• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    Vinabolt makes some very good points. I still would have run beastmode into that defense.
    Carroll explained his reasoning after the game that if you pass one second down and throw an incompletion, you can run on 3rd down and still have a timeout to run it again on 4th down which is what they were planning on doing. He didn't expect an interception there and in fact, no QB in the league threw an interception from the 1 yard line in the entire season.

But I still would have run.

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

It was 26 seconds left at the start of that 2nd down play. 26 seconds for 3 plays is not "plenty of time". They need that timeout. They need to stop the clock atleast 2 times to be safe. They need breathing room.

The blame should go to the indecision by SEA to let the clock run down in the first place. I think they just in disbelief that NE not calls the timeout. They were waiting for a timeout from NE that's never come.
      Last edited by vinabolt; 02-04-2015, 11:31 PM.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
        It was 26 seconds left at the start of that 2nd down play. 26 seconds for 3 plays is not "plenty of time". They need that timeout. They need to stop the clock atleast 2 times to be safe. They need room to breath.

The blame should go to the indecision by SEA to let the clock run down in the first place. I think they just in disbelief that NE not call the timeout. They wait for a timeout from NE that's never came.
        Yes. The 1st down play came with 1:06 on the clock. So Pete had a plan. A very poor plan.

The plan should've been to hurry and run it. Not waste time. But Pete was scared to give the ball back so he stalled and ended up calling a bad play because of it. You run it quick. Force the Pats to call a TO an then you have 2 plays to call whatever the hell you want with plenty of time to think it over
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• vinabolt
          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
          • Feb 2015
          • Send PM

SEA probably was expecting and waiting for NE to stop the clock for them. When NE refuse, SEA got disorganize and spends a long time to think what they want to do next.
          Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

SEA probably was expecting and waiting for NE to stop the clock for them. When NE refuse, SEA got disorganize and spends a long time to think what they want to do next.
            ...and ran the wrong play.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Terrible coaching. You get the play in no matter what. You don't sit there waiting for the other team to call a time out. Seattle had plenty of time to get a run play in and get it off way before 0:26. Terrible, terrible choke job.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                You don't sit there waiting for the other team to call a time out.
                with half a yard to go with the game/season on the line, you also shouldnt let the other team dictate your next move. Caroll might've been overthinking too much about any other trick Belciheck might pull in those closing moments, so Bill essentially fucks with your head even without doing anything.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2014
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

after watching the SB replay, It looks as if tripping players is the Patriots M.O....Great strategy on their part, It doesn't look as flagrant or as obvious as a P.I foul (worse case scenario, They get away with it). I'm pretty sure Belichick has trained his players to trip when they're beat and prevent a huge play, Just take the penalty. Great Coaching on his part.

It sucks that Belichick is a great coach. Put the cheating aside, He has his team on the same page and they'll do what it takes to win "by any means necessary"

on that note .........Fuck the Patriots

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt
                    It was a run-defense play. 7 players stack the box with the "safety" ready for run support (penetrate areas, help defend the leap). 3 DBs man-up on an island against the 3 SEA's receivers. It was a play that designed and called to defend the run.
                    The box was so stacked because Seattle didn't spread them out. Everyone on offense was very much between the numbers.

Originally posted by oneinchpunch
                    Yes. The 1st down play came with 1:06 on the clock. So Pete had a plan. A very poor plan.

The plan should've been to hurry and run it. Not waste time. But Pete was scared to give the ball back so he stalled and ended up calling a bad play because of it. You run it quick. Force the Pats to call a TO an then you have 2 plays to call whatever the hell you want with plenty of time to think it over
                    Pete let way too much time run off between the first down play and the second down play. I think they were substituting, which allowed the D to sub players in and that was a huge mistake. After the long pass, and before the 1st down play they took a time out. Why not call 2 plays (featuring Beast mode) right then? 1st play got them to the 1, hurry back to the line and run the second play. Don't let the D sub players, you are in control at that point. I love my odds from the 1 with Beast mode, especially if you give him a lead blocker.
                    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                      he is a lawyer, it's his nature to be confrontational and argumentative. My own mother said the same thing about me when I was in my 20s and suggested I should be a lawyer too because of those tendencies. I was 1/2 way there until I found out I'd make less income for twice the work than what I was already doing in electronics.
                      Hmmm...what kind of electronics? In your opinion, what are the employment prospects for this field in SoCal? I could easily be persuaded to move back and I happen to be coming out for a visit soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

1. I was shocked when they lined up in Shotgun... I was like, what the hell?

2. My next thought was, here comes the read option with Wilson...they love running that down by the goal line (I'm not sure if they normally run it out of shotgun by the goal line, but they scored a TD on the packers running the read option).

3. When they didn't run it, or even play fake it.. I was surprised. I just think you either option it with Lynch, or playaction, and give Wilson a run/pass option.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Or, Seattle just outright choked since they thought this game was in the bag. poorly run pick play, telegraphed pass...just looked and felt like going through the motions....

Comment

Working...
                          X