Other Games Thread - (Weeks 12 - End Of Season)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm not seeing it. Im seeing Lynn trusting Steichen a very young OC who is trying to do too much in certain situations. I'm seeing practice squad players forced into action because of injury. I'm seeing zero production from Ingram and James..I'm seeing Badgely having a down year individually. I'm seeing an o-line that still needs a bit of talent and health help. I'm seeing a RBs group with one good reliable RB. All of a sudden the blocking looks so much better with Ekeler. Well Ekeler has better vision and is more decisive and runs behind the blocks better. Those running lanes and holes are there for the other backs. They just are not running with as good of vision and it makes the o-line look worse.

It the ultimate team game. Pinning this year just on Lynn is short sighted.

Again. I said Shanahan is a great coach. Yet I predicted very early on they would win 6 games because of roster issues.

Even if they do fire Lynn, mark my words, if the roster doesn't improve and have keystone players healthy, the team won't make post season next year even with your favorite replacement HC.
    and the warning is now given to us Lynn hate mongers
    Way to go out on that limb there.
    will I ever get that promotion at work, oh soothsayer?
    haha

If we don’t see the post season, will we at least see less insanely bad clock mismanagement that sabotage any chance at winning games?
    how about just having a HC as an asset and not a liability?
    I’ll settle for that.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Even if they do fire Lynn, mark my words, if the roster doesn't improve and have keystone players healthy, the team won't make post season next year even with your favorite replacement HC.
      That’s pretty much what Norv said on his way out the door and then they went to the playoffs in McCoy’s first season

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

You know darn well kicker are generally afterthought in drafts for most GM around the league. The hashes they kick from are 40 feet apart in NCAA vs 18 feet apart in NFL. It's very different angles from college to pros. Hard to predict accuracy at NFL level, but you can tell who has a big leg and can kick it a mile. Many bring in udfa or take a flyer on late rd pick. And as long as the make most of their kicks then they keep a job. When they start missing too many kicks then they lose their job. Once Tucker consistently proved what he is capable of at pro level they gave him the bag $$ and locked him up for years. If he didn't. They would have shopped around for another kicker again.

Food for thought Peyton Manning didn't win his 1st Superbowl with Colts until they sign Adam Viniteri. The previous year they lost in division rd by 3pts to Steelers. Their previous kicker missed a FG in that game. The next season when they beat Patriots to advance to Superbowl they had replaced their kicker with Viniteri and he made all his kicks 3 FG and 3 XPs for 12pts. in that game which they won by 4pts.
        The GM gets all the credit for that move that helped get to an win a Superbowl. Not the HC. If they keep the previous kicker. Peyton probably never wins a Superbowl in Indy.

Kaeding missed 9pts worth of FG vs Jets in 2009 in playoffs and Chargers lost by by 3pts. 14-17. A better kicker and maybe that is a Superbowl winning team and Rivers gets a ring. That was 100% AJ the GM fault. Not the HC Norv.

The product on field is coaches responsibility. But the GM is even more responsible for the product on the field than the HC.
        ​​​​
        how many teams pursued Tucker as a UDFA?

I’ll go you one better and say Peyton wouldn’t have won any titles in Indy if the Chargers had a better kicker than Nate Kaeding. As bad and tragic as that Pats playoff game was after the 2006 season, Kaeding had a 54 yard attempt to win it. Had we done so we would have beat the Colts because we owned the Colts in those days.

Bill Parcells used to say don’t ask me to cook the dinner if I can’t buy the groceries. Yes personnel are important and coaching his important and health is important. All of those things. Your last 2 sentences do t make sense.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That’s pretty much what Norv said on his way out the door and then they went to the playoffs in McCoy’s first season
          I thought that was more of a curse that NOrv laid on the football franchise than a prediction.
          It was surprisingly effective, like his curses on Washington & Oakland as they showed him out the door.

That's about 45 total post NOrv years for these franchises and maybe 4 post seasons between them.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Just got back from the Delta took my son and did a little target practice. Anybody watching the Bills vs Broncos? I’m flipping back and forth between that game and the Mountain West Championship. Go San Jose St!

Josh Allen just scored 14-0 Bills.

Fuck Denver!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
              Just got back from the Delta took my son and did a little target practice. Anybody watching the Bills vs Broncos? I’m flipping back and forth between that game and the Mountain West Championship. Go San Jose St!

Josh Allen just scored 14-0 Bills.

Fuck Denver!
              Boltdiehard - good to see you . Used to see you on the UT Board

Always on point with your simple eloquent message about the Broncos!

Stupid fumble by the PR - gave the Broncos field position - up 14-7

I will say this about Daboll - he does some stuff with Allen that I think Herbert can do. Mobility - maybe not the arm strength of Josh but interesting coaching candidate.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Boltdiehard - good to see you . Used to see you on the UT Board

Always on point with your simple eloquent message about the Broncos!

Stupid fumble by the PR - gave the Broncos field position - up 14-7

I will say this about Daboll - he does some stuff with Allen that I think Herbert can do. Mobility - maybe not the arm strength of Josh but interesting coaching candidate.
                Right on right on!

I think Herbert has just as strong a arm as Allen but way more accurate. I did like Allen coming out of college as I always watch those late Saturday night games during the season in the Mountain West. Love small school football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Just for Charger draft position, need Denver to win.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Just for Charger draft position, need Denver to win.
                    Yeah, that isn’t gonna happen

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Donkeys are a joke. They may be in Tank mode.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Donkeys are a joke. They may be in Tank mode.
                        They aren’t that good. It was a joke that we lost to them after being up 24-3.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Not NFL but congrats to SJ State helluva job coach. Lotta firsts this year and today for that program.

Comment

Working...
                          X