• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Eric Bieniemy for Head Coach - Interviewed

Quite simply, the best argument for Eric Bieniemy for Head Coach you're going to find. Superb article, in every way.

How did the Chiefs beat Buffalo @ Buffalo? Reid ran the ball 46 times, controlled the clock and limited Josh Allen's possessions on offensive. Chiefs won 26-17.
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

I want this one so bad....we need to bring him back home!
    sigpic

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

FAt CHAncE.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Thanks for the article, I'll read it but I'm skeptical of him as a candidate and I bet he isn't interested in staying in the AFCW.
        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

How good is he as an OC really? Sure KC is one of the best offenses, but the reason behind it is because they have the best personnel. Is whoever will be the next Chargers coach expected to come in and run the O at the same level he was running things last year (with their old team)? If so, it seems like that may be part of the problem.

If we are going to hire someone to coach the Chargers, maybe it really needs to do someone with an OL or DL background, given how weak those position groups are?

Comment

• floydefisher
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • siberiacuse, ny
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            How good is he as an OC really? Sure KC is one of the best offenses, but the reason behind it is because they have the best personnel. Is whoever will be the next Chargers coach expected to come in and run the O at the same level he was running things last year (with their old team)? If so, it seems like that may be part of the problem.

If we are going to hire someone to coach the Chargers, maybe it really needs to do someone with an OL or DL background, given how weak those position groups are?
            You could use that exact knock on every coach in existence, including guys like Chuck Knoll, Bill Walsh, and Bill Belichick.

By your logic, the only guy the Chargers should have on their radar is the soon to be fired Doug Marrone, who was originally an O-line coach.

How about we just make sure our new hire grabs a good O-line and D-line coach instead? Might just fix the problems there.
            sigpic

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

I like the overall philosophy that Eric B. will bring...he won't shirk at using that young gunslinger's best attributes...our offense would be exciting to watch...

But I don't know about his actual in game management, or if he understands all aspects of running a team, building a staff...when you got a guy like Reid, you either learn from him, or succeed at your job because of him...from what I understand, Reid is the playcaller.

I think he wears a chip on his shoulder, which is why he didn't interview well last year...I don't have a problem with that, but our FO probably will. But if he didn't interview well because he presented as someone who understood being a coordinator, but little else about running a team? That could be the issue...

I wouldn't veto the hire...not at the top of my list, but I don't hate the idea....really, at this point, I think this team just needs a fresh start with someone new.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Thanks for the article, I'll read it but I'm skeptical of him as a candidate and I bet he isn't interested in staying in the AFCW.
                good candidate

I thiink he ends up in Houston. Different division than Mahomes - good QB to build around in Watson

Comment

• floydefisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • siberiacuse, ny
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Why not? If he has something to prove, then you prove it by taking down the biggest dog on the block.

Plus. KC can't go on forever. Travis Kelce is already in his 30's, with most of their receivers in their prime right now. In a few years, that receiver core is going to be an over the hill gang.

Coming here right now would be excellent timing. In a couple of years, you could have a team built and primed to really take over while KC is needing to reload or rebuild.
                  sigpic

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Why not? If he has something to prove, then you prove it by taking down the biggest dog on the block.

Plus. KC can't go on forever. Travis Kelce is already in his 30's, with most of their receivers in their prime right now. In a few years, that receiver core is going to be an over the hill gang.

Coming here right now would be excellent timing. In a couple of years, you could have a team built and primed to really take over while KC is needing to reload or rebuild.
                    I agree, I just don’t think EB has that kind of conviction
                    if he shows interest by interviewing here, I’d probably be wrong, and that’s a good sign that he’s confident
                    my guess is that it never happens, because he knows Reid would dominate him early and often.
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

You could use that exact knock on every coach in existence, including guys like Chuck Knoll, Bill Walsh, and Bill Belichick.

By your logic, the only guy the Chargers should have on their radar is the soon to be fired Doug Marrone, who was originally an O-line coach.

How about we just make sure our new hire grabs a good O-line and D-line coach instead? Might just fix the problems there.
                      We have a good OL coach and had one in Hudson Houck. Need beter talent than the likes of Pipkins and Tevi, etc.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We have a good OL coach and had one in Hudson Houck. Need beter talent than the likes of Pipkins and Tevi, etc.
                        Need better talent.

No matter the coach whether Lynn, Bieniemy, Daboll - you name it - need a better OL (and DL too)

Comment

Working...
                        X