• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Cornerbacks currently on the Chargers' roster: Chris Harris and two undrafted players from last season's practice squad, John Brannon and Donte Vaughn.

We will see if they bring back free agents Michael Davis, Brandon Facyson, and Tevaughn Campbell.

Every time you release a player it creates another hole. Cap space is great, but you still need to field a team, hopefully a winning team.

NFL Rumors has us interested in John Johnson III, Lamarcus Joyner, and Janoris Jenkins.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

As painful as it was watching this release be bantered about the last few weeks, I believe it was more painful watching Casey getting picked on last year and chase guys around from a step or two behind. Resign him???.......I dunno, he is not going to get any faster even if we pay him less. I think that is a heart over head decision at this point unless Brandon and the new staff can concoct a scheme that he can support or hopefully excel in. However I think that ship has sailed.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

NFL Rumors has us interested in John Johnson III, Lamarcus Joyner, and Janoris Jenkins.
        Strangely enough, bringing in players coaches are personally familiar with has not worked under Telesco:

Bulaga, Orlando Franklin,.....

Other than Telesco's 2013 crop, Casey Hawyard & to a lesser extant Okung, NFL free agent signings have not been kind to T.T.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Strangely enough, bringing in players coaches are personally familiar with has not worked under Telesco:

Other than Telesco's 2013 crop, Casey Hawyard & to a lesser extant Okung, NFL free agent signings have not been kind to T.T.
          That’s why I never, ever get excited at FA time. It has essentially never done anything for the Bolts. Yeah, there is the occasional decent player, but its rare. And I expect the same this year.

So TT, please draft some quality OL.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Does this mean the Jack'd Boyz are over?

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Casey was a very good player. This last year - there was a drop off. But the first four years as a Chargers - did very well

I think Chris Harris stays - but again - they can explore the market early next week before his $2m bonus kicks in . Would Troy Hill for close to the same dollars make more sense than Harris. Though Staley was on staff in Denver so probably Harris makes more sense than Hill and there really won't be significant cap savings going from CHJr to Troy Hill

Same with Linval Joseph - is he the right scheme fit? That one will be interesting to see

You have the new head coach, new system, now is the time to make these changes.
              Absolutely he was a fantastic player for us. I did advocate moving on from him before last season. Just like I advocate moving on from Harris now. The injuries are piling up for Harris and so are the calendar years. It's a large salary to pay for an aging Nickel corner. He is not the player he once was.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

And thats why two things
                1) I like the idea of the lesser midpack free agents. I am slowing down on Linsley as like you said, Telesco with big dollars - its been spotty. Telesco with mid range, much better (Woodhead, Hayward)

2) maybe don't raid the Rams but I think Staley knows personnel better than McCoy and Lynn too

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Lol, Fleet!

I didn't expect this one, to be honest. Gonna be some good ones released due to the cap.
                  I kind of expected it...Casey was solid for a while...but just got burned too many times last year...not surprising, really...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Absolutely he was a fantastic player for us. I did advocate moving on from him before last season. Just like I advocate moving on from Harris now. The injuries are piling up for Harris and so are the calendar years. It's a large salary to pay for an aging Nickel corner. He is not the player he once was.
                    Yep...to adopt the Belicheat model, better to cut 'em a year too early, than a year too late...with Harris, right now would be right on time...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Does this mean the Jack'd Boyz are over?
                      The Jackboyz were over as soon as one of those dudes celebrating a pick stepped on Derwin's foot...

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Jackboyz were over as soon as one of those dudes celebrating a pick stepped on Derwin's foot...
                        Ugh :facepalm1:

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...to adopt the Belicheat model, better to cut 'em a year too early, than a year too late...with Harris, right now would be right on time...
                          I agree but in that case they'd need 2 new starters at CB - kind of a tall order! Also, they haven't inked Davis yet. Because of that, I'm guessing Harris will get another year out of the Bolts.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X