Welcome Shula!

Go Rivers!
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Tell him to keep the golf carts away from the playing surface.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I feel dirty after reading this.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Is this Spani buying votes against a Rams move to LA?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Oh, maybe its just another guy that the game is too big for to go along with Nolan Reich McCoy and Pegano...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

San Diego Chargers hire Chris Shula away from John Carroll University (photos, videos)

1 / 11
             By Tim Warsinskey, The Plain Dealer
            Email the author | Follow on Twitter
            on February 09, 2015 at 3:55 PM
            View/Post Comments
            UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, Ohio - The NFL is getting another Shula, and John Carroll University once again is looking for a defensive coordinator. Chris Shula was hired by the San Diego Chargers as a defensive quality control coach, the Chargers announced Monday.
            Shula follows the footsteps of his grandfather, Hall of Famer Don Shula, who also went from John Carroll to the NFL. Chris is the son of former Cincinnati Bengals coach Dave Shula.
            Chris Shula coached one season at John Carroll, which now seeks to hire its fifth defensive coordinator in four years. They keep moving up the coaching food chain.
            His predecessor, Brandon Staley, also coached one year and was hired by James Madison as a defensive coordinator. Jerry Schuplinski was at the school just a few months and never coached a game. He was hired by the New England Patriots as a quality control coach in 2013 and now is being fitted for a Super Bow ring.
            John Carroll ranked seventh in Division III in total defense and 10th in scoring defense last season. Shula's variable front, attacking defense posted three shutouts as the Blue Streaks (11-2) reached the NCAA playoff quarterfinals.
            Shula, 29, is to be honored March 3 as college assistant coach of the year by Northeastern Ohio Chapter of the National Football Foundation and Cleveland Touchdown Club Charities.
            At John Carroll, Shula was surrounded by his family's legacy. The stadium is named for his grandfather, who played defensive back there and was drafted by Browns coach Paul Brown, beginning an unparalleled, 45-year NFL career. Don Shula, who grew up in Grand River, is the NFL's winningest coach and won two Super Bowls with the Baltimore Colts and Miami Dolphins.
            Chris Shula could not immediately be reached for comment Monday. He told The Plain Dealer last fall being part of the Shula legacy meant a lot to him, but he did not dwell on it.

Chris Shula continues John Carroll legacy
            John Carroll University first-year defensive coordinator Chris Shula, the grandson of Don Shula, talks about the Blue Streaks' defense heading into a showdown at Mount Union last November. Shula was hired by the San Diego Chargers on Monday. (Tim Warsinskey / The Plain Dealer)
            "When we step on the field, or when I'm coaching the guys, it's not something you're ever thinking about at all, but it's something cool that I can talk to my grandpa about, and he's calling me and checking up on how John Carroll is doing,'' Chris Shula said. "The fact that I'm part of it now, a part of the legacy of John Carroll, is really an honor. Not just my grandfather, but all the other guys that have been to the NFL, it's just such an historic program.''
            Don Shula, who lives in South Florida, reveled in seeing his grandson at JCU last year.
            "I'm very happy and proud of him,'' Don Shula told The Plain Dealer last year.
            John Carroll coach Tom Arth recently said in a statement about Chris Shula's assistant coach of the year award: "I'm really proud of Chris. He was in a tough situation coming in this year having to kind of follow up to what we did in 2013 with how good our defense was. He exceeded every expectation that I had, that our players had and our coaches had.
            "He's an incredible person and it means so much to us to have him here. We're fortunate and blessed for Chris to be here. He's only going to get better, he's going to keep getting better. Our defense will keep getting better with him leading the charges.''
            Chris Shula coached four years as a graduate assistant at Indiana and Ball State before joining the John Carroll staff last year. He was a three-year letterman as an undersized linebacker at Miami (Ohio) University.

Shula170
            Grand River native Don Shula was the coach of the year in 1964 despite his championship loss to the Browns.
            He bears a striking resemblance to his grandfather, as can be seen in this historical video of Don Shula talking about the Colts' 1964 NFL Championship game against the Browns.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Jeebus. He's a quality control coach. I guess his HOF lineage will make the coffee and donuts he has to bring to the coaches meetings taste all Hall Of Famey.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                Jeebus. He's a quality control coach. I guess his HOF lineage will make the coffee and donuts he has to bring to the coaches meetings taste all Hall Of Famey.
                He delivers his undefeated donuts and coffee on his special electric cart right over the practice field where the kickers practice kicking field goals.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Two funny!;!
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Stinky do me a favor and post something in the draft thread. I want to see something.

Comment

• Screeme
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Silly question, but.. What exactly is a quality control coach?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

A lucky charm?
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X