• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Norv speaks

Norv Turner on Teddy Bridgewater\'s rookie season, Philip Rivers\' season and Nick Hardwick\'s career
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Martha is short! 1090 better get her to interview Marty Shottenheimer next!

Hi Martha!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Martha is short! 1090 better get her to interview Marty Shottenheimer next!

Hi Martha!
      Norv is taller than you would think. When I met him in the locker room, I was pretty shocked that he was a good 3-4 inches taller than me, and I'm 6'1".

Comment

• Geezbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Sun Valley, ID
        • Send PM

Norv is a totally different person when he doesn't have the pressure on him of being an HC. It was nice to see him smile when talking about Nick Hardwick.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
          Norv is a totally different person when he doesn't have the pressure on him of being an HC. It was nice to see him smile when talking about Nick Hardwick.
          Agreed. He seems a lot more relaxed when he's not the top guy.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
            THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
            Generous Donor
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Probably a great guy...and we know "why" he was hired...frustratingly limped to just enough victories to keep him around about 3 years too long. I guess part of that 'blame' should go on Rivers #sarcasm
            NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Never had a problem with Norv Turner the man. I always thought he was a good guy, and he supported good causes while here. My issue with him was his coaching. Stubbornly sticking to his system, deflecting blame, and stabbing AJ in the back on his way out. He was in over his head, as he always had been as a head coach. He was definitely good for Rivers in the beginning, but nearly ruined him in the end. At the end of the day, he did man the helm during a great era of Chargers football - he did the best he could and he wasn't a total disaster. AJ Smith turned out to be the real problem in the end, much like Beathard, his ego got the best of him and like Beathard managed to run their ideal coaching partner out of town. I guess Dean is at fault too, his wishy washy ways cultivates this type of insubordination through his weak leadership.

Comment

Working...
              X