• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Clary to retire

A throw away quote from a UT story, but it confirms Clary is preparing for life after football.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    A throw away quote from a UT story, but it confirms Clary is preparing for life after football.
    Yeah, it's been common knowledge for a while that Hardwick and Clary are done. They're just putting off the official announcement till after the season so as not to be a distraction.
    Adipose

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

Good for them, they have earned it. Hardwick especially. Time for them to get out before it ruins the rest of their lives. Also, they are both smart enough to know that they hurt the team/organization that they love by lingering and keeping everyone guessing as to whether the team should count on them or move on.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Hardwick is done as well. Im certain of it.

Comment

• SFW
          PB Official Game Thread Starter
          • Jul 2013
          • NY
          • USMC
          • Send PM

Holy shit. Without the tattoos I would never believe that is him in those pictures.
          1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
          2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
          3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
          4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
          5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
          6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
          7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm not too sure if Clary is "to retire", because cutting weight maybe the best path to re-start conditioning his hip and his overall strength. Is there a pic of Clary? I don't think he's in the Chargers' plan either way. In the case with Hardwick, he's probably doing lots of cardio, and closer to normal weight, and most probably outward bound, but my best recollection he has not said that he will be retiring.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Did anyone notice how well the offense played the 4th quarter of the Baltimore game? The only decent quarter we've played offensively in 2 months? And who are center was? Trevor Robinson!
              Any thought of playing him at center and shifting Watt to LG( his natural position, the one he played at ND)? Get a stud RG in FA or in the draft. Resign Dunlap, Fluker comes back healthy.......line set.
              Clary and Hardwick can go into retirement knowing that Rivers is well protected.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                Did anyone notice how well the offense played the 4th quarter of the Baltimore game? The only decent quarter we've played offensively in 2 months? And who are center was? Trevor Robinson!
                Any thought of playing him at center and shifting Watt to LG( his natural position, the one he played at ND)?
                Get a stud RG in FA or in the draft. Resign Dunlap, Fluker comes back healthy.......line set.
                Clary and Hardwick can go into retirement knowing that Rivers is well protected.
                It makes too much sense not to do it. Anything to get Troutman off the field. If we could only get Rinehart off the field as well...

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  I'm not too sure if Clary is "to retire", because cutting weight maybe the best path to re-start conditioning his hip and his overall strength. Is there a pic of Clary? I don't think he's in the Chargers' plan either way. In the case with Hardwick, he's probably doing lots of cardio, and closer to normal weight, and most probably outward bound, but my best recollection he has not said that he will be retiring.
                  Fwiw, Gehlken said in a chat a few weeks ago that they are retiring but are delaying the official announcement until the end of the season so as not to distract from the team's postseason pursuit.
                  Adipose

Comment

Working...
                  X