• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FarAwayBoltFan
    San Diego Native
    • Feb 2019
    • Farmington, NM
    • Send PM

November 8, 1981... my Dad took his goofy tween son to the recently named Jack Murphy Stadium to make fun of the new Bengals uniforms. He was laughing pre-game that they must still be wearing Halloween costumes. That was maybe our last laugh as the Bengals crushed my beloved Chargers on that sunny warm Sunday afternoon.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

1972 against the Cowboys in San Diego: a loss of course.

Comment

• screeme18
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2019
        • Send PM

Honestly couldn't tell you an exact date or team. My parents had season tickets when we lived in SD, up until we moved in 1989.

My first game would have been early 80s sometime. My dad always took me to one of the Pre-season games. About once a season one of my parents couldn't go (sick or my dad was out of town, whatever) and I'd get to go to a regular season game.

I've been to a small handful up here in Seattle. We.. haven't won a lot of games up here the last 30 years haha..

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Balboa Bowl, just off the freeway into downtown Concrete steps as seats. Saw Jimi Hendrix there during his “AreYou Experience” tour. Blown out speaker covers. He cruised up across the field in a limo, Cream playing. We were the only white teenagers there, it seemed.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            Balboa Bowl, just off the freeway into downtown Concrete steps as seats. Saw Jimi Hendrix there during his “AreYou Experience” tour. Blown out speaker covers. He cruised up across the field in a limo, Cream playing. We were the only white teenagers there, it seemed.
            Neilwhitefalcon_retouched copy.jpg 4dd343f76460e5e0e7e5e69797a15b76.jpg

Balboa & The Bob Dylan of Canada/1969

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
              1995 Vet stadium in Philly was my first live game. Holly Robinson Peete sang the national anthem. Jr with a defensive TD. Colemen ran a punt back. The Philly fans booed a kids youth singing group at half time.
              Wow...you really experienced the full Philly treatment on that one.

My first Chargers game....and exhibition with the Patriots in Drew Bledsoe's rookie year. Of course, the Chargers won, but Bledsoe looked pretty good in his debut at the end of that game.

Only regular season game was ironically in Buffalo. Rivers was the QB, and they squeaked by. I think that was the year the Chargers went 14-2 under Schottenheimer (RIP Marty).

My only other Chargers game I went to was in Japan in 1996...exhibition game against the Steelers and they destroyed them. You knew it was a bad day for the Steelers when they carted off two players on the first two plays of the game (at least that is the way I remember it).

I don't go to a lot of NFL games in particular, but I do make sure I have fun!
              sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Fall of 1999 saw the Chargers at the Vikings in Minneapolis.

We lost. This was Mike Riley. We went 1-15 this season. But they played pretty well, didn't get blown out. This was the fall after the Vikings went 15-1 in the regular season.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers 70 View Post
                  Two words: Ed Hoculi
                  You were there huh?

Fuck Denver

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Either 89 or 90 buddy was a Oilers fan his gf drove us down from Santa Barbara. We all got a ticket for minors with beers and all I remember is Chargers fans being pissed off and saying fuck Spanos when we were leaving.

I was there in 06 and every other home playoff loss in the last twenty years. Only win I saw was against Titans. Lost to Jets twice and Jets fans are almost as bad as NE fans.

Good times.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                      East Coast Chargers Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                      • Send PM

I saw them play against the Jets when LT was a Jet that was my only other live Chargers game

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Wow...you really experienced the full Philly treatment on that one.

My first Chargers game....and exhibition with the Patriots in Drew Bledsoe's rookie year. Of course, the Chargers won, but Bledsoe looked pretty good in his debut at the end of that game.

Only regular season game was ironically in Buffalo. Rivers was the QB, and they squeaked by. I think that was the year the Chargers went 14-2 under Schottenheimer (RIP Marty).

My only other Chargers game I went to was in Japan in 1996...exhibition game against the Steelers and they destroyed them. You knew it was a bad day for the Steelers when they carted off two players on the first two plays of the game (at least that is the way I remember it).

I don't go to a lot of NFL games in particular, but I do make sure I have fun!
                        I was there too. Remember the LT 51 yards rushing TD ? I was right on the 50 yards line.
                        Remember the ugly onside kick of the Bills at the end of the game ?
                        What an OL we had then !
                        Yes, it was the 14-2 Chargers. We saw the best Chargers edition !

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
                          My first live game was 8/6/1960. Against the New York Titans in the coliseum, the very first preseason game they ever played. I remember Paul Lowe running wild, instant fan. I grew up in Orange county (before it was fashionable) I had just gotten my drivers license at 16. The Chargers were training at Chapman Collage so I cruised down to see a practice and somebody was handing out free tickets. Free certainly worked for me even though the seats were way up high somewhere around the goal line. Very fun night for a country kid from Orange County.
                          I can't tell you how awesome this post is!

Comment

Working...
                          X