• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Herm Edwards on the Superbowl

Just like everyone else, your mailman, dentist's receptionist's niece, 14 year old bloggers, etc, Herm Edwards was interviewed and asked to weigh in on the big game.

Interviewer - "So Herm, how would you have prepared your team for the big game if you were the coach?"

Herm Edwards - "Peanut BUTTER! That is what was in the SANDWICH that set off that jelly!"

(I) - "Err, come again?"

(HE) - "The game is like any other game, any other game. Yet it is unlike any other game. It is that special."

(I) - "Ok, not going to answer that one. What about deflated footballs? Is it worth all the attention it is getting?"

(HE)- " Let me tell you about footballs, let me TELL YOU. Some footballs got more air in 'em than others. Some got less. It's like when you get that bag of potato chips....looks all full and everything. Until you OPEN it. Then what do you have? AIR! There is air in footballs, just like in them potato chip bags."

(I) - "Do you think the Patriots cheated? Is Bill Belichick a serial cheater?"

(HE) - "It's like my Pappy's neighbor's huntin' dog used to say...if you ain't cheatin', you A'INT trying!"

(I) - "Wait, the dog could talk? What about Bill though?"

(HE) - "Let me tell you about ol' Bill. Have you ever coached? HAVE...YOU.....EVER.....COACHED? You ever had to mumble monosyllabic answers to tough questions in front of the press? You ever have to wear a dress shirt under a hoodie at a podium? Yea, that's what I thought. Catch me again when you have. "

(I) - "Last question.....who do you like to win this game and why?"

(HE) - "Well now, let me answer that with a little story--"

(I) - "sigh"

(HE) - "---when I was a boy, there was an apple tree near my yard. Not in my yard, mind you, near my yard. And all summer long, them apples would be growing on that tree, all red and juicy looking. Then come fall, the apples would either get picked or fall on the ground, you follow?"

(I) - "No"

(HE) - " What I am trying to tell you is that the apples are not always greener when that dog won't HUNT. So that is why I like Seattle to win this game. Both teams gonna play to win, 'cause that is WHY the GAME is PLAYED. But only one of them is going to win THE GAME. Unless they tie, but that can't really happen in the Superbowl, so somebody gonna win. So Patriots gonna do it. Patriots or Seattle. One of them gonna win. Gonna have to. But both of them are great prom dates. One is pretty and young and fun, one is smart and a good dancer. Both good dates, but can't take 'em both to the prom."

TG
    Last edited by Heatmiser; 01-29-2015, 10:24 AM.
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

No one airs it out like Herm.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• John Madden
      BOOM!
      • Mar 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      No one airs it out like Herm.
      Brett Favre really aired it out when he was playing. And hey, one of the two teams is going to score more points than the other team in the big game. I think whoever does that is going to win.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by John Madden View Post
        Brett Favre really aired it out when he was playing. And hey, one of the two teams is going to score more points than the other team in the big game. I think whoever does that is going to win.
        John, how much is Mark Davis paying you to change his diapers?
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X