Should Pep Hamilton be Interviewed for Head Coach for the Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Should Pep Hamilton be Interviewed for Head Coach for the Chargers?

Can't keep a head coach who put up back-to-back 5-11 seasons (my prediction), but Director of Football Ops John Spanos is conservative and if he decides to stand pat with Telesco, it's no stretch to think they wouldn't interview Pep for the head coaching spot.

It's a conservative move. But, it is not without considerable risks, as all new hires are.

We are 14 days away from Black Monday.
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Yes

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Can't keep a head coach who put up back-to-back 5-11 seasons (my prediction), but Director of Football Ops John Spanos is conservative and if he decides to stand pat with Telesco, it's no stretch to think they wouldn't interview Pep for the head coaching spot.

It's a conservative move. But, it is not without considerable risks, as all new hires are.

Of the existing coaches, he would be the only one I would consider because of how well he has coached Herbie....

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Yes...I like his personality better than Lynn. He's more of a Tony Dungee type coach.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

And the chance he is still the team's HC. Nothing happens. Everything remains the same.

Are you going to turn into Incredible Hulk?

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And the chance he is still the team's HC. Nothing happens. Everything remains the same.

Are you going to turn into Incredible Hulk?
            I am a firm believer that if John Spanos wants to field a contender in Los Angeles, he's got to comes to grips with the fact that, like Dave Caldwell, another Bill Polian protege, who didn't work out as a GM in the NFL, neither did Tom Telesco for the Chargers. Then, hire a football man as GM. I'm dubious as to whether or not John Spanos willingly makes a move to reduced his authority in the front office. That would show maturity and wisdom beyond his years, and a quality his father never possessed.

Can John Spanos man up and admit both his hires of Anthony Lynn and Tom Telesco suck and both need sacking in 14 days? No way.

Comment

• therber219
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2017
              • Iowa
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Of the existing coaches, he would be the only one I would consider because of how well he has coached Herbie....
              I totally agree... He had done great work with Herbert and deserves at least an interview.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

I don't think so. I mean, just look at his track record as a head coach. What about it gives you hope he'd be the guy to lead us upward?

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                  I don't think so. I mean, just look at his track record as a head coach. What about it gives you hope he'd be the guy to lead us upward?
                  This is not a ringing endorsements, by any means, but he's the best HC candidate on the staff, IMHO. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

This is not a ringing endorsements, by any means, but he's the best HC candidate on the staff, IMHO. I'll leave it at that.

Yikes!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Unless we are missing something with a guy like Milus - I would agree that it seems Pep is the best candidate to be HC on the staff. And thats not really good.

I do think he may deserve an interview but I still want the job to go to somebody like Kelly or Daboll.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Unless we are missing something with a guy like Milus - I would agree that it seems Pep is the best candidate to be HC on the staff. And thats not really good.

I do think he may deserve an interview but I still want the job to go to somebody like Kelly or Daboll.
                        Anthony Lynn once had Ken Whisenhunt and Frank Reich on the staff, we went through a brain-drain of quality coaches and replaced them with, Anthony Lynn's confidantes.

Comment

Working...
                        X