• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I like that this thread still tops the list. Thanks, SFW!

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Yea im shocked how mych this forum cares about its members. Seriously any other forum this thread would be on page 5 by now.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jules View Post
        This community has been together such a long time. People have come and gone but it's a family. I dont always like what some of you bastards have to say but I appreciate that you are here to say it.
        Filthy Bastards logo

Wassup, Jules!

Merry Christmas to all the Charger brethren!
        Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Peremptor
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          I like that this thread still tops the list. Thanks, SFW!
          It shall stay at the top until the prodigal son returns!

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            ...over and over and over and over.
            Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
            I think that's a Silversun Pickups song.
            I wish I didn't, but I get that reference.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Well guys I guess this is as good a place as any to announce that I, too, have decided to leave the board.

It's with a sense of sadness that I make this announcement at this time and in this place. But after some real soul-searching, I just realized that the petty bickering and negativity concerning a team we all supposedly love has the ability to just drag me down spiritually. Most of you are great, but there's a handful of complete tools and fools that just jack it up for everyone. There's the self-aggrandizing fucknuts that know nothing about what they spew and are just annoying as hell, and then there's a group of lonely social misfits that I'm just convinced have so many neuroses that they are emotionally warped miscreants that use this forum as a kind of therapy.

Well who has time for any of that? The birth of my daughter really places everything in a new light. I just can't be wasting my time on pointless shit and people that amp up the negative vibes in my life. My daughter needs me to be present and if I'm carrying hostility from imaginary people on the internet that make me feel bad, Im just not doing right by her.

All in all I've enjoyed my time here, and some of you are people I've met and consider friends. But the petty bullshit is just not for me and my priorities dont leave room for it. I wish you guys the best and of course I remain a huge Bolts fan, so know I'm there side by side with you pulling for them. But now's my time to cut the cord. Nahhh, just fucking with you. Leaving in a huff and making a girly declaration that you're leaving the board over hurt feelings is so Den60 and 14 year old girl at the same time that it's not even funny. Grow some sack dudes.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                Well guys I guess this is as good a place as any to announce that I, too, have decided to leave the board.

It's with a sense of sadness that I make this announcement at this time and in this place. But after some real soul-searching, I just realized that the petty bickering and negativity concerning a team we all supposedly love has the ability to just drag me down spiritually. Most of you are great, but there's a handful of complete tools and fools that just jack it up for everyone. There's the self-aggrandizing fucknuts that know nothing about what they spew and are just annoying as hell, and then there's a group of lonely social misfits that I'm just convinced have so many neuroses that they are emotionally warped miscreants that use this forum as a kind of therapy.

Well who has time for any of that? The birth of my daughter really places everything in a new light. I just can't be wasting my time on pointless shit and people that amp up the negative vibes in my life. My daughter needs me to be present and if I'm carrying hostility from imaginary people on the internet that make me feel bad, Im just not doing right by her.

All in all I've enjoyed my time here, and some of you are people I've met and consider friends. But the petty bullshit is just not for me and my priorities dont leave room for it. I wish you guys the best and of course I remain a huge Bolts fan, so know I'm there side by side with you pulling for them. But now's my time to cut the cord. Nahhh, just fucking with you. Leaving in a huff and making a girly declaration that you're leaving the board over hurt feelings is so Den60 and 14 year old girl at the same time that it's not even funny. Grow some sack dudes.
                You had me at miscreants.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • University English Lecturer
                  • Send PM

Fuck. And I was about to drop a tear the size of a 100 watt light bulb. I guess I'll have to suck it up and put up with your suffer fools lightly approach a while longer.

Oh yeah. Huge congrats on the little one. Nothing but happy trails ahead of her I hope.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    You had me at miscreants.
                    time to self-aggrandize these fuck nuts

Miracle-Gro for Sacks logo

Am I doing this right?
                    Last edited by Marshall/Boogie; 12-27-2014, 08:51 AM.
                    Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
                      time to self-aggrandize these fuck nuts

Miracle-Gro for Sacks logo

Am I doing this right?
                      #nowyourgetitp1ssp1pes
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

I don't read much on here, had to come on to read the gameday thread to see which players and coaches are being thrown under the bus this week (or more precisely, play-by-play) but it was nice to see my name come up as I made my way through the latest threads. I dunno what happened to make SFW decide to leave this board but I do know that there tends to be a lot of blind homerism on this board (as is found in many sports boards) so anyone who might appear to be not "on board" tends to take a lot of abuse. Again, I'm not sure if that was the case with SFM or, apparently, Q but I'll go with my gut on that one. I'll leave it up to y'all to decide what chases away posters on here.

Being on any internet board is a choice. When it ceases to be fun people stop logging on.

To me the Chargers are right where I expected them to be and my only question is that when they finally realize they need to rebuild will they be rebuilding in San Diego or LA? The clock is ticking for Rivers and I see a lot of holes that were there before the new regime arrived, if not more now. My wish has always been for the Chargers to win a SB (preferably while still in San Diego). We needed a solid "A" from Telesco to do this in Rivers' window and I think he has earned a "C." Just my opinion of course so feel free to criticize, insult or whatever floats your boat. In the remaining portion of Rivers' window I think he has to pretty much be 100% on every move. I find that unlikely. As for McCoy he hasn't impressed me but I wasn't a fan of his signing so consider me biased.

Oh, and I never posted a goodbye because I never said I was leaving. I just don't go on here much because I don't see much that interests me nor do I, outside of a few posters, find anything that actually is very informative (though the draft previews can be pretty good). You do find a lot of emotions here (as on any other sports or politics board) which can be entertaining. For me I was able to deal with this season by not caring how the Chargers did. At one point I foolishly thought that perhaps my not caring was the reason for their early success though my rational mind would engage to remind me of whom we were playing. I recall a line in a book I once read about soldiers in battle, perhaps it was a Stephen Ambrose book but I don't recall correctly. One officer said that as soon as his men realized that they were already dead they were able to function in combat.

With that I'll leave with just one more thing. I miss Hadl21. That guy was a hoot.

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Right on cue after a loss...

Comment

Working...
                          X