• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lyth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

You have to be able to cover man in a 3-4. At least some of the time. Other than Davis, our LB's and secondary would get shredded by most QB's.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
      can we get Donald + Suh in next draft?
      Are you a smart-ass in general, mate? We need a zero technique, a three technique, a five technique, and a 9 technique.

Melvin Ingram is leaving, like they let Eric Weddle walk. Period. End of story.

This pass rush blows without Bosa and Ingram applying pressure. They played together in three games the 2020 season. I advocate blowing out
      this defensive coordinator and his awful scheme, and going a new direction. I will be doing no more film studies.

Now, if you want to come at me and say that we don't have the corner talent to play press, I'd agree. Because Gus Bradley said that himself. It's true. We lack talent at CB to play man coverage. So we stay in a Cover 3 shell, every game, all damn game.

So, we can neither consistently pressure the QB nor mix or coverages in the defensive backfield, ALL are talent and scheme related.

This is a film study on the defense concept of how Wade Phillips utilizes the most aggressive 3-4 to dictate pressure.

Taking that into a account, I think we're a LEO 9 from utilizing this scheme, but LB MIcah Parsons skill-set PROJECTS to that position.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post
        You have to be able to cover man in a 3-4. At least some of the time. Other than Davis, our LB's and secondary would get shredded by most QB's.
        Ding!

Nailed it. It's our backfield that is lacking to play an aggressive defensive front. They've GOT to able to shift from man to zone when the situation demands. Can you even imagine Bill Belichick fielding a team not being able to to play man? Laughable. But....That's why Belichick has 6 Lombardis and Dean's trophy case is empty.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

It has been five years since Aqib Talib was a Patriot — five years since he helped Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and company reach the AFC Championship game. Still, the value the elite-level cornerback…

Aqib Talib won a Super Bowl with Broncos (with Wade) in 2015, then went on to five-consecutive Pro Bowls, including another Super Bowl with Wade.

The Patriots, Rams, Broncos all went to the Super Bowl because of their defensive talent and their defensive scheme.

Last time the Chargers went to the Super Bowl, 26 years ago, Bill Ansparger was running the defense.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Are you a smart-ass in general, mate? We need a zero technique, a three technique, a five technique, and a 9 technique.

Melvin Ingram is leaving, like they let Eric Weddle walk. Period. End of story.

This pass rush blows without Bosa and Ingram applying pressure. They played together in three games the 2020 season. I advocate blowing out
            this defensive coordinator and his awful scheme, and going a new direction. I will be doing no more film studies.

Now, if you want to come at me and say that we don't have the corner talent to play press, I'd agree. Because Gus Bradley said that himself. It's true. We lack talent at CB to play man coverage. So we stay in a Cover 3 shell, every game, all damn game.

So, we can neither consistently pressure the QB nor mix or coverages in the defensive backfield, ALL are talent and scheme related.

This is a film study on the defense concept of how Wade Phillips utilizes the most aggressive 3-4 to dictate pressure.

Taking that into a account, I think we're a LEO 9 from utilizing this scheme, but LB MIcah Parsons skill-set PROJECTS to that position.
            IF a simple question makes me a smart-ass then so be it. I must have hit a nerve

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

IF a simple question makes me a smart-ass then so be it. I must have hit a nerve
              Funny. I feel the same fucking way.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post
                there have been a lot of teams, 34 or 43 that have played mostly man. There are 34 and 43 teams that have played mostly zone. There are teams that have run a mix in both a 34 and a 43. The front you play has very little to do with what type of coverage you play.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Ding!

Nailed it. It's our backfield that is lacking to play an aggressive defensive front. They've GOT to able to shift from man to zone when the situation demands. Can you even imagine Bill Belichick fielding a team not being able to to play man? Laughable. But....That's why Belichick has 6 Lombardis and Dean's trophy case is empty.
                  The early NE SB teams were all zone teams, as were the SB team with the Pats under Parcells (BB was secondary coach), and with the NY Giants, when BB was DC.

There is no reason you can't be aggressive playing zone D.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

What about a 3-3 - Bosa type defense - which is in fact a 4-3 but if Wade is coaching it - call it what the hell you want.

I would love Wade as the head coach at this time. He would coach a productive defense.
                    I love Wade. He's also produced championship caliber defenses. Who would compliment him as the DC?

Comment

• Biggestfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I love Wade. He's also produced championship caliber defenses. Who would compliment him as the DC?
                      An old Wade would be very much an upgrade over Bradley

Comment

Working...
                      X