Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      VERY happy with Gase getting out of Colorado....this has been just an incredible offseason to see Denver dismantled by horsehead. Truly the worst decision ive ever seen outside of draft day blunders in some time. You have 1-2 years of Manning left....window us closing so lets jettison the entire coaching staff for a quick fix? If i was the Donkos owner id be furious with what went down unless he was in agreement...just fun stuff!
      I'm thinking Elway went "all in" last year, but still fell short. Along the way the working relationship with Fox deteriorated and it looks like Manning is about done, so no reason to continue swirling the bowl with Manning another year and cap hell to boot. Elway couldn't publically say they were moving on from Manning so he had to try to get him to retire on his own for cover- so canning the staff wasn't meant to be any quick fix, but rather starting over without admitting it.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        I'm thinking Elway went "all in" last year, but still fell short. Along the way the working relationship with Fox deteriorated and it looks like Manning is about done, so no reason to continue swirling the bowl with Manning another year and cap hell to boot. Elway couldn't publically say they were moving on from Manning so he had to try to get him to retire on his own for cover- so canning the staff wasn't meant to be any quick fix, but rather starting over without admitting it.
        I was thinking along similar lines.
        Manning still has them at a disadvantage, he will still likely make them cut him to avoid the roster bonus.
        5Head likes his money.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          I was thinking along similar lines.
          Manning still has them at a disadvantage, he will still likely make them cut him to avoid the roster bonus.
          5Head likes his money.
          if they're smart, Manning "fails" his physical and retires and they agree to a settlement on his remaining contract. Then they hire him as QB coach for this year to mentor Osweiler who's been learning under him 3 years already. If the offense struggles this year they blame it on growing pains of learning a new system. The alternative is Manning comes back and has to teach their new OC HIS offense as well as some expected new starters on OL and WR etc. based upon changes after FA and draft- and all the expectations of Super Bowl or Bust are back on Manning's shoulders in a tough situation and he gets run out of town after a bad season.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

if they're smart, Manning "fails" his physical and retires and they agree to a settlement on his remaining contract. Then they hire him as QB coach for this year to mentor Osweiler who's been learning under him 3 years already. If the offense struggles this year they blame it on growing pains of learning a new system. The alternative is Manning comes back and has to teach their new OC HIS offense as well as some expected new starters on OL and WR etc. based upon changes after FA and draft- and all the expectations of Super Bowl or Bust are back on Manning's shoulders in a tough situation and he gets run out of town after a bad season.
            I don't think Manning gives a crap about mentoring anyone. Just the impression I've always gotten from him.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Manning has never really tutored his understudies. He takes every snap in practice and watches film on his own.
              sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

so you're saying Manning has no intentions, or future as, a coach? On the surface it would seem he has the mind to be an Offensive Coordinator. It was widely known in Indy his OC was in name only, and he took "his" offense to Denver and installed it there and made sure everyone knew how it worked and what was expected of each role player. I can't believe Manning would allow 20 years of backup QBs behind him to skate by without ever learning anything.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

so you're saying Manning has no intentions, or future as, a coach? On the surface it would seem he has the mind to be an Offensive Coordinator. It was widely known in Indy his OC was in name only, and he took "his" offense to Denver and installed it there and made sure everyone knew how it worked and what was expected of each role player. I can't believe Manning would allow 20 years of backup QBs behind him to skate by without ever learning anything.
                  I dont think he has intentions to coach. And I dont think he'd make a good coach.

I could see him wanting a GM position.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

I think he will more likely become part of an ownership group.
                    sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      I think he will more likely become part of an ownership group.
                      That as well. Just dont see him on the sidelines.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        That as well. Just dont see him on the sidelines.
                        That's for peasants.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

I could see him going into acting, or owning a string of Papa John's and Nationwide Insurance outlets.

Comment

Working...
                          X