• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL! Good one, Quack! For all We Know, the Bolts could be headed to the SB!!!
    Weren't you saying that only yesterday?!?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Weren't you saying that only yesterday?!?
      LOL...yep...not only that, but I said it Yesterday Once More...

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...yep...not only that, but I said it Yesterday Once More...
        Ah yes, but we've " Only just Begun".......

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Look guys, I am old. So I remember all those awful songs. And each time you reference one, it starts to play on a loop in my head. And it doesn't stop until it gets replaced by one of you listing a new awful song. So I am begging you to stop or I will release the kraken on you..

Here is just a small taste for your internal head loop agony of what might happen to you.....

I'll tumble for ya, I'll tumble for ya

Too shy shy, hush hush eye to eye

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            These 5 tools?
            A brief word from Coach Morris about his 5 Tool QB System
            "Over the last fifteen years, I have developed a training philosophy that is applicable to junior high QB's all the way up through pro QB's . This 5 Tool QB system is designed to focus on the 5 core fundamental principles listed below."

"To find out how and why we do this, please contact me at creemorris@yahoo.com to set up your training session and lets get started."

Coach Cree
            5 Core Fundamentals of the 5 Tool QB System

#1 - Leadership

Quarterbacks must be able to lead by themselves, be a self-starter and motivator. You do not have to be a talkative guy to do this. Sometimes you can lead by example. Do your teammates respond to the QB in the huddle and on the field? Teammates need to be able to trust their QB. The QB is the first one on the field and last one to leave. The QB must be willing to assist all teammates on the field, film study and in the playbook.
            #2 - Knowledge

The ability to quickly understand and be the first to recognize what is happening on the field is essential. The QB needs to know what to look for and why. He must process what he sees and react quickly. It’s the processing of information and quickly making a good decision that is at the core of knowledge for the QB. The QB must be able to understand the defense first and then, his own offense. The QB must be a student of the game. QB must understand how to prepare for games including opponent film study. The QB needs to develop a study guide for what to look for and how to break down film.
            #3 - Toughness

Mental and physical toughness is what everyone respects. QB needs to be the best competitor and be at his best under pressure. Not only take a hit with a player barreling down on him but also the abuse from the coaches, fans and media that come with the position. Quarterbacks need to stay mentally calm and flat line as I call it and not crumble under the pressure of the position.
            #4 - Footwork

To play QB the player must have consistency in drops and hand offs. The QB must have balance when he sets and throws, which is essential for timing with receivers and protections. The QB must be able to execute the footwork required for their offense. Whether we run or pass, our feet have to be in the proper position to make the play.
            #5 - Arm Strength/Accuracy

Regardless of height, speed, or arm strength the ability to be consistently accurate is the most important attribute a Quarterback can have. Is the QB able to throw accurately to his target on time and efficiently do it time after time? Quarterbacks do not have to have huge arms to be successful. There are many examples of pro, college and high school quarterbacks to support this. Accuracy comes through consistent footwork and putting our bodies in position to make good throws. Quarterbacks throw to spots to where the receiver is going to be.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Excellent. Thank you Ninja. I was sort of wondering what the 5 were and am surprised Popper or someone didn't immediately ask it.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Look guys, I am old. So I remember all those awful songs. And each time you reference one, it starts to play on a loop in my head. And it doesn't stop until it gets replaced by one of you listing a new awful song. So I am begging you to stop or I will release the kraken on you..

Here is just a small taste for your internal head loop agony of what might happen to you.....

I'll tumble for ya, I'll tumble for ya

Too shy shy, hush hush eye to eye

TG
                Lol, we just love Hurting Each Other.

Comment

• Rugger05
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ranking NFL offseason via ESPN

3. Los Angeles Chargers

What went right: The Chargers shored up an offensive line that ranked 32nd in pass block win rate last season in front of rookie quarterback Justin Herbert. General manager Tom Telesco signed away Corey Linsley away from the Packers and added Matt Feiler from the Steelers before using his first-round pick on Northwestern tackle Rashawn Slater. The team also helped keep the universe in order by signing Chase Daniel to serve as Herbert's backup.

What went wrong: The defense took a hit, as the Chargers lost a trio of starters in Melvin Ingram, Casey Hayward and Rayshawn Jenkins. The only significant replacement they acquired for any of the three was cornerback Asante Samuel Jr., a second-round pick who might be pushed into the lineup prematurely. The pass-rushing spot across from Nick Bosa might come down to Uchenna Nwosu and Kyler Fackrell. The Chargers will count on the return of Derwin James and the arrival of Brandon Staley, who oversaw the league's fourth-best defense by DVOA a year ago.

What they could have done differently: Los Angeles could have addressed cornerback by adding a veteran in free agency; I was surprised it didn't make a run at Troy Hill, who played under Staley a year ago. Linsley was an excellent center in Green Bay, but great centers don't always travel well when they head to new locations in free agency, and he's getting paid $17 million in Year 1 of his deal. Would the Chargers have been better with Hill at corner and instead using their second-round pick on a center such as Creed Humphrey? The money they saved could have bought them an edge rusher.

What's left to do: Add that edge rusher. The Chargers are too dependent on Bosa as it stands, and we know that it's always dangerous for this organization to count on one of their stars to stay healthy.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

What went right: Anthony Lynn was, “reassigned” ala George Stewart.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

It could be worse. You could have the song that's always stuck in my head. Something about an infant ocean predator.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                        Ranking NFL offseason via ESPN

3. Los Angeles Chargers

What went right: The Chargers shored up an offensive line that ranked 32nd in pass block win rate last season in front of rookie quarterback Justin Herbert. General manager Tom Telesco signed away Corey Linsley away from the Packers and added Matt Feiler from the Steelers before using his first-round pick on Northwestern tackle Rashawn Slater. The team also helped keep the universe in order by signing Chase Daniel to serve as Herbert's backup.

What went wrong: The defense took a hit, as the Chargers lost a trio of starters in Melvin Ingram, Casey Hayward and Rayshawn Jenkins. The only significant replacement they acquired for any of the three was cornerback Asante Samuel Jr., a second-round pick who might be pushed into the lineup prematurely. The pass-rushing spot across from Nick Bosa might come down to Uchenna Nwosu and Kyler Fackrell. The Chargers will count on the return of Derwin James and the arrival of Brandon Staley, who oversaw the league's fourth-best defense by DVOA a year ago.

What they could have done differently: Los Angeles could have addressed cornerback by adding a veteran in free agency; I was surprised it didn't make a run at Troy Hill, who played under Staley a year ago. Linsley was an excellent center in Green Bay, but great centers don't always travel well when they head to new locations in free agency, and he's getting paid $17 million in Year 1 of his deal. Would the Chargers have been better with Hill at corner and instead using their second-round pick on a center such as Creed Humphrey? The money they saved could have bought them an edge rusher.

What's left to do: Add that edge rusher. The Chargers are too dependent on Bosa as it stands, and we know that it's always dangerous for this organization to count on one of their stars to stay healthy.
                        It’s Joey FUCKIN Bosa not little Nicky.

Boy, this is a poorly written/researched few paragraphs.
                        I often wonder how most of the “sports journalists” and “professional commentators” keep their jobs with the awful preparation, lack of knowledge, and piss poor attention to detail.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          It could be worse. You could have the song that's always stuck in my head. Something about an infant ocean predator.
                          Hey, don’t worry! Be HAPPY!

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X