5 NFL Teams That Should Just Move Already.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The Chargers should leave.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Maybe we should stop voting in idiots in San Diego... and the rest of the country.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        If your business could reel in a few superbowls, give us national exposure and generate some development work I'd say it would be a great idea for the city to support you.

Unfortunately, our city is short sighted and led by an incompetent leadership group who seem more intent on fighting anything rather than looking at ways to work for both sides. And can anyone really blame Spanos for leaving if it comes to that? They have tried for a LONG time to get
        something done.
        I haven't lived in San Diego for 15 years. I have yet to meet anybody who has not thought of San Diego as anything other than paradise. The city does not need the Chargers to do any of the things you think the team does for it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
          I haven't lived in San Diego for 15 years. I have yet to meet anybody who has not thought of San Diego as anything other than paradise. The city does not need the Chargers to do any of the things you think the team does for it.
          That's because they don't live there. California is a fucked up state. Nice weather, expensive as hell, illegals sucking up state money and jackasses like Arnold get elected.
          Nice place to visit but glad i left long ago.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

You are entitled to your opinion. I just don't happen to agree. The Superbowl alone makes it worth it. Get in the rotation (which the NFL would love) and that alone after 2 or 3 Superbowls would pay for anything the city put out. We'd also get a chance for more conventions, NCAA tournament games and all kinds of other things that our "paradise" won't ever get.

Comment

• kets
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Has Fillner already met some of the cheerleaders? That would expedite a deal!

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                That's because they don't live there. California is a fucked up state. Nice weather, expensive as hell, illegals sucking up state money and jackasses like Arnold get elected.
                Nice place to visit but glad i left long ago.
                You can say that - or similar - things about all bigger cities in this country. You take the good with the bad. San Diego has been, for me, a wonderful place to live, get married, and help raise my family. To each his own. But I will defend this city against all detractors.

I just dont like crossing the line into politics/human rights/the environment/religion on here. Its not the proper forum for that. Never has been.
                Last edited by QSmokey; 08-12-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Lightnin'
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

...the Chargers wouldn't have any problems getting a deal outside of California if Los
                  Angeles isn't ready when they are.

San Antonio comes to mind right off the bat.

Who would've thought Nashville would get an NFL franchise-the Houston Oilers ? I didn't.

That city and state wanted to become a "player" in major sports and frankly, paid dearly to
                  become one. But, you don't hear any talk of them moving. Houston lost NFL revenue for years
                  and had to find a new owner, apply, and provide a new facility-which ultimately hosted a SB.

Keeping the Oilers would have been much easier.

It would stink for the Chargers to be anything but "The San Diego Chargers", but-I can't help but
                  think this whole thing is nearing the end game, one way or the other.
                  San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I wouldn't call it paradise.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightnin' View Post
                      ...the Chargers wouldn't have any problems getting a deal outside of California if Los
                      Angeles isn't ready when they are.

San Antonio comes to mind right off the bat.

Who would've thought Nashville would get an NFL franchise-the Houston Oilers ? I didn't.

That city and state wanted to become a "player" in major sports and frankly, paid dearly to
                      become one. But, you don't hear any talk of them moving. Houston lost NFL revenue for years
                      and had to find a new owner, apply, and provide a new facility-which ultimately hosted a SB.

Keeping the Oilers would have been much easier.

It would stink for the Chargers to be anything but "The San Diego Chargers", but-I can't help but
                      think this whole thing is nearing the end game, one way or the other.
                      I agree. It can't go on like this forever. But part of the problem imo as an outside observer is that this issue mirrors a lot of what ails California more broadly. People want their cake and to eat it too. You have to invest in things in order to reap the rewards. California has failed to do that in many cases; choosing instead to try to reap rewards without properly investing or making sound financial decisions.

San Diego has had a tortured relationship with its franchises. PETCO was a debacle because a very vocal minority tried to put the screws to Moores, even though that development has proven to be a boon for the city. But the cost was that Moores became very jaded and chose not to reinvest in the ball club which made people angry. San Diegans are angry at the Chargers and foot dragging on the stadium for the ticket guarantee (when they should be angry at the city officials that negotiated it), for the AJ/Norv debacle and the current state of the team, harboring residual anger because of the PETCO/Padres mess and because state and local government are so cash strapped. Each of those flashpoints seems to have at least some merit, but not completely. And more importantly, people fail to grasp the bigger picture. Sure, you can play hardball and force the Spanii to build their own crib, but the economics of sports are such that someone more progressive WILL build them a stadium and provide them all sorts of incentives to relocate because the pottentil windfall in tax revenue, NFL branding as a "major league" city, and assorted economic activity are so huge.

San Diego, unfortunately, doesn't profile as a major league city in the minds of people around the country even with the Chargers. To lose the team would really be a crippling blow and I would really hate to see that happen because I love San Diego more than any place I've lived. It's still my hometown even though I haven't lived there in many years. I go back every opportunity I get. It's just disappointing to see the city struggling with good governance the way it is.

Oh and by the way, this Filner guy sexually harassing veterans who were rape victims is a m'fer. I mean all of it's bad, but man, but rape victims? Military vets? No decency, at all. That guy is an out of control nutjob. Get that fuck outta there.

/end of rant.
                      Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 08-10-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                        THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                        Generous Donor
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        Who are the other four?

1. Jax
                        2. Arizona?
                        3. Indy?
                        4. Rams?
                        Just opened a huge, sparkly new stadium. The SB was there season before last. I don't think the Colts are going anywhere.
                        NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                          Who are the other four?

1. Jax
                          2. Arizona?
                          3. Indy?
                          4. Rams?