• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Conspiracy theory

Does anyone else share the feeling that this Belichick maneuver to practice in SD for the week is more of an attempt at psychological warfare than it is about some bunk about the practicality of preparations?

I mean, NE weather and their bubble are good enough to practice in the rest of the year and 'excessive travel' from GB to Boston and then to SD? Like his and other 'mentally tough' teams do with some degree of frequency? Please.

Seems to me this is a fairly big game for NE and a really big game for the Bolts as it relates to the WC and the logjam of teams just over our shoulder. I have gotten the feeling from Belichick ever since 2006 that he believes like the Chargers' culture is 'emotionally soft.' There's always been this manipulative, personal aspect and efforts at psychological intimidation from him and NE related to the Chargers for some reason, even going back to the Brady/Vrabel meatheaded comments in 2005 about "you don't talk about our team" and the Richard Seymour headbutt prior to the AFCCG. And we know the Belichick tactic of us against the world motivation (SB parades and Merriman)...that lead to the midfield antics in 2006. Even the extended postgame conversation with McCarthy last week.

The man's paranoid and always using some stupid ploy to create intrigue to get a perceived edge. Even this week's subterfuge around moving from UCSD to USD and removing jersey numbers seems invented to psych us out. You know, keep the Pats in the Chargers' heads and ginning up the importance of the game. Giving us the feeling that our home turf has been invaded and removing the edge associated with it. Hey, ultra-competitive and highly emotional Rivers might be unwound by this alpha-challenge to his turf and manipulated into mistakes.

It just seems too contrived to be about real business.

I fucking hate this guy. I hate his attitude, his demeanor, his stupid-ass contrived hoodie shit, his lack of sportsmanship, his 'genius status,' his lack of respect for other teams dressed up as humility. The dude's a fraud. And I hate the Patriots and their Masshole fans. Worst fans in the world. Worse than comical Raiders fans or idiot Eagles fans. H-A-T-E. Rally fucking hate.
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I never understood the "soft" San Diego comments.

Do those fools realize a good chunk of the military is in San Diego? Plus, just about every X gamer has lived in San Diego. You know - the guys and girls who stand on wobbly wheels and hurl themselves about 10 feet off the concrete?

You know why Jaws attacked the east coast? Because, if he had swam into San Diego, we wouldn't have even paid attention. We grew up hoping to be the ones chosen to shove sardines into the mouth of killer fucking whales. Do you honestly think we give a shit about oversized mechanical sharks? Jaws would have shit himself the moment he saw Shamu. When was the last time you saw a San Diegan screaming "Shark!" Back in the day when I surfed, I saw a couple sharks a month, and all I ever thought was "Stoke."

Oh, and I have lived in places with ice and snow. I managed to survive.

Ask an east coaster who has visited San Diego about what they think of our ocean. The answer is always "too fucking cold." Bunch of soft motherfuckers.

Comment

• Boltimore
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Naples, FL
      • Retired
      • Send PM

All I'll say is that I couldn't really read your entire post because your sig pic, which looks very soft.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

They have traveled with extended road trips to the West Coast in the past. Per the Boston press, they routinely practice without numbers anyway. The timing of the move to USD is curious, because USD is in the FCS playoffs, but $$$ is important to that school, and UCSD is way too accessible. At this point of the season, with all the tape out there, there are no secrets on tendencies so unless they have a mole in the Chargers camp, they won't get too much from watching practice from the top of the hill over Charger park, with security patrolling up there.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          They have traveled with extended road trips to the West Coast in the past. Per the Boston press, they routinely practice without numbers anyway. The timing of the move to USD is curious, because USD is in the FCS playoffs, but $$$ is important to that school, and UCSD is way too accessible. At this point of the season, with all the tape out there, there are no secrets on tendencies so unless they have a mole in the Chargers camp, they won't get too much from watching practice from the top of the hill over Charger park, with security patrolling up there.
          USD is a Catholic school, where the cheats can ask for forgiveness.
          In my sect of Judaism, there is no forgiveness for Cheaters.

The path of the righteous fan is beset on all sides by the inequities of the Patsies and the tyranny and evil of the Ravens. Blessed are we who cheer the Chargers through this valley of darkness. And let us strike down upon these Cheatriots with great vengeance and furious anger for they have attempted to poison and destroy us brothers of the Bolt. And the Massholes will know our name is the Super Chargers when we lay our vengeance upon them.

Pulp Fiction forever.
          Last edited by thelightningwill; 12-07-2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            I never understood the "soft" San Diego comments.
            I do, but that's for a different thread.

In this context, I am referring to this Chargers team and a specific perception that Belichick (and many around the country) have for a franchise that has often underperformed and wilted under the spotlight, particularly against the Pats and including a game which was one of the biggest chokejobs you'll ever see.

But I do think McCoy's altered the equation here as this club's developed a bit more of a grinder mentality.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              They have traveled with extended road trips to the West Coast in the past.
              How many in reg season? How many vs Oak or other noncompetitive clubs?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                How many in reg season? How many vs Oak or other noncompetitive clubs?
                IIRC, twice. I think they had a recent swing through the 'duhs and squacks.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Does anyone else share the feeling that this Belichick maneuver to practice in SD for the week is more of an attempt at psychological warfare than it is about some bunk about the practicality of preparations?

I mean, NE weather and their bubble are good enough to practice in the rest of the year and 'excessive travel' from GB to Boston and then to SD? Like his and other 'mentally tough' teams do with some degree of frequency? Please.

Seems to me this is a fairly big game for NE and a really big game for the Bolts as it relates to the WC and the logjam of teams just over our shoulder. I have gotten the feeling from Belichick ever since 2006 that he believes like the Chargers' culture is 'emotionally soft.' There's always been this manipulative, personal aspect and efforts at psychological intimidation from him and NE related to the Chargers for some reason, even going back to the Brady/Vrabel meatheaded comments in 2005 about "you don't talk about our team" and the Richard Seymour headbutt prior to the AFCCG. And we know the Belichick tactic of us against the world motivation (SB parades and Merriman)...that lead to the midfield antics in 2006. Even the extended postgame conversation with McCarthy last week.

The man's paranoid and always using some stupid ploy to create intrigue to get a perceived edge. Even this week's subterfuge around moving from UCSD to USD and removing jersey numbers seems invented to psych us out. You know, keep the Pats in the Chargers' heads and ginning up the importance of the game. Giving us the feeling that our home turf has been invaded and removing the edge associated with it. Hey, ultra-competitive and highly emotional Rivers might be unwound by this alpha-challenge to his turf and manipulated into mistakes.

It just seems too contrived to be about real business.

I fucking hate this guy. I hate his attitude, his demeanor, his stupid-ass contrived hoodie shit, his lack of sportsmanship, his 'genius status,' his lack of respect for other teams dressed up as humility. The dude's a fraud. And I hate the Patriots and their Masshole fans. Worst fans in the world. Worse than comical Raiders fans or idiot Eagles fans. H-A-T-E. Rally fucking hate.
                  FWIW, it was reported that this trip out here early was planned long ago, way before the season started.

I do agree with your post though. Despite their championshps (a while back), there's really not much to admire about the Patriots or Belichick because of their lack of sportsmanship, their poor attitude, and of course, Spygate.

Comment

• Maverick
                    (Coryellian)
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Point Loma
                    • Send PM

F the pats, brady, belichick, etc...

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                      FWIW, it was reported that this trip out here early was planned long ago, way before the season started.
                      Yes, I saw that. It's been reported. That doesn't mean it's true. And by the same token, even if true it doesn't mean that the basis for the decision wasn't as I speculated.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Rivers 0-5 vs Brady in his career. That's BS.

Comment

Working...
                        X