• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Rather have Kerrigan. I think he may be cheap. Coming off a season where he had to rotate and spell 2 major studs in Young/Sweat. He may be totally motivated and somewhat fresh. Close to the same age as Melvin. Ultra durable. He is the London Fletcher of DEs.
    Agree.... Ingram is done......

actually, decision should not be made till we aquire new DC and see what kind of defense he will run and what players he will want to keep....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree.... Ingram is done......

actually, decision should not be made till we aquire new DC and see what kind of defense he will run and what players he will want to keep....
      Well I am not sure I want Kerrigan either way - Father Time in the NFL doesn't lose too often. He will be 33 when the next season starts - so thats a hard pass.

But yes, depending on the defense - have to see what players fit that scheme., I would still be good with Wade as DC but that means a 3-4 and Bosa is not a 3-4 DE. But I am sure Wade could figure out how to use Bosa properly.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Rather have Kerrigan. I think he may be cheap. Coming off a season where he had to rotate and spell 2 major studs in Young/Sweat. He may be totally motivated and somewhat fresh. Close to the same age as Melvin. Ultra durable. He is the London Fletcher of DEs.
        The importance of Ryan Kerrigan‘s free agency is less about him as a player. He’ll be coming off his age-32 season at the end of 2020 and likely doesn’t fit the Redskins’ long-term plans — unless he’s willing to take a backup’s salary to finish his career in Washington.

https://riggosrag.com/2020/05/24/fiv...ns-for-2021/3/

Ryan Kerrigan will be 32. Khalil Mack turns 30 in February. We saw what NFL vets got us with Chris Harris, Mike Pouncey, Trai Turner, and Brian Bulaga delivered on their ROI. Linval Joseph still has tread on him.

I beg to argue Who Rushes The Passer? outweighs any other need on the team. We've got a chance to get younger and cheaper and plug-and-play at Melvin Ingram's position, Micah Parsons.

Micah Parsons is 21.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

When healthy, Ingram has made a difference... the defense plays better when he's there, regardless of his individual numbers.

But he's been hurt a lot the past few years, and it's not likely to be feasible to pay him what he thinks he's worth.

Maybe if he hits the free market, and doesn't have much interest from other teams... he'll settle for less. But that usually doesn't work. See Melvin Gordon. Held out for less money...and almost always with a new team.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Back in the day (late 80's then early 90's) we had a guy like that, he was a defensive tackle named Blaise Winter. Dude was complete lunch pail and just gave 100% every snap. We need more like that.
            Shaun Phillips comes to mind.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The importance of Ryan Kerrigan‘s free agency is less about him as a player. He’ll be coming off his age-32 season at the end of 2020 and likely doesn’t fit the Redskins’ long-term plans — unless he’s willing to take a backup’s salary to finish his career in Washington.

Ryan Kerrigan will be 32. Khalil Mack turns 30 in February. We saw what NFL vets got us with Chris Harris, Mike Pouncey, Trai Turner, and Brian Bulaga delivered on their ROI. Linval Joseph still has tread on him.

I beg to argue Who Rushes The Passer? outweighs any other need on the team. We've got a chance to get younger and cheaper and plug-and-play at Melvin Ingram's position, Micah Parsons.

Micah Parsons is 21.
              I have Parson rushing the passer from the Strongside. Behind Bosa. Hes really solid in coverage. And can inside pushing Murray to WLB. With Derwin on 3rd downs covering a TE like Kelce. We are in money D so often Parsons can move around. Same with Derwin. Murray and Parsons 3 down guys.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't mind that stuff. I just want a guy to play better. He was not good this year. He looked older, slower to me. And looking at hjow he would play next year, I don't think he will get better. He can only get worse. Linval still had a good year so its not like the last year with Mebane when they kept him one year too long - Joseph is fine to keep. He has been dang good

As for Ingram, some team will sign him for more money than they should and he will be cut after one year. The Chargers with Bosa, potentially Murray, James and Dru have "playmakers" - they need somebody opposite Bosa to do just be a good solid football player.
                Need someone to coach up Nwosu. Maybe Bosa should send more time with him. Wish we could poach Larry Johnson Sr from OSU. And have him be our DL coach.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                  Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Palm Springs
                  • I know nothing
                  • Send PM

Carl Lawson from Cincinnati looked really good last night. He might be a reasonably priced free agent.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

He pulls up in his stupid ride for Hard Knocks. Starts rapping his lame song. Then quickly gets upset about his money. Holds out. Its all about Melvin. It used to feel more about the team with him. But now it doesnt so much.

Give me a lunch pail type. No more Divas. And look for a value guy in the draft. This draft isnt exactly loaded with top end pass rushers.

We also need to get Nwosu better.
                    Agree. I think he is more interested is his music. You all know i think he has underachieved his entire time here so it is an easy NO for me. I wanted to trade him before this season.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Micah Parsons is 21.
                      i like it

get younger, cheaper and faster

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Ingram was serviceable. But as hard as it is for me to say, he didn't live up to at least what I thought he was going to be. I went to his Pro Day & came out thinking he was going to be an absolute monster. When he fell to us at 18 I thought he was a steal. For whatever reason, injuries &/or outside interests,.he hasn't been the must game plan around player I had hoped he would be. Pro Bowls are just popularity contest. It shows other players like him. That's not enough reason to keep him around in my opinion.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Melvin Ingram walked away with
                          • Fully Guaranteed Money: $34,000,000
                          He's off-the-books, we have a clean slate to build the pass rush under the next Charger GM-Head Coach combination.

Comment

Working...
                          X