• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Denver opens as a 4 pt favorite

Shocked it isn't higher. I have no idea how we win this game.
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    We seem to rebound after getting our nuts kicked in. Manning's in for a long day.

I hope.

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

denver minus 3.5

point spread

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Thread merge please.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Our defense had quite possibly its best game of the season and has been steadily improving. (NYJ was statistically better, but the Jets have no O.) So, bettors are probably thinking the D will continue to play well, the O performance is likely a fluke, we led most of the game against what many consider the best team in the NFL, Denver hasn't impressed lately, and Rivers usually wins in December. The spread is probably right about where it ought to be.
          Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

I'm thinking we can get in at 10-6. If we pull this one off at home, then onto SF and KC, who look like they are reeling. 2 out of 3 aint bad.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I don't usually make predictions. But I'm guessing we lose to the Donkeys and beat the 49ers and KC. Manning is licking ass, but the rest of the Broncos look tough. 49ers and KC don't look good at all right now.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                49ers and KC don't look good at all right now.
                Of course, they're probably saying the same thing about us.
                Adipose

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  Our defense had quite possibly its best game of the season and has been steadily improving. (NYJ was statistically better, but the Jets have no O.) So, bettors are probably thinking the D will continue to play well, the O performance is likely a fluke, we led most of the game against what many consider the best team in the NFL, Denver hasn't impressed lately, and Rivers usually wins in December. The spread is probably right about where it ought to be.
                  The Bronco defense is a bad match up for our offense. They allow 72 yards rushing per game for a 3.5 yards per carry average - both second in the league. Which means we will have trouble rushing and forced to pass, which leads to the other strength of their defense - they are second in the league in sacks at 38 (we have 19, FWIW). With the way Rivers has been pounded lately, this does not bode well for us. We need a strong performance from our defense to keep this close. If we get into a shootout, we will likely be in big trouble.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                    Of course, they're probably saying the same thing about us.
                    Because we beat the Rams and Ravens and lost to the Patriots? Not the same as being the only 2 teams to lose to the Faiders.
                    If this was the point of the year in which we got clobbered by the Fish, I would understand. But we don't suck right now.
                    Our defense looks good. Our offense, last week, pretty shitty. But I think that had more to do with the Cheaters secondary than it did with us being a bad team. I don't think Antonio Gates and Keenan Allen will get ruined like that again this year.
                    But, even if Sunday night wasn't a one-time occasion and our offense actually is terrible, we still didn't lose to the Raiders. We lost to a team that is favored to win the AFC.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

The Bronco defense is a bad match up for our offense. They allow 72 yards rushing per game for a 3.5 yards per carry average - both second in the league. Which means we will have trouble rushing and forced to pass, which leads to the other strength of their defense - they are second in the league in sacks at 38 (we have 19, FWIW). With the way Rivers has been pounded lately, this does not bode well for us. We need a strong performance from our defense to keep this close. If we get into a shootout, we will likely be in big trouble.
                      Yeah, no one suggested any of our 5 final games would be easy -- except maybe Yuba in regards to the Patriots in the GDT.

But Denver has been a bit lackluster lately -- yeah, I know we have, too, but never mind -- and are beatable. Our defense can shut down their O. If we can limit their interior rush, we can gameplan around the edge rushers. That said, those edge rushers killed us last game.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Yubaking
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        I don't usually make predictions. But I'm guessing we lose to the Donkeys and beat the 49ers and KC. Manning is licking ass, but the rest of the Broncos look tough. 49ers and KC don't look good at all right now.
                        Unfortunately, Manning is licking his ass at just the right time for the Broncos to discover the ground game that they have sorely missed for much of the season. I think they are playing like the best team in the AFC right now--good on offense with the pass and run (you can never assume that Manning is going to lick ass), and good on defense versus the pass and run. We play them well in general, but I think they have kind of found themselves after their debacle in STL. They are going to be a tough out for us.

I couldn't emphasize enough that we are better at home than on the road and that SF and KC run the ball and have QBs that can run and throw enough to keep us off the run some (making us honest). They should run, run, run against us if they are smart with just enough passing mixed in to make us respect the possibility. With our relative strengths and weaknesses, both games set up for us not to win time of possession.

So I prefer the matchup versus DEN even though DEN is the best of the three opponents right now.

Comment

Working...
                        X