San Diego sports caster shot in front of his home.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

San Diego sports caster shot in front of his home.

Go Rivers!
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Whoa.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Yeah, whoa!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

Wow.

Honestly though, I am pretty shocked nobody here has said how happy they are that he was shot. Given the way the SD media is regarded in here, clearly any of you could have done his job, better. /S

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Non life threatening from what i understand.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
            Wow.

Honestly though, I am pretty shocked nobody here has said how happy they are that he was shot. Given the way the SD media is regarded in here, clearly any of you could have done his job, better. /S
            I certainly hope he survives his injuries with minimal recovery time.

But a sportscaster is hardly media. At least in a exclusive, objective or informative news form.
            Last edited by oneinchpunch; 02-10-2015, 10:13 PM.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

OK... Agree but is that his fualt an eledged distributor of news would hire him and pay him to be a hometown homer? Dude was shot and that may have nothing to do with his job opinion on sports. Its local its news I posted it for those reasons.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                OK... Agree but is that his fualt an eledged distributor of news would hire him and pay him to be a hometown homer? Dude was shot and that may have nothing to do with his job opinion on sports. Its local its news I posted it for those reasons.
                This had nothing to do with him being a reporter. That's all Im saying
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Kraska is my least favorite local sports guy, far lower than Kaplan, but doesn't deserve to be shot.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Stories like this are exactly why I renew my pistol permit. Just upped for another 3 years last week. You just never know...
                    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

The man who allegedly shot a TV sports anchor for San Diego's CBS affiliate has been taken into custody, police said late Tuesday.

San Diego police spokesman Scott Wahl told the Associated Press that 54-year-old Mike Montana surrendered to police shortly before 10 p.m. local time Tuesday after a standoff at a residence in El Cajon, northeast of San Diego. KFMB reported that houses surrounding the standoff were evacuated by authorities.

The station said its sports director, Kyle Kraska, was attacked outside his home in the wealthy Scripps Ranch area of the city. The station reported that Kraska was shot in the leg and the left side of his stomach.

Late Tuesday, KFMB reported that Kraska had undergone surgery and his prospects were good.

The station reported that shots were initially fired into the rear window of Kraska's Mercedes. His car then appeared to pull out of his driveway and the confrontation spilled into the street in front of Kraska's home before another round of gunshots were heard.

The car could be seen parked on the edge of a driveway in a cul-de-sac with its back window shot out. Neighbors reported hearing at least 10 shots.

Police did not give a motive for the shooting, but said Montana drove away from the scene in a white minivan with the logo "Superior Painting" on its side. Rob Pedley, who owns Superior Painting in San Diego, said the van did not belong to his company and he didn't know Montana.

A former neighbor of Montana's told KFMB that he and the suspect had frequent run-ins and he believed Montana had been taking psychotropic medications.

"He left threatening voice mails on my son's cell phone," the man told the station. "Not direct threats, but talking about his guns and how good a marksman he is, so, insinuated threats."

Kraska appears on KFMB's evening newscasts and hosts its San Diego Chargers postgame show. He has worked at the station since 1999 and has been its sports anchor since 2003.

He previously worked for TV stations in New York, Florida, Texas and Los Angeles.

The shooting comes less than two months after a TV meteorologist in Texas was shot outside the station where he works.

Authorities said KCEN-TV meteorologist Patrick Crawford was in his car the morning of Dec. 17 when a gunman approached, yelled at him and shot him three times.

Crawford returned to the air four weeks later. Authorities are still looking for the gunman.
                      sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                        Stories like this are exactly why I renew my pistol permit. Just upped for another 3 years last week. You just never know...
                        yes sir, you always want to be locked loaded licensed and prepared for when the painter, landscaper, plumber etc...draw on you.
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X