• Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Encouraging things

- Defense as a whole was very stout after a bit of a shaky start
    - Was able to stop the run with some consistency until the very end when they were gassed anyways
    - Novak stepped up and bailed the team out big time
    - Ingram needs to stay healthy; maybe he has another late season surge in him

Denver is very beatable IMO. Very beatable. Divisional opponent, at home, and we are much healthier this time around. It's going to be tough to end the season on the road but we'll be facing two reeling teams. It's far from over. Granted with our OL issues I don't know how much noise we can make in the playoffs but you never know.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • Marshall/Boogie
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

If our O can come out and look like they did the first part of the season, striking early, often and dictating, we stand a fairly good shot at winning. We CANNOT get in a hole early with their pass rushers. That will be very, very bad for us...
    Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

When they said December is when you start playing playoff football, only Pagano and the defensive players got the memo.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I guess I'm in the minority about the defense. With the game on the line they gave up a go ahead drive for a fg, a TD that about iced it, and a couple of first downs after McCoy all but conceded the game by punting. Not sure how giving up nearly 400 yards of offense is a good showing.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I guess I'm in the minority about the defense. With the game on the line they gave up a go ahead drive for a fg, a TD that about iced it, and a couple of first downs after McCoy all but conceded the game by punting. Not sure how giving up nearly 400 yards of offense is a good showing.
          Thank you for saying what needs to be said, I feel sometimes here people have become afraid to speak their minds because their heads might get torn off...

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

One positive thing out of tonight is that it will be virtually impossible for us the host a playoff game now, so I don't have to pony up playoff ticket money!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

One positive thing out of tonight is that it will be virtually impossible for us the host a playoff game now, so I don't have to pony up playoff ticket money!
              Congrats! That may be the jackass post of the day.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

when your offense does nothing other than one good drive early in the first quarter, not sure how much more you are really expecting from the defense against one of the top offenses. they played well enough for for the first 3 qrtrs of the game before getting tired, which is a lot more help than the offense not showing up at all or, to use your own phrasing, did nothing in the second half after the defense got the Pats offense into multiple three and outs or when the score was still close, or with the game on the line and we really needed the O to show up and do SOMETHING.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                  when your offense does nothing other than one good drive early in the first quarter, not sure how much more you are really expecting from the defense against one of the top offenses. they played well enough for for the first 3 qrtrs of the game before getting tired, which is a lot more help than the offense not showing up at all or, to use your own phrasing, did nothing in the second half after the defense got the Pats offense into multiple three and outs or when the score was still close, or with the game on the line and we really needed the O to show up and do SOMETHING.
                  I guess my reply to that is - do what the Pats did. Our defense shut them down for 3 quarters and then collapsed in crunch time. Their defense held us down for 3 quarters and then stifled us completely in the 4th quarter. If we had done that, we win. We didn't and lost by 9.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I guess my reply to that is - do what the Pats did. Our defense shut them down for 3 quarters and then collapsed in crunch time. Their defense held us down for 3 quarters and then stifled us completely in the 4th quarter. If we had done that, we win. We didn't and lost by 9.
                    heading into this game which matchup would you or anybody else on this board have bet on winning: our offense vs their defense, or our defense vs their offense. nobody in their right mind would think the defense would hold as long as it did or keep the score as low as it was for the majority of the game. especially not when the offense DID NOTHING. this game would have been a blowout if the defense didn't show up, and that is why majority of us found their play encouraging.

it's rather odd that you, as one of the posters that always complains about other's negativity, is being negative in a thread that's meant to be more positive.

Comment

• Faded blues
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

Defense played great

Offense sucked

McCoy nkt going for it was a horrible decision

Plus telesco completely missed on Donald
                      Brown and Oliver.

Plus, the oline depth and talent is a concern.

Brandon bowers is a head hunter

Too many pat fans in the stadium

That crap pissed me off

Means charger fans sold
                      Their tickets online

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                        heading into this game which matchup would you or anybody else on this board have bet on winning: our offense vs their defense, or our defense vs their offense. nobody in their right mind would think the defense would hold as long as it did or keep the score as low as it was for the majority of the game. especially not when the offense DID NOTHING. this game would have been a blowout if the defense didn't show up, and that is why majority of us found their play encouraging.

it's rather odd that you, as one of the posters that always complains about other's negativity, is being negative in a thread that's meant to be more positive.
                        Didn't really intend to crap the thread, but I just don't think the defense played good enough to win the game so I find it hard to list as a positive. Again, we had the lead going into the 4th quarter and neither offense was doing anything. And then our defense collapsed with the game on the line and theirs didn't. Not sure why they should get a pass while choking up 10 4th quarter points at home. The Pats defense didn't wilt like ours did.

Comment

Working...
                        X