• Send PM

My bad.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

The Best Charger Community On The Web - Powered by <a href="http://www.Namecheap.com" target="blank"><font color="#001039"><u>namecheap.com</u></font></a>

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Chargers expect a more elusive Donald Brown
        Eric D. Williams, ESPN Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO -- In football circles, making a defender miss traditionally is considered something you can't teach -- either you can move like Barry Sanders or you can't.

But San Diego Chargers running backs coach Ollie Wilson is bucking that trend this year. And the focus of his attention is running back Donald Brown.

"I believe this -- you get better with more repetitions," Wilson said. "If you don't rep the situations, then you don't get better at it. So we're going to put him in those situations."

This offseason, Chargers running back Donald Brown is working on making defenders miss in the open field.
        Yes, we know Brown averaged a nose-pinching 2.6 yards per carry last season, with his longest run in 2014 just 16 yards.

But according to Pro Football Focus Brown had the top elusive rating among running backs in the NFL in 2013, when he averaged 5.3 yards per carry for the Indianapolis Colts. So Wilson believes Brown knows how to make defenders miss. It's just a matter of getting back to what worked for him two years ago in Indianapolis.

Brown is only 28 years old. He's reliable and has an intimate understanding of offensive coordinator Frank Reich's offense.

San Diego's improved offensive line should help bring Brown's yards-per-carry numbers up. But he also has to do a better job of breaking tackles in the open field.

Wilson created some downhill running drills that will help Brown reestablish his confidence in making defenders miss in the open field. And he also strongly encourages Brown and other San Diego running backs to work on making guys miss during team drills, and not to just coast when they get to the second level.

Wilson said Brown dropped some weight, which has helped the University of Connecticut product pick up more quickness.

"He's got a burst that he really didn't have last year," Wilson said. "What Donald and I talked about a lot is his work in the open field -- working one-on-one with a guy and making a guy miss. And that's something we're really spending a lot of time on.

"The advantage Donald has is he knows everything in the offense. He's as smart as a whip -- that's why protection-wise a lot of times when we didn't have Danny [Woodhead], he was the next guy in because he knew all of the protections.

"To be very honest with you, as much as I think he can get better at finishing off runs, he was really good handling blitz. That was something that was a little bit of a knock on him coming from Indy, but I can put on a blitz reel film, and taking on A gap linebackers that were probably 30 or 40 pounds heavier, he got them stopped."

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Mods please move this to the "Donald Brown isn't very good" thread....
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

So many ? this season, but all players looking to raise their ceilings, so no worse than last season and likelyhood of playing much better.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Mods please move this to the "Donald Brown isn't very good" thread....
              Mike Scifres knows Donald Brown isn't very good.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                Mike Scifres knows Donald Brown isn't very good.
                Ollie better not play that video for Scifres.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

"Man, he's such a Donald!" : An insult signifying poor performance or behavior. Can be applied to Charger defenders, offensive skill positions, and presidential candidates.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                    "Man, he's such a Donald!" : An insult signifying poor performance or behavior. Can be applied to Charger defenders, offensive skill positions, and presidential candidates.
                    Hey now. I have it on good authority that there are some pretty awesome Donalds out there...

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
                      Hey now. I have it on good authority that there are some pretty awesome Donalds out there...
                      Only if the authorities are Donald's themselves.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

If repetitions help, why not give Melvin Gordon those reps?
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

No shit, way to fuck it up.

Comment

Working...
                          X