Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

2 observations from last night's SNF game:

(1) How I would love to have an OL like either of those teams! The team work, especially on inside runs, was a thing of beauty! That's what I want for Christmas.

(2) This one is specifically for Mr. King and any other stats-obsessed fool who claims to know what all coaches would do in an situation: Did you notice Dallas was kicking short intentionally last night? And it resulted in one turnover and not really worse field position than they would have had if kicking deep. And lest you say their kicker just can't consistently kick touchbacks, one of their kicks was from the 50 yard line. Even Kaeding could get a touchback from there, but the Dallas coaches still opted to kick it high and short, and the strategy paid off. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it, your holiness!
    Adipose

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post

(1) How I would love to have an OL like either of those teams! The team work, especially on inside runs, was a thing of beauty! That's what I want for Christmas.

(2) This one is specifically for Mr. King and any other stats-obsessed fool who claims to know what all coaches would do in an situation: Did you notice Dallas was kicking short intentionally last night? And it resulted in one turnover and not really worse field position than they would have had if kicking deep. And lest you say their kicker just can't consistently kick touchbacks, one of their kicks was from the 50 yard line. Even Kaeding could get a touchback from there, but the Dallas coaches still opted to kick it high and short, and the strategy paid off. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it, your holiness!
      Merry Christmas in the Spring. If we don't have a top OL next year, I'm calling for TT's head.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Cutler has been sacked 3 times and has one pick so far...

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post

Kicking high and short from the 50 is not evidence of anything. The kicking team's defenders are 15 yards further up the field and in a much better position to defend the kick. I have been discussing regular kickoffs from the regular spot where what you have been suggesting is horseshit. Also, there have been any number of teams that have blasted the ball right out of the end zone when kicking from the 50. So congrats on finding an exception that isn't even really an exception. Golf clap for you!

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
            Kicking high and short from the 50 is not evidence of anything. The kicking team's defenders are 15 yards further up the field and in a much better position to defend the kick. I have been discussing regular kickoffs from the regular spot where what you have been suggesting is horseshit. Also, there have been any number of teams that have blasted the ball right out of the end zone when kicking from the 50. So congrats on finding an exception that isn't even really an exception. Golf clap for you!
            I am resisting the urge to call you all sorts of nasty things and am choosing to keep this civil. I am not sure how long I can do this, so please get this through your head right away: Dallas kicked short repeatedly on SNF, the exact same strategy the Chargers used in 2 games, and it resulted in a fumble recovery on the opening possession and bad starting field position for Philly all night. It wasn't just on the last kick, but throughout the night, and the fact that they did it from a point of the field where even a legless midget could get a touchback completely invalidates your position that no coach would ever opt for the short kicking game over guaranteed touchbacks.
            Adipose

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'm thinking a legless midget would have problems just kicking the ball, much less kick it for a touchback.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                I'm thinking a legless midget would have problems just kicking the ball, much less kick it for a touchback.
                I'm sure we will soon have an in-depth (pseudo-)statistical analysis to answer that question.
                Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

I could get you a legless midget by 5pm.
                  What color would you like?
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    I could get you a legless midget by 5pm.
                    What color would you like?
                    Purple, please.
                    Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I have a deal on a used Oompa Loompa. One owner, low mileage, but its orange.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        I have a deal on a used Oompa Loompa. One owner, low mileage, but its orange.
                        You have a deal if you remove that abomination from your userpic. I thought you exorcised him by burning his jersey in Jacksonville? Or was it LV's jersey?
                        Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

That was my car rag.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X