• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Corleone
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Kiper's 2015 mock draft 1.0

Not sure if anyone's posted this, but here it is.

Mel Kiper: 2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
    1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - QB Jameis Winston, Florida State
    2. Tennessee Titans - QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon
    3. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Leonard Williams, USC
    4. Oakland Raiders - WR Amari Cooper, Alabama
    5. Washington Redskins - DE Randy Gregory, Nebraska
    6. New York Jets - DE Shane Ray, Missouri
    7. Chicago Bears - S Landon Collins, Alabama
    8. Atlanta Falcons - DE Dante Fowler Jr, Florida
    9. New York Giants - OT Brandon Scherff, Iowa
    10. St. Louis Rams - OT T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh
    11. Minnesota Vikings - WR Devante Parker, Louisville
    12. Cleveland Browns - DT Danny Shelton, Washington
    13. New Orleans Saints - DE Vic Beasley, Clemson
    14. Miami Dolphins - OLB Shaq Thompson, Washington
    15. San Francisco 49ers - WR Kevin White, West Virginia
    16. Houston Texans - CB Trae Waynes, Michigan State
    17. San Diego Chargers - DE Arik Armstead, Oregon
    18. Kansas City Chiefs - WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma
    19. Cleveland Browns - OT Ereck Flowers, Miami
    20. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Marcus Peters, Washington
    21. Cincinnati Bengals - OLB Bud Dupree, Kentucky
    22. Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Kevin Johnson, Wake Forest
    23. Detroit Lions - DT Malcom Brown, Texas
    24. Arizona Cardinals - RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
    25. Carolina Panthers - OT Andrus Peat, Stanford
    26. Baltimore Ravens - WR Devin Funchess, Michigan
    27. Dallas Cowboys - DT Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma
    28. Denver Broncos - ILB Benardrick McKinney, Mississippi State
    29. Indianapolis Colts - WR Jaelen Strong, Arizona State
    30. Green Bay Packers - DT Eddie Goldman, Florida State
    31. New England Patriots - WR Sammie Coates, Auburn
    32. Seattle Seahawks - WR Devin Smith, Ohio State
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Thanks...welcome back Corleone
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Would be funny and not a total surprise to see the Browns use their second first round pick on Cardale Jones (assuming he enters the draft). They did it with Brady Quinn. They did it with Brandon Weaden. They did it with dumbbell Johnny. Why not do it with Cardale Jones? Only team I know that can acquire an extra first round pick and blow it like a drunken sailor at the dice table time after time.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        Thanks...welcome back Corleone
        Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in!
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I'd love to have Arik Armstead at DE. But we have to fix the O Line through FA first. Do both, and we'd have a great offseason.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• zoom
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I was never that impressed with Armstead. I think he (and Oakman) are going to jump up the draft boards after the combine, but neither one impressed me in the games i watched.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Stephon Tuitt 2.0 Id rather have Malcom Brown. Hes a Bully.

I think Armstead could put up good numbers at the combine and inflate his stock.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Armstead has the same size and frame as Arizona Cardinals DE Calais Campbell. He primarily lines up at defensive end in the Ducks' three-man front and he will also take reps over the center. He is an outstanding run defender. He widens his base, quickly shoots his hands and anchors down. He has the quickness to close and make plays from the backside but his effort is a little spotty. As a pass rusher, he doesn't have a quick first step but he has very explosive hands to club blockers and generate pressure. He can lower his pads, latch on and create push with his bull rush. He is an ideal 3-4 DE at the next level.

-- Daniel Jeremiah
                Arik Armstead, DE
                School: Oregon | Conference: PAC12
                College Experience: Junior | Hometown: Sacramento, CA
                Height/Weight: 6-7 / 296 lbs.
                Projected Ranking
                Overall Position Proj. Rnd.
                38 6 1-2

Strengths Weaknesses
                Armstead's production is far from staggering but he boasts such an incredible combination of size and athleticism that he could wind up as Oregon's hottest NFL prospect on the defensive side of the ball.

A monstrous man with natural power and light feet, Armstead's upside is undeniable.

--Rob Rang (7/17/14)
                Player Overview
                Armstead signed with the Ducks as a highly regarded prep and immediately impressed, recording 26 tackles in 13 games (including one start) in 2012. He didn't progress as hoped a season ago (15 tackles in 13 games, including five starts) but could be on the verge of a breakout campaign after quitting Oregon's basketball team to focus on football.
                The 6-8, 290-pound defensive end finished his junior campaign with 46 total tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks. He set a career high with nine tackles during the championship game, but the Buckeyes dominated at the line of scrimmage and amassed 296 rushing yards.
                He's one of the few 3-4 DEs in the draft. High risk, but if you want the potential that athleticism brings, you have to take the risk.
                Last edited by Formula 21; 01-16-2015, 10:41 AM.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Stanley and Drango are both returning to school. Of course they are. Man, can we ever catch a break?! So much for bringing in a rookie OT and improving us in pass protection at RT while kicking Fluker inside. So, we either get to stick it out with Fluker and his issues against quicker players or get into a bidding war for Bryan Bulaga, who I am not totally sold on either. Neither seems like a great option.

I think this is the best draft of Telesco's 3 for us to consider trading back and maybe trading back more than once. There seems to be very little consensus as to where a number of the players should be ranked after the first dozen plus players are off the board. The big boards and mock drafts are all over the place, much more so than I recall in previous seasons. To me, that suggests that no players are really emerging where we are slotted to pick. Given our many needs and no likely superior candidate in our draft slot, trading back would give us more picks without necessarily sacrificing any or much draft value to get the extra player(s).

As for Kiper's mock draft, nobody else that I have seen has Armstead anywhere near #17. I can guarantee that after passing on Moncrief last year for a very unimpressive Watt only to see him go with the next pick to the Colts, if we were to pass on DGB for Armstead only to watch him go to the Chiefs with the next pick (and then likely kill our undersized secondary for the next decade or so), I would be close to apoplectic.

If we are going to go with a DL player at #17, I agree with Fleet in that I would prefer Malcom Brown to Armstead. We are as soft as warm butter versus the run. We need to bigger, tougher and nastier on the DL and that means Brown more so than it does Armstead. If we somehow managed to get Brown and Shelton (who may fall as traditional NTs have in recent drafts), a Brown-Shelton-Liuget DL could easily end up being one of the best in all of football (ultimately). Also, Brown and Liuget as our DTs with the pass rush DL would likely maintain stoutness and still provide a decent pass rush from the middle

With no OTs worthy of being selected, we can probably get our OG(s) and/or C in the middle rounds, leaving the earlier rounds to help us at DL, WR, ILB or OLB. There are lots of ways we can go and lots of needs, which, again, supports the notion of trading back (assuming a trading partner or trading partners could be found).
                  Last edited by Yubaking; 01-16-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                    Stanley and Drango are both returning to school. Of course they are. Man, can we ever catch a break?! So much for bringing in a rookie OT and improving us in pass protection at RT while kicking Fluker inside. So, we either get to stick it out with Fluker and his issues against quicker players or get into a bidding war for Bryan Bulaga, who I am not totally sold on either. Neither seems like a great option.

I think this is the best draft of Telesco's 3 for us to consider trading back and maybe trading back more than once. There seems to be very little consensus as to where a number of the players should be ranked after the first dozen plus players are off the board. The big boards and mock drafts are all over the place, much more so than I recall in previous seasons. To me, that suggests that no players are really emerging where we are slotted to pick. Given our many needs and no likely superior candidate in our draft slot, trading back would give us more picks without necessarily sacrificing any or much draft value to get the extra player(s).

As for Kiper's mock draft, nobody else that I have seen has Armstead anywhere near #17. I can guarantee that after passing on Moncrief last year for a very unimpressive Watt only to see him go with the next pick to the Colts, if we were to pass on DGB for Armstead only to watch him go to the Chiefs with the next pick (and then likely kill our undersized secondary for the next decade or so), I would be close to apoplectic.

If we are going to go with a DL player at #17, I agree with Fleet in that I would prefer Malcom Brown to Armstead. We are as soft as warm butter versus the run. We need to bigger, tougher and nastier on the DL and that means Brown more so than it does Armstead. If we somehow managed to get Brown and Shelton (who may fall as traditional NTs have in recent drafts), a Brown-Shelton-Liuget DL could easily end up being one of the best in all of football (ultimately). Also, Brown and Liuget as our DTs with the pass rush DL would likely maintain stoutness and still provide a decent pass rush from the middle

With no OTs worthy of being selected, we can probably get our OG(s) and/or C in the middle rounds, leaving the earlier rounds to help us at DL, WR, ILB or OLB. There are lots of ways we can go and lots of needs, which, again, supports the notion of trading back (assuming a trading partner or trading partners could be found).
                    Take a look at OT Ronnie Stanley of Notre Dame.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Yubaking
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by zoom View Post
                      I was never that impressed with Armstead. I think he (and Oakman) are going to jump up the draft boards after the combine, but neither one impressed me in the games i watched.
                      I read that Oakman is returning to school, but I agree with your assessment as to both players.

Comment

• Yubaking
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        Take a look at OT Ronnie Stanley of Notre Dame.
                        Stanley was the guy I was dreaming we would get. He looked great in the video I watched--literally did not get beat on a single play against FSU. But the guy is returning to Notre Dame. He is not in the 2015 NFL draft.

Comment

Working...
                        X