Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Clary Retires

Finally it's official.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/The-Ultimate-Pro-Jeromey-Clary-Retires/e63708a5-35ce-427d-bed4-cbb0aa013f6b

"The Ultimate Pro" Jeromey Clary Retires
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Good guy, but it's his time to retire. Football used him up.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post

“I was just thinking today I need to go get that Chargers decal to put on my truck so that way I can rock that Bolt out there,” he said. “Dean Spanos and his family have changed my life forever. They will always have a spot in my heart. I went up (to Chargers Park) on Tuesday and kind of said goodbye to everybody. As a player, you just always hope that the organization believes in you. I poured my heart and soul into that building, and it felt good. It’s been a great ride. I’m grateful for everything and wouldn’t change a thing.”
      Awesome to see a player open up like this.

Thanks Clary... Enjoy your retirement w/the Bolt on the back of your truck!

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

The Ultimate Pro.

That's a great way to describe Clary. Not the most talented and never blinked an eye at moving to guard, but damned determined and tough as nails. I wish him the best.
        sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Not many players can say they've stayed with a team for their entire extended career. I was hoping to see how he would have done after that first years as a guard. Best wishes for him and his future health.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

One of the most maligned players in Chargers history. I never quite understood the hatred for the guy and thought a lot of his criticism was unfair. The guy always worked and played hard and to me that is commendable, despite his physical limitations as a right tackle, right guard, etc. He was certainly never going to be the best offensive lineman on the field or physically dominate an entire game but you knew he was tough as nails, would give you his all and was a solid team first guy. Every football team needs guys like Clary on the roster and as we saw this OL was dramatically different without him this season. He was and will be missed.

Kudos to you Mr. Clary, enjoy your well earned retirement!
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Wheels
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

I don't know if maligned is the right word. He was always perceived as a journeyman level player, someone you could probably upgrade, so he always had that target on his back. But he was tough and pretty durable most of his career, and pretty darn steady yet unspectacular.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                One of the most maligned players in Chargers history. I never quite understood the hatred for the guy and thought a lot of his criticism was unfair. The guy always worked and played hard and to me that is commendable, despite his physical limitations as a right tackle, right guard, etc. He was certainly never going to be the best offensive lineman on the field or physically dominate an entire game but you knew he was tough as nails, would give you his all and was a solid team first guy. Every football team needs guys like Clary on the roster and as we saw this OL was dramatically different without him this season. He was and will be missed.

Kudos to you Mr. Clary, enjoy your well earned retirement!
                I never got the hate either. He was basically a less naturally gifted version of Dielman, but the same OL mentality and work ethic.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Good for him. All the best in the future.

I expect Hardwick's announcement won't be far behind.

Comment

• TTThunder
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Wish you all the best!

Go Clary!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X