• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Congrats to the Chargers

9-7 is a solid winning season especially since about half the team is on IR. Thanks for 20 great weekends.

A few talent upgrades and we take the division and have a shot to go to the SUPER BOWL next year.

That's right, I said it.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    9-7 is a solid winning season especially since about half the team is on IR. Thanks for 20 great weekends.

A few talent upgrades and we take the division and have a shot to go to the SUPER BOWL next year.

That's right, I said it.
    I agree. Even with all the problems at certain positions (no team is perfect) I think had this team stayed relatively healthy, it could have made a deep playoff run this year.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

With a win and in I can't congratulate the Chargers on such a showing. Wasting another year of Rivers. Like they did an LT. Gates. Seau. Fouts. Big Hands. And so many others that deserved better.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltimore
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Naples, FL
        • Retired
        • Send PM

I can't say congrats, but I understand the reasons for falling short, and I'm fine with that. I could have said congrats to a WC and a 1st round loss.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I'll congratulate the Chargers for giving me hope this season, vs. the last two years under Norv. The team didn't mail it in, but it sure went out like a little lamb in the end.

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

That's right, I said it.
            It wouldn't be unprecedented. Think back to 1992, making the playoffs (with a new head coach too), and winning a playoff game. Then 1993 was a down season and they didn't make the playoffs. In 1994 they made it to the Super Bowl. It could happen again.

Comment

• BoltFan84
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

This team battled hard, given all debilitating injuries and brutal schedule. NFL sure wanted to shatter that December streak for Chargers. With many things stacking up against them, they persevered all season and never folded.

They had several memorable games. Even though, end result doesn't show it, but I feel this is toughest group of players this team has had for a while, up there with 07 and 94 bunch.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Going into this year I thought we were another year away from becoming a serious Super Bowl contender, perhaps even the team to beat in 2015 if everything went well in 2014.
                Now I think we may have even slid back a little.

So many core players were hurt this season that it slowed their development curve enough to throw us off track somewhat, IMO.
                Necessary reps were lost for several young players and some injuries might even be significant enough to reconsider the future of a few projected contributors.

I think we may now be a couple of years away unless development is sped up considerably.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  Going into this year I thought we were another year away from becoming a serious Super Bowl contender, perhaps even the team to beat in 2015 if everything went well in 2014.
                  Now I think we may have even slid back a little.

So many core players were hurt this season that it slowed their development curve enough to throw us off track somewhat, IMO.
                  Necessary reps were lost for several young players and some injuries might even be significant enough to reconsider the future of a few projected contributors.

I think we may now be a couple of years away unless development is sped up considerably.
                  Agreed, there were some disturbing trends this year.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    Agreed, there were some disturbing trends this year.
                    I haven't made up my mind yet on disturbing the trends were. If we had were merely adequate in the center of the oline, we likely win a couple of more games. Of course there are areas to upgrade on the roster (just like every team has) but fixing that alone will do wonders for Rivers battered body and our running game.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

I'll have to hold back on the "congrats". I know the team struggled with injuries .....using 5-6 centers during the season had to put quite a strain on Rivers and the offense not to mention the offensive game plan.,,,,,but not to be a hardass a lot of teams do

The lackluster effort against the Chiefs was a disappointment considering we were right where everyone wants to be, a shot at the playoffs.

I'm not mad, I'm ready for next year. When is the Senior Bowl???
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        I'll congratulate the Chargers for giving me hope this season, vs. the last two years under Norv. The team didn't mail it in, but it sure went out like a little lamb in the end.
                        That's what I don't get Bolt-O.
                        The defense, when it needed to, really stood tall. Unfortunately, there were too many times over the last 2 months when it just couldn't make a play.
                        The offense was just bad the past 2 months. Outside of 2 quarters, we looked horrible over the last 10 games.
                        And the coaching really didn't seize the opportunity. I know it's easy to make comments from afar but there were times during games late in the year when making the difficult call would have shown more character than making the conservative one. Maybe McCoy didn't trust his guys?
                        Anyway, it was fun having week 17 mean something. And like you said, it's a shame we didn't appear to want it bad enough.
                        A solid off season and draft by TT takes us further next year. GUARANTEED!
                        Go Bolts!

Comment

Working...
                        X