of it. Jack Doyle ran the wrong route and intentional grounding was called.
                      Had Rivers held onto the ball, he would have been sacked for the safety anyways. He just didn't have any time.

The right call would have been to run the ball and try to get some yards for an easier punt.

But hey, its great that Charger fans are watching Colts games rooting for Rivers. :salute:
                      I don't think Doyle ran the wrong route, I think Rivers was just trying to defend against a safety being called. Anyway, agree with all of your other points.

Comment

• TheNose
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2020
                        • Send PM

I cringed when we drafted Herbert, so there's that. So far I have been really impressed

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

What if the Colts bench Rivers and go with Brissett and start winning? Is there still crow? It's no longer Rivers and the Colts.

Comment

Working...
                          X