• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

How to Terminate the Inglewood Stadium Project

Go Rivers!
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Someone get this to the right people please.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Laugh it off grillbutts!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

* AGSAF (Artificially Generated Stampede Awareness Foundation) is currently seeking a spokesperson, preferably a high profile athlete or celebrity/musician, who’s willing to tell Americans that “legitimate venue emergency evacuation orders do NOT come from their personal cell phones.” Regrettably, not a single member of Congress appears interested. Many know about the problem but willfully choose to steer clear. Not much of a surprise. After all, there’s no money in it.

Ndonican Sue would make a great spokes person!!!
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Have you been in my Hoarse medicine?
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

What is happening here?
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

No idea how this would derail a stadium being built. Should the issue be addressed? Sure. But to say it can stop a stadium being built....what planet are these disassociated writers coming from?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

AEG says Inglewood stadium presents terrorism threat

Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2015, 7:10 PM EST

Getty Images
                In the Gumball Rally that has emerged as Inglewood and Carson race to build stadiums in the L.A. area, the company that has been trying to build a downtown venue for the past several years has thrown a fistful of nails into the path of the project proposed for the now-defunct Hollywood Park.

Via Sam Farmer and Nathan Fenno of the Los Angeles Times, a study commissioned by AEG concludes that the Inglewood site presents an unacceptable risk of terrorism.

The study, performed by former Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge, warns that terrorists may try to hijack or shoot down a plan landing at LAX, with the goal of crashing it into the stadium. Ridge calls the possibility a “a terrorist event ‘twofer.’”

The NFL is aware of the report, but it doesn’t seem to be ready to endorse it.

“We feel that the best approach is to look at these things with an independent eye,” NFL executive V.P. Eric Grubman told the Times. “You should assume the NFL has its own experts hired and at work to assess any potential NFL site, in any city, regarding these matters. And it is that advice that we will rely on.”

AEG has a clear bias; it wants to build the stadium in which one or two NFL teams will play. But the concerns shouldn’t be dismissed. The Inglewood site is in the LAX landing path. If/when a Super Bowl is played there, any and every plane that passed by becomes the potential weapon for mayhem and destruction that would rival — and possibly surpass — the events of September 11, 2001

You go AEG!
                Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                X