• Show
Clear All
  • Boltergeist
    Pesky apparition
    • Jun 2013
    • Baja Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    On punt returns Mary said he closed his eyes as the ball came into his hands iirc. I think that is one reason why he was cut.
    If that is true, Marty is a bigger idiot than I thought. The guy held the NCAA record for return yardage when he went pro. He also had a receiving touchdown witht he first team (from Brees) against AZ and a long punt return against, I think, Seattle. The return was the longest ever for the Chargers... I mean it took the longest time ever. I think it was the only ball control kick return I have ever witnessed.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I believe the official term is, "stuborn German."
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

I think Marty is a bigger idiot than most people think...
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Only four pages??? I find a lack of consern conserning!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• RobH
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Tokyo, Japan
            • University English Lecturer
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            yep. Notice I didn't say NOrv cut Welker and there were 2 separate sentences in the reply.
            Booop! Penalty. Now the schizoid English professor is coming out in me.

AJ did not let Welker go- the damn HC did! NOrv made many fuckups on his final roster cuts where talented guys ended up on other teams.
            Because you didn't state the original head coach and you followed up with Norv's name, the reader could only assume you were talking about Norv in the first sentence. If you had used a transitional phrase like "Not only did Marty make a lot of personnel mistakes, but NOrv..." then you would have been okay.

Did you know that I get paid $200 bucks per hour for teaching Japanese lawyers shit like this, but I like you so much I give it to you for free. :cheers:

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
              Booop! Penalty. Now the schizoid English professor is coming out in me.

Because you didn't state the original head coach and you followed up with Norv's name, the reader could only assume you were talking about Norv in the first sentence. If you had used a transitional phrase like "Not only did Marty make a lot of personnel mistakes, but NOrv..." then you would have been okay.

Did you know that I get paid $200 bucks per hour for teaching Japanese lawyers shit like this, but I like you so much I give it to you for free. :cheers:
              Give him a break. He's from Lakeside where English is a second language. There isn't a first unless you consider grunts to be a language.

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                Give him a break. He's from Lakeside where English is a second language. There isn't a first unless you consider grunts to be a language.
                Yeah, but I'M from Hemet, f'crissakes. I think I got him trumped.

Comment

• Lightnin'
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

...purely worthless speculation on my part, but-here goes.

September 9, 2001-Chargers-v-Washington. Tim Dwight, all purpose receiver/speedster/ST demon returns Washington punt for a Touchdown on opening game day.
                  The game was likely the high point for the Chargers season; it also introduced the Chargers #1 draft pick, LaDanian Tomlinson to the NFL world.

The Redskins coach was Marty Schottenheimer, who inherited Tim Dwight four months later when he became Chargers coach. I suspect getting scorched by Dwight
                  closed Schottenheimers mind toward Welker. Toss in the questionable choice to revive Vanover's career, and Welker gets out-of-town.

Yes-there were other factors, but I can't see how that afternoon in September 2001 didn't play a part.
                  San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                    Yeah, but I'M from Hemet, f'crissakes. I think I got him trumped.
                    At least Hemet has an airport...

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightnin' View Post
                      ...purely worthless speculation on my part, but-here goes.

September 9, 2001-Chargers-v-Washington. Tim Dwight, all purpose receiver/speedster/ST demon returns Washington punt for a Touchdown on opening game day.
                      The game was likely the high point for the Chargers season; it also introduced the Chargers #1 draft pick, LaDanian Tomlinson to the NFL world.

The Redskins coach was Marty Schottenheimer, who inherited Tim Dwight four months later when he became Chargers coach. I suspect getting scorched by Dwight
                      closed Schottenheimers mind toward Welker. Toss in the questionable choice to revive Vanover's career, and Welker gets out-of-town.

Yes-there were other factors, but I can't see how that afternoon in September 2001 didn't play a part.
                      Yeah, but Welker came three years later. Dwight didn't do a helluva lot that year and pretty much nothing with the offense.

Comment

• RobH
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Tokyo, Japan
                        • Send PM

LOL Yeah, I guess you could call it that.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

hell, I'm only 1 mile due East from Gillespie.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X