Now the DC of the Washington Redskins.

• Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Congrats to Joe.

Always a good sign when your staff is getting promoted in other organizations.

BTW, I'm fine with Reich returning. I know people hated his playcalling, but I honestly think with Woodhead and Mathews for the season, you'd have seen a much different offense. Not to mention losing Hardwick for the season(who played the entire season the year before).
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Joe was a great hire here, and the pipeline to a DC job is here in SD. I wonder if they go from within, going with the assistant LB coach Bobby King, or outside. Here is King's bio from the Charger website:

Former Houston Texans assistant linebackers coach Bobby King joined the Chargers in the same capacity in 2014. In Houston in 2013, inside linebacker Darryl Sharpton led the Texans in tackles and linebackers comprised three of the team’s five leading tacklers.

A native of Louisville, Ky., King was a three-year letter winner and a two-year starter on the defensive line at the University of Texas-El Paso. It’s also where he made his start in coaching, serving as a student assistant working with the defensive line from 2002-03.

In 2005, King landed his first full-time job at West Texas A&M and he was part of a team that captured the Lone Star Conference championship and earned the school’s first-ever NCAA Division II Playoff appearance. In 2006, he moved on to Baylor for two seasons before returning to West Texas A&M from 2008-09. In ’09, the Buffaloes reached their first bowl game since 1967.

King landed his first NFL job in 2010 with the Dallas Cowboys and in 2011, he was hired by the Texans. He was part of a defensive staff in Texas that oversaw the third-largest defensive improvement in NFL history since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger. One year after after giving up 376.9 yards per game and ranking 30th in the NFL in total defense in 2010, the Texans improved to second in the NFL at 285.7 yards per game

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Potential guy: Richard Smith from the Donkeys

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Potential guy: Richard Smith from the Donkeys

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/co...f-ee4baff347f6
          He is available now and I do have to say the Bronco linebackers have been more impressive than the Charger linebackers over the past few years.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Potentially 4 former Donkey coaches out there to pick and plunder from their assistant staff. Dennis Allen is also out there interviewing for a DC position.

Comment

• Screeme
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Dennis Allen is who I was thinking. Maybe LB/Asst HC..

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

rotoworld:

Redskins hired Joe Barry as defensive coordinator.
                It couldn't be any more underwhelming of a hire. Barry, 44, was the Chargers' LBs coach each of the past four seasons, but had a previous stint as the Lions' defensive coordinator from 2007-2008 under coach Rod Marinelli, who is Barry's father-in-law. The Lions went 0-16 in 2008 and finished dead-last in total defense each of those two seasons, giving up over 404 yards per game in the winless year. We'd actually maybe prefer Jim Haslett over Barry.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Maybe premature:

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 3 minutes ago

Those close to Joe Barry and those involved in hiring have told me Jay Gruden has not hired Joe Barry. The report is false. #Redskins

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Maybe premature:

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 3 minutes ago

Those close to Joe Barry and those involved in hiring have told me Jay Gruden has not hired Joe Barry. The report is false. #Redskins
                    I dont mind sites like Rotoworld and there are some good writers and content but with sites like that I always keep in mind that they're no sbnation.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                      I dont mind sites like Rotoworld and there are some good writers and content but with sites like that I always keep in mind that they're no sbnation.
                      Two different kinds of sites. sbnation has writers but also Fanblogs and breaks news sometimes. rotoworld is a fantasy football site that comments on news.
                      Last edited by oneinchpunch; 01-14-2015, 12:46 PM.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        Two different kinds of sites. sbnation has writers but also Fanblogs. rotoworld is a fantasy football site that that comments on news.
                        Right, they're like the Onion.

Comment

Working...
                        X