• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I don't think Smith wants to be paid a fair price, I think he wants to get franchise WR money, which is a problem since he isn't one. To me he is a guy like Pierre Garcon was going to Washington a couple years ago. A good, not great WR who has the tools, but needs to elevate his game to join the elite. Garcon did just that, and now is one of the better WR out there. But will Smith? It's tough to pay a guy like that if he hasn't done it. I would like him, but it has to be a lower price, and I think that takes us out of the running. He still has too many holes in his game. But if we can do the right deal, and keep our vets too, then it could work.

Smith would make a nice, but not huge upgrade over our current WR. He is among the best athletes in the NFL, and the guy can flat out destroy zone defenses. But like our current WR, he struggles some against press coverage. He also is not a great route runner, and he could learn a lot from Gates. I do think he would be better for us then he would be for the Ravens, because River is a lot better then Flacco and our passing game more diverse. But he has some of the same problems that Allen does in terms of his ability to find soft spots, and some of his routes are not that great. Like I said, the team that pays him will be doing so based on their thinking that he will elevate his game. And we might be a good team to do that. Another good athletic guy across from him, the right QB, a system that allows him to get the ball a lot, compliments the guys around, and some key vets to help him develop skills.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

I get what you're saying...I actually thought that Smith looked a little better later in the year running routes.
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

He is a good enough athlete and a good enough player that he should be better then he is. ANd I think he flashes that ability. There are times he looks like he does it well. Then there are other times he is clueless about it, which is what bothers me about giving him a lot of money. If he showed slow, but steady progress, then it wouldn't be a question. But the inconsistency is the maddening thing.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Inman brings a positive attitude and work ethic to this team that I like. We need players like him. And my #1 quality for a wr is to catch the ball. He gets open and he catches the ball so I'd be happy with him as our #3 wr next year. I want to see more of him, not less of him.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            Inman brings a positive attitude and work ethic to this team that I like. We need players like him. And my #1 quality for a wr is to catch the ball. He gets open and he catches the ball so I'd be happy with him as our #3 wr next year. I want to see more of him, not less of him.
            You should see more of him now that we got two of him.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X