• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I wonder if the front office pressured Lynn for this? We'll never know but it does seem likely. Like Charger, I have doubt that the answer is to use an assistant but at this point in the season it's probably about the only option. One thing sure - it can't hurt!
    100% is my guess. Didnt sound like he was going to do anything unless he had to.

My guess is Stewart will be handing Herbert the iPad between offensive series now. Thats the kind of assistance he can handle. I think.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

I wonder if the front office pressured Lynn for this? We'll never know but it does seem likely. Like Charger, I have doubt that the answer is to use an assistant but at this point in the season it's probably about the only option. One thing sure - it can't hurt!
      agree... cant hurt

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

100% is my guess. Didnt sound like he was going to do anything unless he had to.

My guess is Stewart will be handing Herbert the iPad between offensive series now. Thats the kind of assistance he can handle. I think.
        Sure Don't want him to screw up Herbert....fixing something that is not broken..... lol

Comment

• Lyth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Probably too little, too late to do much about ST this year. If we can just keep from allowing any more blocked kicks I'll be happy.

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I wonder if the front office pressured Lynn for this? We'll never know but it does seem likely. Like Charger, I have doubt that the answer is to use an assistant but at this point in the season it's probably about the only option. One thing sure - it cant hurt't!
            Please don't tempt the fates by making statements like this.

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
              Why not just fire his ass? Lynn has no balls.
              Strange he fired Whiz with no problem but he can't let go of Stewart.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I have even less respect for Lynn now than before this move. Stewart should have been fired for his performance, period. Instead Lynn continues to show favoritism to certain coaches and players, creating an awkward dynamic where someone like Wiz or King are fired or traded, yet his guys aren't held to the same standard.

What a joke of a coach he has turned out to be.

Comment

From NFL com
                  Chargers reassigned special teams coordinator to offensive analyst

The Los Angeles Chargers are shaking up the coaching staff ahead of Week 12.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reported that coach Anthony Lynn is reassigning special teams coach George Stewart as an offensive analyst and promoting assistant special teams coach Keith Burns to fill the role.

Lynn and others will also help out with special teams, Silver added.

A long-time NFL assistant and coordinator, Stewart joined the Chargers as special teams coordinator and assistant head coach in 2017. He'd previously been the Minnesota Vikings receiver coach.

After a 13-year NFL linebacking career, Burns spent six years as an assistant ST coach in Denver from 2007-2012, was Washington's coordinator in 2013, and has been the assistant in L.A. since 2018.

The Chargers have had three punts blocked this season, including one in Week 11. Kicker Mike Badgley is 16 of 21 on field goals with two missed PATs in 28 tries. L.A.'s kick and punt returns have also been an adventure at times this year and produced middling yardage results.
                  If Lynn were coaching the Titanic, this would be the equivalent of moving a deck chair from the bow to the stern, hoping that would cause the ship not to sink after he ran the ship into an iceberg.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

The tweet thing just can't get it to work so copy and paste

@gshortelljr: @MikeSilver "According to Football Outsiders, under Burns' leadership, the Washington Redskins' Special Teams unit finished the 2013 regular season ranked last in points compared to league average."

Great! Exact same position

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Great. If this was 2017.

maybe we’ll be ready to draft some OTs by 2023.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Stewart coached player,....no Bueno here, excelling after leaving.

@MySportsUpdate: Leading Pro Bowl vote-getters for AFC and NFC:

Special teams:

K: Rodrigo Blankenship, Younghoe Koo
                          P: Braden Mann, Johnny Hekker
                          RS: Andre Roberts, Cordarrelle Patterson
                          LS: Kameron Canady, Hunter Bradley

Comment

Working...
                          X