• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Mark Davis quotes on Jack DelRio

I have read that the Raiders selection of Del Rio is puzzling the 'experts' and that Mark Davis personally picked him because he wanted to be personally involved this time. Here are some quotes from Davis on the new coach.

"I really like Jack El Camino. He has a great name."

"Jack embodies what it takes to be a Raider. He is tough and rugged like a pickup truck, yet he has the speed and agility of a car. Kind of a pickup truck-car combo."

"As soon as I met Coach El Camino, I knew he was right for the job. Before he even said a word, I knew it. Turns out I was right because he ended up getting the job. I still don't know what he sounds like when he talks. I am looking forward to that."

"Reggie Mac thought Jack was a brat, but I knew better."

"I would like to start this press conference by thanking John Elway. Did you guys see that?!? Does he come off goofy and stupid or what? And that haircut of his? Man."

"I can judge a man's character pretty darn good. I asked Coach El Camino if he wanted some of my strawberry pop-rocks. And he said, why not? Suckers are loud when you eat them!"

"The biggest mistake I made before was not being involved in the head-coach-searching-for process. And we ended up with a guy who was the defensive coordinator for the Broncos and we tried to make him the head coach. And how did that work out. This time, I was not just involved in the head-coach-searching-for-process, I ran it, man. I ran it! Did you guys see me?!?"

"Cool! Legos!"

"It was down to Jack and the Soprano guy. No, it's pronounced Soprano, I should know. But what turned the tide for me was one guy buries a football and the other guy has a stump in his lockerroom that players hit with an axe. And one of the players had to be IR'd because he ended up hitting himself in the leg with that axe. How can you pass that up?"

TG
    Last edited by Heatmiser; 01-16-2015, 01:54 PM.
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

I heard that Mark Davis preferred Del Rio (sorry, El Camino) because one of his favorite quotes came from El Camino.

Comment

• rikardo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think, its a solid hire. He is a good coach to discipline a team. He never had a good QB in Jax yet still manage to produce with Jared or Leftwich or whatever there names are. Oak should be better next year IMO.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

My memory is foggy but weren't both Leftwich and Garrard pro bowl QBs at one point?

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• rikardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          My memory is foggy but weren't both Leftwich and Garrard pro bowl QBs at one point?

TG
          Don't know but they weren't very good ones, they were Vince Young type of talents...

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I have read that the Raiders selection of Del Rio is puzzling the 'experts' and that Mark Davis personally picked him because he wanted to be personally involved this time. Here are some quotes from Davis on the new coach.

"I really like Jack El Camino. He has a great name."

"Jack embodies what it takes to be a Raider. He is tough and rugged like a pickup truck, yet he has the speed and agility of a car. Kind of a pickup truck-car combo."

"As soon as I met Coach El Camino, I knew he was right for the job. Before he even said a word, I knew it. Turns out I was right because he ended up getting the job. I still don't know what he sounds like when he talks. I am looking forward to that."

"Reggie Mac thought Jack was a brat, but I knew better."

"I would like to start this press conference by thanking John Elway. Did you guys see that?!? Does he come off goofy and stupid or what? And that haircut of his? Man."

"I can judge a man's character pretty darn good. I asked Coach El Camino if he wanted some of my strawberry pop-rocks. And he said, why not? Suckers are loud when you eat them!"

"The biggest mistake I made before was not being involved in the head-coach-searching-for process. And we ended up with a guy who was the defensive coordinator for the Broncos and we tried to make him the head coach. And how did that work out. This time, I was not just involved in the head-coach-searching-for-process, I ran it, man. I ran it! Did you guys see me?!?"

"Cool! Legos!"

"It was down to Jack and the Soprano guy. No, it's pronounced Soprano, I should know. But what turned the tide for me was one guy buries a football and the other guy has a stump in his lockerroom that players hit with an axe. And one of the players had to be IR'd because he ended up hitting himself in the leg with that axe. How can you pass that up?"

TG
            I love this place
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Bordious
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Haleiwa, HI
              • Send PM

Only thing I remember about El Camino as a HC was when Jax played SF and him and I think Nolan both wore suits on the sideline as a throwback kinda thing. It looked very classy and I remember hm with his fedora looking pretty gangster too.

Comment

• Bordious
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Haleiwa, HI
                • Send PM

I was just trying to find a fedora pick with him, I think I was imagining that...

Comment

Working...
                X