Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The loss of Jenkins presents us with a bit of a problem. I certainly do not want Adderley as the starting FS. If that is the team's thinking, then I openly question that. If Malik Hooker is available, I would sign him in a New York minute.

For our team, Jenkins (who Charger fans have always somewhat underrated) is a greater loss than Henry (who Charger fans have always somewhat overrated). I like what Parham showed in flashes last year. He is not the blocker that Henry was for us, but he is a better receiving threat as Henry occasionally struggled to gain separation.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
      The loss of Jenkins presents us with a bit of a problem. I certainly do not want Adderley as the starting FS. If that is the team's thinking, then I openly question that. If Malik Hooker is available, I would sign him in a New York minute.

For our team, Jenkins (who Charger fans have always somewhat underrated) is a greater loss than Henry (who Charger fans have always somewhat overrated). I like what Parham showed in flashes last year. He is not the blocker that Henry was for us, but he is a better receiving threat as Henry occasionally struggled to gain separation.

Beg to differ, sir. The loss of Jenkins presents us with an opportunity to land a new S in the draft.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

If we sign Hooker then Adderley is still the week 1 starter when Hooker gets hurt again. We already have enough injury-prone starting safeties, don’t need another. Adderley will also do a lot better covering half the field instead of the whole thing. I worry about his angles and tackling some, but it’s not like Jenkins was great with those either.

Still have the draft, don’t need to fill every hole with a FA. Safety and TE both have some good day 2, early day 3 options.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Class. Thank you, Rayshawn.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Class. Thank you, Rayshawn.
            The way you should leave when it was a beneficial to both. Class Act Rayshawn!
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I thought he got better every year, and was just starting to round into form.

That said, I wish him well in his new adventure.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Well done Rayshawn. Congrats on the new deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Beg to differ, sir. The loss of Jenkins presents us with an opportunity to land a new S in the draft.
                  So far, we are just changing one roster hole for another via free agency as we now have FS and TE holes instead of holes at C and OG. We need to be (net) filling holes, not just treading water. We still need to deal with OT (frankly x2), OG, CB, EDGE, and now FS and TE.

So, while free agency has not even officially commenced, we still have a long way to go.

I certainly do not want us to have to draft a safety in the first three rounds and would prefer us not to have to consider need based draft picks at all. If Parsons is on the board at #13 (which could happen if 4-5 QBs go before we pick), we need to take him as the BPA.

Also, Grant is solid, but he is a solid prospect, but he does not seem like an elite difference making kind of player. He would probably need several years to get to where Jenkins is now. This year's draft does not look strong in terms of safeties.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

If we sign Hooker then Adderley is still the week 1 starter when Hooker gets hurt again. We already have enough injury-prone starting safeties, don’t need another. Adderley will also do a lot better covering half the field instead of the whole thing. I worry about his angles and tackling some, but it’s not like Jenkins was great with those either.

Still have the draft, don’t need to fill every hole with a FA. Safety and TE both have some good day 2, early day 3 options.
                    Hooker, like James has been injured a significant portion of the time. But when he is healthy, he is very good. I think the odds are with Hooker staying healthy most of the time going forward. It is not as if he is built like Bob Sanders or Verrett, where anyone can see that the player is likely to get injured. Hooker is in the same general size range as Keenan Allen and Derwin James. He should be fine going forward.

I have zero interest in Adderley as a starter or in having to waste an early draft pick to reach for a FS when the safety class this year looks pretty weak overall.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Hooker is injury prone. The hope is also that Adderley will play more disciplined under Staley and Hill. Not to mention he won’t be a single high FS anymore in Staley’s scheme.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

So far, we are just changing one roster hole for another via free agency as we now have FS and TE holes instead of holes at C and OG. We need to be (net) filling holes, not just treading water. We still need to deal with OT (frankly x2), OG, CB, EDGE, and now FS and TE.

So, while free agency has not even officially commenced, we still have a long way to go.

I certainly do not want us to have to draft a safety in the first three rounds and would prefer us not to have to consider need based draft picks at all. If Parsons is on the board at #13 (which could happen if 4-5 QBs go before we pick), we need to take him as the BPA.

Also, Grant is solid, but he is a solid prospect, but he does not seem like an elite difference making kind of player. He would probably need several years to get to where Jenkins is now. This year's draft does not look strong in terms of safeties.
                        Better to have holes at FS and TE than OC and OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Hooker is injury prone. The hope is also that Adderley will play more disciplined under Staley and Hill. Not to mention he won’t be a single high FS anymore in Staley’s scheme.
                          Hooker is similar to James with respect to injuries. There is no reason to believe that his injury history will continue. As far as I am aware, he does not have a chronic condition and his build does not predispose him to injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X