Other Games Thread - (Weeks 12 - End Of Season)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

He has turtled in a number of games this season.
    It depends on what you mean by turtled. Rivers isn’t as reliable in the passing game as he was in the past so maybe they shouldn’t have tried passing it so much in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It depends on what you mean by turtled. Rivers isn’t as reliable in the passing game as he was in the past so maybe they shouldn’t have tried passing it so much in the 2nd half.
      Think of Lynn and his early down run heavy approach and you will know exactly what I mean by turtling.

For much of the season, the Colts were last or near last in YPC and yet Reich insisted on running on early downs and putting Rivers behind the sticks. IND's running game has improved over the course of the season, which has justified running the ball more in recent games than it did earlier. The biggest difference has been with respect to the emergence of Taylor. Still, Reich tends toward conservative game plans as the Colts are 23rd in pass percentage.

Rivers is in the top 10 in completion percentage, YPA, and yards (over 4,000). His QB rating is 98.0, which is good for 13th. It would be higher if IND were not 8th in rushing TDs (taking passing TD opportunities away from Rivers). He has 23 passing TDs versus 18 rushing TDs. He is plenty reliable, especially with good OL protection.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Think of Lynn and his early down run heavy approach and you will know exactly what I mean by turtling.

For much of the season, the Colts were last or near last in YPC and yet Reich insisted on running on early downs and putting Rivers behind the sticks. IND's running game has improved over the course of the season, which has justified running the ball more in recent games than it did earlier. The biggest difference has been with respect to the emergence of Taylor. Still, Reich tends toward conservative game plans as the Colts are 23rd in pass percentage.

Rivers is in the top 10 in completion percentage, YPA, and yards (over 4,000). His QB rating is 98.0, which is good for 13th. It would be higher if IND were not 8th in rushing TDs (taking passing TD opportunities away from Rivers). He has 23 passing TDs versus 18 rushing TDs. He is plenty reliable, especially with good OL protection.
        Maybe you can make the argument that Reich turtled in the other losses. But based on what you wrote, that’s not what happened in yesterday’s second half collapse though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Maybe you can make the argument that Reich turtled in the other losses. But based on what you wrote, that’s not what happened in yesterday’s second half collapse though.
          Right. I did not suggest that they turtled in the second half yesterday, just that Reich does so on occasion.

Comment

• And the Bills do the exact fake punt against the Patriots for a free first down that I mentioned during our game against them instead of bringing in the gunners and giving up a TD on the punt return--coaching matters.

Comment

• I like the design of BUF's offense. I think I would be on board with Daboll as our HC in 2021 given the similarities between Herbert and Allen.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                • Jun 2013
                • Palm Springs
                • I know nothing
                • Send PM

And the Bills do the exact fake punt against the Patriots for a free first down that I mentioned during our game against them instead of bringing in the gunners and giving up a TD on the punt return--coaching matters.
                Please explain better who did what to who for us old folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
                  Please explain better who did what to who for us old folks.
                  The Patsies successfully arranged for a punt return TD against us by bringing their defenders that were lined up opposite the gunners to the end of the line of scrimmage to threaten to rush the punter, leaving the gunners undefended. Instead of quickly snapping the ball and throwing to the uncovered gunner for an easy first down, we destroyed our own punt coverage by bringing in our gunners to block, which was exactly what the Patriots were hoping we would do. They returned the punt for a TD.

Tonight, NE tried that same look and BUF immediately snapped the ball to the up man and threw outside for a first down. That was what I wanted us to do. It just seemed like a very obvious way to deal with NE's approach.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Palm Springs
                    • I know nothing
                    • Send PM

Thank you

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Cam Newton can not throw very well. His arm must be shot and this is why I didn't want him. He looks about done really. He looks slow with a noodle inaccurate arm.

​​​Glad we didn't sign him. Perhaps we go 0-16 if we did.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Cam Newton can not throw very well. His arm must be shot and this is why I didn't want him. He looks about done really. He looks slow with a noodle inaccurate arm.

​​​Glad we didn't sign him. Perhaps we go 0-16 if we did.
                        And in that case we may not have drafter JH.

I'm happy for the Bills fans - they've waited a long time for a good team - same for Browns fans.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Bills scorching the Patriots. They have no QB and no WRs or TE to speak of. Well they have N'Keal Harry but he has been not doing well for them.

Comment

Working...
                          X